Invisible enemies in the catacombs

#1Bare_SoulPosted 4/27/2012 8:27:11 AM
I was wondering through the catacombs and I kept being attacked by something invisible, all I could see were their eyes and they kept gettin back up no matter how much I hit em, so tried kicking it off the edge of a cliff and it jus floated and came back at me, anyone know what they are?
#2repliroidPosted 4/27/2012 8:36:34 AM(edited)
There's only a few types of enemies in the Catacombs.

One is a floating head that is just a floating head...it closes on on you then screams and blows up but I don't think you can damage these, they just explode.

The only other thing I can think of is the skeletons, but there not invisible. Maybe your brightness settings are to dark? The skeletons will continue to be resurrected until you kill a cloaked skeleton holding a flaming head lamp (Necromancer). These will revive the few skeletons around them until there dead. Also if you have a weapon that deals faith (?) damage the skeletons will stay dead, meaning you won't have to kill the Necromancer. Astoras straight sword is an example.

Going from what you've said, I guess you kicked a skeleton over the edge and had a floating head appear instead :)
---
XBL GT - GreatSoulAbyss
#3repliroidPosted 4/27/2012 8:38:26 AM
Oh and if you have just started the game, there's nothing wrong with venturing down there but it's not where you should be heading straight away, that area is bet left till a later time.
---
XBL GT - GreatSoulAbyss
#4Bare_Soul(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 8:39:18 AM
I had already killed all the necromancers and completed the catacombs
#5repliroidPosted 4/27/2012 8:46:05 AM
Bare_Soul posted...
I had already killed all the necromancers and completed the catacombs

Oh well then I don't know, sorry dude. Maybe someone else knows what they are.
---
XBL GT - GreatSoulAbyss
#6ZeratulthekingPosted 4/27/2012 11:03:10 AM
Maybe give us the last thing you fought did before finding these invisible enemies?

I don't recall finding anything like that in catacombs and I explored all of that area. + only invisible enemy I've seen is the boss in the Painted world.
#7heatseekersPosted 4/27/2012 11:23:36 AM
Bare_Soul posted...
I was wondering through the catacombs and I kept being attacked by something invisible, all I could see were their eyes and they kept gettin back up no matter how much I hit em, so tried kicking it off the edge of a cliff and it jus floated and came back at me, anyone know what they are?

something similar happened to me: i was by the bone wheel skeletons and was attacked by what appeared to be an invisible skeleton. its like it revived without the body just the eyes that glow when its going to come back to life. it only happened once so i cant say how it happened
---
A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned-Shepherd Book
#8TwoArmedMan15Posted 4/27/2012 11:33:18 AM

My roommate had this happen to him too. He was attacked by a bodiless, flying skeleton (you could only see the eyes). We determined it to be one of the skeletons because it dealt bleeding damage. 

#9Bare_Soul(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 11:49:01 AM
I was walking through the catacombs about half way along the cliff edges and all you could see was the eyes and it collapsed and rebuilt like a skeleton with the exception it floated when kicked over the edge, I had 2 of the that would not leave me alone