Is there a "Dead is Dead" community for this game?

#1Cadco1Posted 5/2/2012 7:31:46 PM
I believe the game originated in Elder Scrolls (perhaps is only in that series), but basically what it is would be making a brand new character, any class, and then posting his/her name on here, along with starting class and date created. Then you play the game as you normally would, but keep in mind that when you die, your character dies forever. That is the name of the game, dead is dead. After you die, you reply to your original post, and then post where you were at your time of death, along with how you died. In my mind, this is either an extremely fun game to play Dead is Dead on, or perhaps entirely stupid because the game is so heavily based on death. Haha, I just wanted to see what you guys think! Sorry if this is something you already do! Of course there is no way to enforce the rules of quitting when you die, but hopefully anyone who has played through this game is mature enough to play correctly.
#2ZamussPosted 5/2/2012 7:37:32 PM
Sounds fun, thougth im sure all the people that post here regulary will be able to beat the game w/o dying, I will try it tought i'm sure i'm going to miss the jump on BoC and die.
---
Xboxlive GT: xZamusx
#3Scorpian_KingPosted 5/2/2012 7:47:55 PM(edited)
ok then

character name:
Reckless
5/2/2012
Knight

I will skip seathe's first encounter with the jump but that is the only change.
#4ZamussPosted 5/2/2012 7:54:34 PM
Name: Zamus (I'm so original)
Class: Warrior
Created: 05/02/12 10 p.m.
---
Xboxlive GT: xZamusx
#5Scorpian_KingPosted 5/2/2012 10:10:09 PM
Now to ng+
#6Scorpian_KingPosted 5/2/2012 11:20:18 PM
Finally died after about 4 hours to NG+ super Ornstien trying to solo them.
#7eugene1222Posted 5/3/2012 12:59:53 AM
Zamuss posted...
Sounds fun, thougth im sure all the people that post here regulary will be able to beat the game w/o dying, I will try it tought i'm sure i'm going to miss the jump on BoC and die.

This x1000

During my speedrun record attempts I usually dont die (then again, I just usually dont die now, except for certain stupid falls or low level and equip suicide runs), Ive done 4 attempts yday (finished one, the other 3 I quit due to one reason or another) out of which I died once at the iron golem because it was a terrible idea to take the straight sword of astora as a weapon of choice... :D
---
Young master, i cannot aid one who opposes the master.
#8csukarPosted 5/3/2012 4:10:58 AM
Scorpian_King posted...
ok then

character name:
Reckless
5/2/2012
Knight

I will skip seathe's first encounter with the jump but that is the only change.

how do you skip seath?
#9GregoryChambersPosted 5/3/2012 5:56:08 AM
Good idea, but dying to Seathe for first encounter shouldn't count as a death.
---
Gamertag: ZipgunOnParade
#10Luna_Diviner7Posted 5/3/2012 7:54:42 AM
Seems like this is gonna turn everyone into show-boaters.

YEAH I NEVER DIE, GOOD THING I'M ON NG+++++++

Pretty obvious that not everyone is going to tell the truth.