*fights Four Kings for the first time ever*

#1MogMastaPosted 5/12/2012 6:42:33 AM
*beats them on first try*

I don't get it, am I doing something wrong?
---
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/opinion
#2SnakeEyes170Posted 5/12/2012 6:44:49 AM
no its just that certain dummies build like garbage and if you don't have a proper amount of burst damage they're hard as ****
---
http://blackacrebrewing.com/hey.swf
DotA 2 random player
#3MogMasta(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2012 6:46:10 AM
I'm using a Strength/Faith build. Used a MSGS+10 and Sunlight Blade. I was like "lolwut?".
---
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/opinion
#4Fisto_Posted 5/12/2012 6:52:44 AM
MogMasta posted...
I'm using a Strength/Faith build. Used a MSGS+10 and Sunlight Blade. I was like "lolwut?".

Yeah, weapon buffs help a lot on this fight. I used Sunlight Blade as well on my Claymore +15, cut them down on NG+ like cheese.
---
Please assume the position.
#5Kratos_Plays_DSPosted 5/12/2012 6:56:43 AM
I'm assuming you went in with some knowledge about the fight? Knowledge is easily half the battle in Dark Souls. Well, even if you didn't, they're not particularly hard in NG. The boost they get in subsequent NG+s is where they get much harder. Either way, props for your first time victory. I remember those suckers giving me a bad time when the game first came out. It took several deaths until I realized it was a DPS fight. I didn't have Iron Flesh either because I said 'Yes' to Laurentius. ;_;
---
Reality is just a crappy game! - Katsuragi Keima
#6eugene1222Posted 5/12/2012 6:56:57 AM
MogMasta posted...

So you didnt go divine in the end did you? Good man! :D
---
Young master, i cannot aid one who opposes the master.
#7ZamussPosted 5/12/2012 7:05:59 AM
They aren't that bad, on my fisrt playtrough I beat them on my 3rd try, the first two I died before getting close to them, then on the third I got as close to them as I could and realized the low damage they do up close, did the same for all 4 and beat them easly.

Even on my Sl4 run they took me only around 5 tries, unlike S&O that owned me at least 15 times
---
Xboxlive GT: xZamusx
#8Dirk_DamascusPosted 5/12/2012 11:22:37 AM
I beat them first try too, havel's armour ring of steel protection and a +5 fire great scythe. Took a few minutes but it wasn't a problem.
---
GT: AngelRukai
I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than you!
#9Sitrus_DaoraPosted 5/12/2012 11:50:46 AM
I beat them yesterday with a Zweihander +15 and full Catarina Armour, with no buffs.

It was the first time I've done that fight while doing the fat roll. xD

It's actually quite a fun fight IMO.
---
I drove my tractor through your haystack last night ^_^
XBL GT: Xx Sitrus xX
#10CasylePosted 5/12/2012 12:58:27 PM(edited)
Not this AGAIN! *Groans* The 4 Kings that everyone hates are newgame+ and beyond. That first jump in difficulty can be a real *****. Especially if you don't know that summoning help not only gives 'em more hp but also speeds up how fast they appear.
---
Gamertag - Casyle