The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Why poisoning doesnt work in pvp.

#1MasterViVi2Posted 5/14/2012 8:01:04 AM
As evidenced by my last 4 invasions, poison seems to make people feel more entitled to healing...

bleh.
---
My Dragon Age: Origins play through blog - http://ihazcandy4youwarden.blogspot.com/
IHazCandy4You
#2moodyjm2Posted 5/14/2012 8:04:42 AM
Why don't you backstab them when they heal? Sounds like poison is working as intended :P
---
Ahoy!
#3gvandalePosted 5/14/2012 8:06:22 AM
moodyjm2 posted...
Why don't you backstab them when they heal? Sounds like poison is working as intended :P

Truth!

And when they get poisoned, people tend to play more wrecklessly and set themselves up for failure.
---
XBL: Darth Vandale
PSN: gvandale
#4moodyjm2Posted 5/14/2012 8:07:54 AM
gvandale posted...
moodyjm2 posted...

Truth!

And when they get poisoned, people tend to play more wrecklessly and set themselves up for failure.

And toxicity makes them lose their minds!
---
Ahoy!
#5MasterViVi2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 8:10:41 AM
My backstabs dont do much when I invade people too much higher in level than me.

Ive killed a few people the last few days who are a good amount higher (Im only 64) but its always by poisoning them, rolling in for a quick attack and dodging away. Staying close enough to backstab usually gets me killed lol.

Though if they continue healing Im going to have to alter my strategy I guess
---
My Dragon Age: Origins play through blog - http://ihazcandy4youwarden.blogspot.com/
IHazCandy4You
#6moodyjm2Posted 5/14/2012 8:13:53 AM
Hornet Ring.

At SL64, get an elemental weapon, and if they are healing quite often, run with a secondary backstab weapon like Bandit's Knife or Rapier.
---
Ahoy!
#7MasterViVi2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 8:14:28 AM
Would making Bandit Knife into a Lightning work?
---
IHazCandy4You
#8moodyjm2Posted 5/14/2012 8:25:53 AM(edited)
MasterViVi2 posted...

Yeah definately. It could be a great finisher because it also has bleed. Use it to keep on the pressure when they are poisoned, hoping they heal or die from bleed.

This is what I would do in your case: use a lightning Bandit Knife and one of you're Katanas at +15. Raise INT to 15 and use the Oolacile Catalyst with Great Magic weapon. Now you have two weapons that use bleed, with your Bandit Knife as backup when your Katana runs out of buff.

Also at 15 INT you will gain access to the awesome "assassin spells" Hidden Body, Fall Control, and Chameleon. Seriously dude, Hidden Body is money.
---
Ahoy!
#9CleatusTJonesPosted 5/14/2012 9:21:29 AM
moodyjm2 posted...
MasterViVi2 posted...

Yeah definately. It could be a great finisher because it also has bleed. Use it to keep on the pressure when they are poisoned, hoping they heal or die from bleed.

This is what I would do in your case: use a lightning Bandit Knife and one of you're Katanas at +15. Raise INT to 15 and use the Oolacile Catalyst with Great Magic weapon. Now you have two weapons that use bleed, with your Bandit Knife as backup when your Katana runs out of buff.

Also at 15 INT you will gain access to the awesome "assassin spells" Hidden Body, Fall Control, and Chameleon. Seriously dude, Hidden Body is money.

When you invade you are either a red phantom or blue phantom, hidden body doesn't help if you are bright red or blue.
#10moodyjm2Posted 5/14/2012 10:03:29 AM(edited)
CleatusTJones posted...
moodyjm2 posted...
MasterViVi2 posted...

When you invade you are either a red phantom or blue phantom, hidden body doesn't help if you are bright red or blue.

It still makes you very hard to see, invading or not, and the opponent's targeting doesn't work correctly, ala Soul Mass etc.
---
Ahoy!