Best dex weapons

#11moodyjm2Posted 5/30/2012 1:28:25 PM
HoustonBoy98 posted...
moodyjm2 posted...
I'll say it again, for the millionth time.

Quelagg's Fury Sword is the best unbuffable DEX weapon, even moreso than Chaos blade. The Curved Sword 2H is amazing and stuns, and the Fury Sword is a Chaos weapon that scales. And it's R2 have good range, unlike the other curved swords. Being a Boss weapon (literally and figuratively) you can have it fully upgraded when you get to Anor Londo.

If you don't believe me, do a search here, on PS3 board. Chaos blade is good, but any skilled PvPed can spot the weapon easily and will turtle you for high health drain.

RE: Murakumo - just because it scales with DEX doesn't mean it's a pure DEX weapon. It has very high requires. It's more of a Quality weapon.

no it isnt

most of its damage is fire based

fire defense is the highest in this game

has falchion range not that great

Physical damage is higher.
---
Ahoy!
#12HoustonBoy98Posted 5/30/2012 1:29:22 PM
moodyjm2 posted...
HoustonBoy98 posted...
moodyjm2 posted...
I'll say it again, for the millionth time.

Quelagg's Fury Sword is the best unbuffable DEX weapon, even moreso than Chaos blade. The Curved Sword 2H is amazing and stuns, and the Fury Sword is a Chaos weapon that scales. And it's R2 have good range, unlike the other curved swords. Being a Boss weapon (literally and figuratively) you can have it fully upgraded when you get to Anor Londo.

If you don't believe me, do a search here, on PS3 board. Chaos blade is good, but any skilled PvPed can spot the weapon easily and will turtle you for high health drain.

RE: Murakumo - just because it scales with DEX doesn't mean it's a pure DEX weapon. It has very high requires. It's more of a Quality weapon.

no it isnt

most of its damage is fire based

fire defense is the highest in this game

has falchion range not that great

Physical damage is higher.

Uchi +15 with 40 dex vs a furysword +5 with 40 dex

pretty damn sure that my uchi will always do more damage
---
*look skyward*
XBL - Stillnacht
#13HoustonBoy98Posted 5/30/2012 1:32:51 PM
Uchi +15 with 40 dex

Listed damage 420. Pure physical

Furysword +5 with 40 dex.

Listed damage 418

163 physical 255 fire
---
*look skyward*
XBL - Stillnacht
#14moodyjm2Posted 5/30/2012 1:35:32 PM
HoustonBoy98 posted...
Uchi +15 with 40 dex

Listed damage 420. Pure physical

Furysword +5 with 40 dex.

Listed damage 418

163 physical 255 fire

You forgot the 10 Humanity. QFS = 506 AR.
---
Ahoy!
#15yraeloPosted 5/30/2012 1:39:13 PM
I think the balder side sword is the best dex weapon. I just recently started using it instead of my iaito, and well...it's just bad f*****g ass!
#16moodyjm2Posted 5/30/2012 1:41:02 PM
yraelo posted...
I think the balder side sword is the best dex weapon. I just recently started using it instead of my iaito, and well...it's just bad f*****g ass!

I think it is too, but man is it a rare drop. Dat R2.
---
Ahoy!
#17localizedfreedoPosted 5/30/2012 1:55:08 PM
Balder Side Sword is the only one you'll ever need.
---
--- GT: StrngArmAlchmst
Make me a furnace of destruction and pain, living Hatred.
#18yraeloPosted 5/30/2012 2:19:30 PM(edited)
I got four bss swords on my character that did not use them...and I never farmed for them with that particular guy. My guy that DOES use them...took forever. Bout right huh?

Btw, yes...the RT attack is just plain nasty. Especially 2handed
#19KaeporoPosted 5/30/2012 2:22:56 PM
It would be difficult to narrow down the "best dexterity weapons". The gameplay in Dark Souls is fairly well balanced, all things considered. Having used every weapon in the game on my character (to exclude Smough's Hammer) i've found the following "dexterity weapons" to be quite effective.

- Balder Side Sword
- Uchigatana/Washing Pole/Iaito
- Rapier/Estoc

- Quelaag's Furysword
- Chaos Blade

- Ricard's Rapier (Boss killer)
- Shotel (Anti-shield)
---
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. Gamertag-Kaeporo
#20eugene1222Posted 5/30/2012 3:01:21 PM
Balder side sword
Uchigatana
Chaos blade
Iaito
Silver knight spear
Great scythe
Flamberge
Murakumo (high str requirements though, so more of a quality weapon)

Thats about the 8 best, make your pick depending on playstyle. (dunno if I missed anything worthwhile)
---
'You know what they call a quarter pounder in France? Royale with cheese' 'And what do they call a whopper?' 'I Dunno, I didnt go into burger king'