How is the Rusted Iron Ring beneficial?

#1deathmyrkPosted 6/18/2012 9:07:19 PM
Okay, I am in Blighttown. I have the Iron Rusty Ring equipped as someone recommended. What does this ring actually do?
---
XBL GT: Deathmyrk
#2Fo_lc_usPosted 6/18/2012 9:09:02 PM
The swamp at the bottom. Oh dear lord that is nasty without it.

The ring makes you move normally across bad ground. Which is basically the poison swamp and the Sen's fortress tar pit. And that's about all it's used for.
---
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.
#3deathmyrk(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2012 9:13:44 PM
If I can get to the bottom. I keep getting pwned by huge guys with gigantic clubs and break-dancing toxic cannibals that try to eat me. I know, I just need to be patient. BTW I hope you didn't mind but I sent you a friend request on Xbox Live.
---
#4doomedsunsoulPosted 6/18/2012 9:14:25 PM
It lets you move freely in stuff that normally makes you barely able to move.
#5Fo_lc_usPosted 6/18/2012 9:22:37 PM
Oh don't worry, I'm pretty sure everyone hates Upper Blighttown. Cannibals and giants? A-OK in my book! Bridges that lean when you walk on them, blowdart snipers, edges that will instakill you instead of hurting you bad.

The only thing I find useful there is Power Within and the Iaito.
---
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.
#6deathmyrk(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2012 5:49:29 AM
I went into Blighttown from the Depths, and I'm down to 1 Blooming White Moss no thanks to toxins... hmm... I better grind. Those tree-cannibal-people have a low drop-rate on Blooming White Moss... I haven't been very far into Valley of the Drakes. I entered that place at level 8 before being electrocuted by a dragon. I'm level 34 now. I might lay low a couple of hours and purchase them from the Undead Merchant Woman. Is her stock limited?
---
#7DustinhtPosted 6/19/2012 6:48:32 AM
She has infinite amounts of moss, but the blooming kind is like 1000 souls each.

For club wielding ogres, you need to hit them once or twice while they swing if you have a fast weapon, then back out and when they stagger from missing the swing, poke them a couple more times. Alternatively, 2 or 3 two-handed Claymore swings should stagger them, and if you're fast you can get them to stagger with a 3-hit combo right before they swing their club.

Blighttown is the only place so far I relented and used a guide for. It's so easy to get lost - but remember that if you can kill a blowdart sniper, he DOES NOT respawn.
---
"Kill all of the enemy units because their red color advocates communism. "
-Albin0
#8deathmyrk(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2012 7:23:18 AM
I just now realized how easy the giants before Blight Town are to kill. You just have to roll and wait until the roar. Defeating them is very easy once you get the hang of it. Dark Souls never ceases to amaze me (a good thing!).
---
#9DartDragoonPosted 6/19/2012 7:34:01 AM
Good luck coming out of Blighttown's lower level with your sanity intact if you don't have the rusted ring...Same thing with Sen's Titanite demon-infested bottom area and killing the hydra.

That ring is a godsend in the right situations
---
GT: AstroZombie29
SF4: Vega BB: Arakune MK: Sindel UMvC3: TaskM / Haggar / Trish
#10deathmyrk(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2012 7:40:25 AM
DartDragoon posted...
Good luck coming out of Blighttown's lower level with your sanity intact if you don't have the rusted ring...Same thing with Sen's Titanite demon-infested bottom area and killing the hydra.

That ring is a godsend in the right situations

I'm dreading Blighttown and everything that lurks below it... I killed the hydra in Darkroot Basin. There's another one???
---