Undead Parish dragon

#1Scottydont19Posted 8/18/2012 8:47:29 AM
I played about 8 months ago, and this happened. I would run up the tower and kill the black knight first. Then I would look down at the dragon and shoot it once with my bow and it would get pissed off and fly away, and never return. Now I could get to the bon fire.

Now that I'm playing again, I repeat those steps. This time though the dragon comes back. Any idea why he comes back now? If it makes a difference, when I played 8 months ago I didn't have internet so I never had a title update that I had to download. This time I have internet and had an update. I thought maybe that was a glitch that might have been patched. Any clues?
#2jdclanc11Posted 8/18/2012 8:51:46 AM
It was patched. New strategy is to wait behind wall on the bridge. After a minute, dragon will leap on to bridge giving you opportunity to run past. After you open the gate, it flies away permanently, so make sure to get drake sword first if you want it.
---
War. War never changes.
#3housedj69Posted 8/18/2012 9:00:43 AM
jdclanc11 posted...
It was patched. New strategy is to wait behind wall on the bridge. After a minute, dragon will leap on to bridge giving you opportunity to run past. After you open the gate, it flies away permanently, so make sure to get drake sword first if you want it.

Not permanently. Not sure what the trigger is but it definitely comes back. When I rested at the bonfire in front of the gate and left the area, the dragon swooped down to attack with fire the next time I was on the bridge.
---
XBL GT - Housedj69
#4DustinhtPosted 8/18/2012 9:08:07 AM
The dragon will come back if you come back to the area of the bridge where he(she?) swooped over the first time.
---
"Kill all of the enemy units because their red color advocates communism. "
-Albin0
#5Dtothe3Posted 8/18/2012 9:22:22 AM
If you're using a bow;

1. Run up the steps and get into the little alcove on the right before the flame blast gets you.

2. Line up a bow shot whilst backed as far away from the dragon as you can, whilst still in the alcove.

3. Fire. Immediately drop out of fine aim and equip shield. Do this whilst running to the bonfire, keeping close to the right hand wall. Don't stop for items unless you're ok with being cooked.
---
I used to be capable of having children. Then I took an arrow in the knee... Xbox tag - Dtothe3