How do i use magic? Just got power within, went to attune magic and...

#1burdi1arPosted 9/13/2012 8:23:13 PM
i think i selected it but the top box where its been selected seems dimmed out. also, i have sorcerers catalyst staff and it said the only thing i needed to upgrade was intelligence to 10. i did that and i still cant use the staff. sorry, so far i havent used any magic so im completely clueless on this stuff.
---
"Good night, I'll see you in your dreams, I'll be the clown holding a knife standing over your bed"- Stephen Colbert
#2SlashBeerPosted 9/13/2012 8:29:51 PM
You'll need a pyromancy flame to use Power Within.
#3DustinhtPosted 9/13/2012 8:29:59 PM
First off, Power Within is a pyromancy. You'll need a pyromancy glove.

Second, check your Attunement. Attunement relates to how many magic slots you have. To Attune a magic, you need Attunement Slots. At 10 Attunement is your first slot.

10 Att = 1 slot, 12 Att = 2 slots, so on and on though the amount of points for the next slot needed gradually increases.

So, you have an attunement slot, you attune Power Within. Then you equip the Pyromancy Glove, check that Power Within is selected in the top part of the dpad equip menu thing, and "attack" with the glove.
---
"Kill all of the enemy units because their red color advocates communism. "
-Albin0
#4RPGNinja123Posted 9/13/2012 8:30:30 PM
You need a pyromancy glove, that is not a sorcery spell. Also you never need ANY intelligence to use a pyromancy spell, the Intelligence for the glove is just when you melee something which is totally worthless so you wasted points.
---
Obama : EPIC FAIL - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fZgQhnNRSuw
#5kog3100_edwPosted 9/13/2012 8:31:35 PM
You need to equip Pyromancy Flame (usually in shield/left hand) to use Pyro powers like Power Within.

For other types of Magic you need to equip a Catalyst for Sorcery OR a Talisman for Miracles.
#6xXBladeWolfXxPosted 9/14/2012 8:12:24 AM
Just make sure if you're using Power Within to use it with a basic pyromancy glove (don't enhance it). Reason being, upgrading the glove will cause the spell to drain a lot more of your health, but not increase your damage boost.
---
"Wow, it went from a fairly innocent topic to bestiality in less than ten posts. That must be a record." ~Incendius
#7kingnahum17Posted 9/14/2012 1:47:22 PM(edited)
Not sure if the above answer helps this guy, but it helps me. : )

How do you use magic sword and magic shield though? Is there any way to upgrade the fire throwing distance?

Also how many attunement points do you need for 3 slots? I think I have 13 right now and 2 slots.
---
"Yeah life sucks. Get over it. I hate wusses."
Need gaming help? Go here: http://www.youtube.com/kingnahum17
#8DustinhtPosted 9/14/2012 1:51:50 PM
kingnahum17 posted...
Not sure if the above answer helps this guy, but it helps me. : )

How do you use magic sword and magic shield though? Is there any way to upgrade the fire throwing distance?

Also how many attunement points do you need for 3 slots? I think I have 13 right now and 2 slots.

Magic Weapon: Equip Catalyst in left hand, have a NORMAL weapon (not say a black knight sword, drake sword, boss weapon, that sort of thing) in right hand, cast Magic Weapon.

I don't use magic shield so IDK about that one.

10 att = 1 slot, 12 att = 2 slots, 14 att = 3 slots, 16 att = 4 slots, 19 att = 5 slots, 23 att = 6 slots IDK past that.
---
-Albin0
#9LodissPosted 9/14/2012 4:59:33 PM
Magic shield is garbage don't bother with it.

If you want to cast something with longer range than pyromancy, go down to New Londo Ruins, down the stairs from the bonfire at Firelink Shrine. Look for Rickert of Vinheim, he sells Soul Spear and Heavy Soul Spear, which use the sorcerer's catalyst and scale with your intelligence.

They are great pve spells, sorcery really makes the pve game easy.
---
You were indicted.
#10DustinhtPosted 9/14/2012 9:11:14 PM
Lodiss posted...
Magic shield is garbage don't bother with it.

If you want to cast something with longer range than pyromancy, go down to New Londo Ruins, down the stairs from the bonfire at Firelink Shrine. Look for Rickert of Vinheim, he sells Soul Spear and Heavy Soul Spear, which use the sorcerer's catalyst and scale with your intelligence.

They are great pve spells, sorcery really makes the pve game easy.

Uh, no, you're really wrong... He sells Soul Arrow and Heavy Soul Arrow.
---
-Albin0