Just beat orenstein, and smaugh, now what?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Just beat orenstein, and smaugh, now what?
4 years ago#1
Great board here, can you answer a question: which 4 bosses need to be killed, and what is the recommended order?

Thanks!
4 years ago#2
also i hear there is another area like firelink "new londo" where you can buy stuff. do i have to beat the boss there to unlock it or something?
4 years ago#3
In no particular order;
Gravelord Nito (Catacombs -> Tomb of the Giants)
Seathe the Scaleless (Anor Londo -> Dukes Archives)
Bed of Chaos(Demon Ruins -> Lost City of Izalith)
Four Kings(New Londo Ruins)

In my opinion, the difficulty of each of these areas go like this:
New Londo, Demon Ruins, Duke's Archives and then Catacombs.

You're free to do whichever in any order you so wish, good luck!
4 years ago#4
Oh and New Londo is pretty baron except for a blacksmith and a red robed mage who can heal a curse. It's connected to Firelink, it's a downward path located right by the guy you first met when you arrived in Lordran.(shiny blue armor)
4 years ago#5
Thanks.

So where did the cleric vendor go? is there another hub area?

The difficulty you posted- is that from hard to easy?
4 years ago#6
There are a few vendors/NPCs you'll meet throughout the game, but Firelink is where they'll usually end up going spare for a couple of them. But in terms of a hub, there's just one.

I listed them from "easiest" to hardest based on my experiences. Although for a first playthrough you'd probably wanted to start off with either Demon Ruins or Duke's Archives.
Also in New Londo you're unable to hit the ghosts without
1) A cursed weapon
or
2) A transient cure(they last for a good amount of time, so I recommend just popping one of these)
4 years ago#7
As for the Cleric vendor, he'll be back. If you missed the story- him and his companions went on a trek into the Catacombs, but he'll be separated from them and return.
4 years ago#8
Honestly they all can be pretty hard if you're not prepared.

Do not read below if you want to experience True Dark Souls without helpful hints.

*HINTS*

- For Duke's I highly suggest a Fire/Lightning Weapon and a high Magic resistant shield. The Golems outside are nearly immune to Magic.

- If you do not have access to Light sorcery, I highly suggest completing Lost Izalith before Tomb of Giants to get the Sunlight Maggot.

- Four Kings are extremely hard at a low level. As the other poster said, this is best tackled last unless you are itchin' to become a Darkwraith. Poise up, use elemental attacks, and make sure to have good Magic Resistance.

-Catacombs can be very difficult if you don't have a Divine weapon. You can take the Occult Club obtained from the Mimic in Anor Londo and descend it to Divine +5 and use that. You can also just focus on the Necromancers but I find it easier to have a Divine weapon just in case.

- I also suggest completing Catacombs (not necessarily ToG) as early as possible to get Rite of Kindling which makes the game MUCH easier (if you are looking for that).

Good luck!
GT: DragonSoundxSG
"Say goodnight Manuel."
4 years ago#9
thanks a lot. What does the rite of kindling do?

I just beat the centipede demon but i cant open the door to lost izalith. do i need a key?

EDIT: nevermind there was a door thing in there but thats not the way
4 years ago#10
durban11 posted...
Great board here, can you answer a question: which 4 bosses need to be killed, and what is the recommended order?

Thanks!

Which one of the two did you kill second? You can buy their armor now from Dormhall.
"I roll through the block invincible like I got a star in Mario Kart."
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Just beat orenstein, and smaugh, now what?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived