Attunement?

#1Nyde21Posted 10/3/2012 9:34:43 AM
New to game. What is attunement? How does it differ from faith and intelligence? I'm a pyro, how does this help me? How do I use it?
#2Fo_lc_usPosted 10/3/2012 9:38:14 AM
Attunement is a stat in Dark Souls.

This stat is most important for deciding how many Attunement Slots you'll have, which in turn allows players to equip and use more types of magic at once. It is also possible to increase Attunement Slots through equipping certain rings. If you're comfortable using only a few spells at once, and don't mind switching one spell out for another when the need arises, then you won't actually need to put many points into Attunement.

Most spells require only one attunement slot. Some, however, require two. All Chaos pyromancies, Sunlight Spear, Bountiful Sunlight and Soothing Sunlight are all examples of this.

The following is a table of how many attunement slots are granted for each level of Attunement.

Attunement/Slots
0-9 0
10-11 1
12-13 2
14-15 3
16-18 4
19-22 5
23-27 6
28-33 7
34-40 8
41-49 9
50-99 10

As the number of slots does not increase after Attunement level 50, putting any more points into it would be an absolute waste, unless for completionist purposes.

Additional slots can be attained from:

Darkmoon Seance Ring

White Seance Ring

The maximum possible attunement slots is 12.
---
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.
#3RPGNinja123Posted 10/3/2012 9:39:15 AM
Nyde21 posted...
New to game. What is attunement? How does it differ from faith and intelligence? I'm a pyro, how does this help me? How do I use it?

You are not that new anymore you have made alot of topics... Anyway the more attunement you have the more slots you have to attune your magic too. For a pyromancer this means you can cast more pyro spells provided you have them. You just attune your magic at a bonfire if you want to fill out the slots there will be a choice for it. The higher you raise your attunement the more slots you get.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Stats#Attunement

And read the sticky at the top of the board already it would have answered alot of your questions beforehand.
---
"I roll through the block invincible like I got a star in Mario Kart."
#4Nyde21(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 9:36:21 AM
RPGNinja123 posted...
Nyde21 posted...

You are not that new anymore you have made alot of topics... Anyway the more attunement you have the more slots you have to attune your magic too. For a pyromancer this means you can cast more pyro spells provided you have them. You just attune your magic at a bonfire if you want to fill out the slots there will be a choice for it. The higher you raise your attunement the more slots you get.

And read the sticky at the top of the board already it would have answered alot of your questions beforehand.

My pyromancer is able to throw fire. Everytime I go to the fire, I only see one attunement slot, not two. Why?
#5Fo_lc_usPosted 10/4/2012 11:30:13 AM
Nyde21 posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...
Nyde21 posted...

My pyromancer is able to throw fire. Everytime I go to the fire, I only see one attunement slot, not two. Why?

Go to the fire?

Each spell is separate. If you have a fireball spell, that's one spell slot. If you buy a new fireball spell, you can have 2 sets of fireballs.

You can't attune 2 slots of the same spell if you only have one copy.
---
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.
#6LodissPosted 10/4/2012 2:11:25 PM
I recommend 16 att.

You shouldn't need more than four slots worth of spells between bonfires, any more than that is a waste of soul levels IMO, especially for pvp builds.
---
You were indicted.
#7Nyde21(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 3:03:28 PM
Fo_lc_us posted...
Nyde21 posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...
Nyde21 posted...

Go to the fire?

Each spell is separate. If you have a fireball spell, that's one spell slot. If you buy a new fireball spell, you can have 2 sets of fireballs.

You can't attune 2 slots of the same spell if you only have one copy.

I meant to say bonfire. Sorry. lol
#8Nyde21(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 3:04:27 PM
Lodiss posted...
I recommend 16 att.

You shouldn't need more than four slots worth of spells between bonfires, any more than that is a waste of soul levels IMO, especially for pvp builds.

So what is the difference between attunements, faith and intelligence?
#9RPGNinja123Posted 10/4/2012 3:08:47 PM
Nyde21 posted...
Lodiss posted...
I recommend 16 att.

So what is the difference between attunements, faith and intelligence?

Look for yourself

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Stats

attunement is just giving you more slots for spells THAT is it.

Faith is for miracles and Intelligence is for sorcery.

Faith also scales with divine weapons and intelligence scales with Magic weapons.
---
"I roll through the block invincible like I got a star in Mario Kart."