lightest 53 poise armor combo

#1finalpope420Posted 10/14/2012 9:19:28 AM
I recently started making builds that don't rely on the DWGR, but still manage to stay under 25% equip burden and achieve atleast 31 poise (preferably 53 poise).
I'm stumped at how I can get this to work so I'm hoping the community can help me out.

For example say ill level END 40-50, i'd prefer not to use the wolf ring, but would use RoFAP (like to have at least 1 open ring slot) and the total weight of my weapons and shield is 12.5 (iato, great scythe, heater shield and pyromancy flame).
I am willing to swap heater shield for parrying dagger and iato for ricards rapier (I think that then makes it a total of 8).

Looks Arnt too important though I'd like to look somewhat decent if possible. Any help will be appreciated
---
If you don't stand for something, You'll fall for anything
#2Dex_PyromaniacPosted 10/14/2012 9:37:40 AM
Lightest armor for 53 poise is 21 units in weight (havels armor+hollow soilder waistcloth) so you either drop the useless s*** you have (heater shield, great scythe) and if you MUST use a shield replace with a lighter one (eg: small leather shield, its not like you wanna block with shields anyways, dont use parry dagger because people will KNOW whats coming) as for ricards to iaito, dont, just drop great scythe since its a somewhat useless weapon vs good players, and noobs can be beaten in other methods anyways.

http://tinyurl.com/8p2muvv

Something like this is just fine.
---
GT - Dex Pyromaniac
#3nmbuserPosted 10/14/2012 9:46:10 AM(edited)
If you're really legit the dark hand is good enough for a shield. Most people don't think of saving ~2.5 weight units by using that.

Don't forget that even with the upcoming nerd, mask of the father is still very useful.
You also have access to havels ring
and the wolf ring.

Also, the new DLC nerfs the stunlock of greatswords, which is the main weapon people needed 53 poise for.
---
Gamertag: NUM83R54R3C00L (those are zero's)
#4I_Dont_AgreePosted 10/14/2012 9:50:48 AM
You could also go for the Large Leather Shield or Wooden Shield, they both have decent physical resistance and OK stability.

For poise I've recently used Dark gauntlets and boots + Wolf Ring + some light armor, which reaches 58 poise for relatively light weight (for my setup).
---
''It's hot as hell in here.'' ''You see it too? For me, it's always like this.''
James, Angela- Silent Hill 2
#5Dex_PyromaniacPosted 10/14/2012 9:51:10 AM
nmbuser posted...
If you're really legit the dark hand is good enough for a shield. Most people don't think of saving ~2.5 weight units by using that.

Dark hand is bad because you cant use the most useful action on shields (setup parries) since you get pushed back even by the smallest of hits (rapier poke lol)

It does have good overall resistances though, but blocking in general is useless

Don't forget that even with the upcoming nerd, mask of the father is still very useful.
You also have access to havels ring
and the wolf ring.

No wtf mask of the father now is useless, in fact its harmful for most builds. Just try and play around with it in mugenmonkey and you will see

Also, the new DLC nerfs the stunlock of greatswords, which is the main weapon people needed 53 poise for.

53 poise is still nice, if it was the 2hr1 mash giving you trouble then you shouldnt be bothering with making builds anyways, you should be learning how to play. Claymore still has a 3 hit combo for example, and so on, but imo 31 poise is more than enough now. FYI it was ONLY 2hr1 mash which was nerfed with the dlc (37 poise might be nice though for stopping 1hr1 mash, iron legs+havel gloves gives exactly that much)
---
GT - Dex Pyromaniac
#6finalpope420(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2012 10:23:48 AM(edited)
I'm by far not an idiot at this game just wanted some helpfull advice.
The reason I say 53 is because its between 31 and 77 poise.

I'll gladly give a lighter shield a try since I'm only using it for parrying and as for the scythe its saved my ass against spear uses, sorcery spammers, etc. Like I said these r just ideas not set in stone plans.
---
#7finalpope420(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2012 10:29:34 AM
And I'm fine with running 31 poise since I dodge and parry rather then blocking.

So what would be something good for parrying and light weight I could place in my left hand?

As for the 2h r1 mashers they don't give me trouble since its not to difficult to toggle out of a stun lock.

Suggesting I shouldn't make builds or I need to learn how to play is simply rude and not helpfull, so please keep this topic about helping and not bashing
---
#8nmbuserPosted 10/14/2012 10:31:16 AM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...

Dark hand is bad because you cant use the most useful action on shields (setup parries) since you get pushed back even by the smallest of hits (rapier poke lol)

You can probably still partial parry into a setup parry

No wtf mask of the father now is useless, in fact its harmful for most builds. Just try and play around with it in mugenmonkey and you will see

If you use both havels ring and ring of favor it is far from useless (unless you plan on wearing the mask of mother or the crown of dusk)

53 poise is still nice, if it was the 2hr1 mash giving you trouble then you shouldnt be bothering with making builds anyways, you should be learning how to play.

I know how to play, thank you. My personal skill has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the main reason people use the 53 poise breakpoint is for greatsword stunlock, which is getting nerfed.
---
Gamertag: NUM83R54R3C00L (those are zero's)
#9Dex_PyromaniacPosted 10/14/2012 10:31:42 AM
finalpope420 posted...

Suggesting I shouldn't make builds or I need to learn how to play is simply rude and not helpfull, so please keep this topic about helping and not bashing

I never said those to you, that was a generalization. Maybe you need some reading comprehension classes! (you see? now THAT was rude towards you :P jk)

As for light stuff for parries, small leather shield is always nice (weighs only half units)
---
GT - Dex Pyromaniac
#10finalpope420(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2012 10:37:55 AM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
finalpope420 posted...

I never said those to you, that was a generalization. Maybe you need some reading comprehension classes! (you see? now THAT was rude towards you :P jk)

As for light stuff for parries, small leather shield is always nice (weighs only half units)

Then I do apologize, I just don't like it when others down others. I must of missread do to me being still half ass asleep.

I'll give that shield a try though for sure, my main concern though is armor.

Let's just say what would b the lightest set ups to reach 31 poise then, like I said i can use the RoFAP, but want at least 1 open ring slot
---