Strength and dex

#1DardannyPosted 11/6/2012 12:03:11 PM
I'm working on my first playthrough with a dex build. But, I'm noticing with nothing invested to str I seem to just be running around wielding all the decent weapons with 2 hands when I'd actually like to have my shield out too.

My question, am I missing something? Should I be able to find a decent weapon with only dex without having to hit an enemy 5 times before dropping them? I feel like investing dex, vit, endurance, and str, is kind of awaste when I could be spending all the points in dex, vit, and endurance.

Advice?
#2NBExoPosted 11/6/2012 12:15:08 PM
Usually dex weapons dont deal much damage early game when they are not upgraded
---
GT NightBladeExo
#3RPGNinja123Posted 11/6/2012 12:15:35 PM
First figure out what class of weapons you would like using and then people will tell you some more advice. It sounds like you want to one hand a few more weapons since you are going for a Dex build.
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest 8, Ultimate DOOM, Strife, HeXeN, Heretic, Strife (Yep I am replaying the the old DOS shooters)
#4NBExoPosted 11/6/2012 12:19:20 PM
oh and you should really meet the str requirements on weapons the most a dex build really needs in the str department is 14 maybe 16
---
GT NightBladeExo
#5Dardanny(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 2:15:53 PM
Weapons easily attainable for my level. ie. Drake sword and the crystal sword you get from the dude in the depths. Both of which are 16 str req. I understand I'm only like 4 levels away from the req but that's another 8 stam or like 40 vit I could have. Should I just man up and wait for better dex weps?

Also I'm SL32 in blighttown. I'm cursed due to those stupid ass frog thingsin the depths. I managed to get all the way through and kill the boss onlyto be cursed right before blight town.. damn..
#6DrunkenJinPosted 11/6/2012 2:35:08 PM
Dardanny posted...
Weapons easily attainable for my level. ie. Drake sword and the crystal sword you get from the dude in the depths. Both of which are 16 str req. I understand I'm only like 4 levels away from the req but that's another 8 stam or like 40 vit I could have. Should I just man up and wait for better dex weps?

Also I'm SL32 in blighttown. I'm cursed due to those stupid ass frog thingsin the depths. I managed to get all the way through and kill the boss onlyto be cursed right before blight town.. damn..

You can buy a curse removal stone thingy from the female undead merchant in the depths.
---
XLB: CodyBlues. FC 8054-4057-7024-3905 Animal crossing FC 0603-5159-4579
First person to get it- Azrahai
#7EdgeofLethePosted 11/6/2012 2:41:38 PM
Farm undead parish for a Baldur Side Sword, or - if you're feeling sinister - kill the undead merchant and take his Uchi.

You're also pretty close to Blighttown, and once you're there you can pick up the Iaito and Q's fury sword.

DEX takes a while to get there, but once it does you'll be slicing and dicing quickly enough.
---
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
#8Dardanny(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 4:45:11 PM
I actually got a baldir side sword. I should just go upgrade it all the way huh? Alright well, I'm actually looking to get into pvp at SL 100. Any further tips?
#9EdgeofLethePosted 11/6/2012 5:19:02 PM
Dardanny posted...
I actually got a baldir side sword. I should just go upgrade it all the way huh? Alright well, I'm actually looking to get into pvp at SL 100. Any further tips?

Learn to dodge. Related: don't rely on blocking. Parrying is fine, but fish for them and you'll get punished by experienced PvPers. +15 with buffs is probably going to give you the best AR.

Keep at it!
---
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
#10Dex_PyromaniacPosted 11/6/2012 5:30:33 PM
Dardanny posted...

Learn how to backstab, and how to avoid backstabs. That will save both you, and your opponents a lot of trouble and headaches. (mostly you though, as you wont be victim to getting bsd to death all the time by good players and can put up a fight, and them too since they wont have to listen to you whine about 'LAG BROKEN S***' and so on :P)

IF you wanna buff, go with either pine resins or great magic weapon. The reason behind it is more psychological than anything - if your opponent sees a buff which doubles your damage, they sure as hell wont be getting hit if they are good. Likewise, if you know you have a limited time in which you have doubled dmg output, you wont want it to go to waste, and you will play waaay more aggresively than you should. That said if you have a buff which only adds 40-100ish damage to your hits (depending on their armor of course) then they wont play as defensively, and you wont play so aggresively either.

Best builds for sl100 are either elemental vit gouge hornet ring+dwgr builds or pure dex/pyro builds (with rofap+dwgr). IMO, BS damage is what matters most, and second to that is moveset (which is of course not to say you should always go for as high bs damage as possible at the cost of moveset! silver knight spear for example is one of the best weapons due to its great moveset, and NOT due to its bs damage :D) so keep these in mind.

Due to what I said before, a good setup would be to have an elemental rapier in your second weapon slot, and the demons spear in your main hand. For dex/pyro, same goes with normal rapier and silver knight spear.

Uhhh... I dunno what else to say.

Oh yea, watch these vids:

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhantomEWGF

And have fun! :D
---
GT - Dex Pyromaniac
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff