This game is great for someone like me who sucks at fighting/action games.

#1RPGNinja123Posted 11/30/2012 2:57:50 AM
The number one reason I was never better at action or fighting games is because if you had to use combos or multiple moves, they would be so hard for me to remember in the heat of battle when everything is so hectic.

Besides the fact that Dark Souls is slower paced even in the heat of battle, you can still look like a genius with some elegant combos in this game and you will remember every one of them because they don't requires 8 button inputs before it finally comes off. Just another reason I love it.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), Bayonetta
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Metal Gear Solid HD collection
#2anand_ak89Posted 11/30/2012 3:04:24 AM
I could beat people at fighting games and racing games easily. Action games i don't get ganked in.

In DS i can't beat people easily and those i probably could are all gankers.
#3J28ShammgodPosted 11/30/2012 3:08:15 AM
RPGNinja123 posted...
The number one reason I was never better at action or fighting games is because if you had to use combos or multiple moves, they would be so hard for me to remember in the heat of battle when everything is so hectic.

Besides the fact that Dark Souls is slower paced even in the heat of battle, you can still look like a genius with some elegant combos in this game and you will remember every one of them because they don't requires 8 button inputs before it finally comes off. Just another reason I love it.

I've been thinking about all the reasons I love it and this is one of them too. I suck at games like DMC or Ninja Gaiden. I also love it for the atmosphere. It's minimalism done correctly in a video game. Other than a few minor things, this game is air tight. I'm well into 500+ hours.
#4anand_ak89Posted 11/30/2012 3:14:48 AM
golden rule on dmc3: buy the stinger after very first area. if you can't go back and do the area again till you get enough souls to buy it.
#5RPGNinja123(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 3:37:05 AM
I get okay at games like Ninja Gaiden Black and DMC eventually just through sheer will and having to study the combos like an exam and eventually it gets beaten into me, but it is clear there are different types of people for video games.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), Bayonetta
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Metal Gear Solid HD collection
#6Art Of DrowningPosted 11/30/2012 3:38:18 AM
i agree. I also love fighting games and am quite fond of action games. The PvP aspect of Dark Souls shares a lot of fundamentals with the fighting game genre.
-Mind games
-Match ups
-Builds/Character familiarity
-Tactics
-Combos
-Adaptability
---
"A storm is brewing here right by my side
I've tried all sorts of disguises"
#7giantsirslayerPosted 11/30/2012 6:12:38 AM
Dark souls goes in my number two slot of favorite games just Behind star wars kotr, which I have both copies of the star wars games but I would put DS as one but the first star wars RPG I will always be in aww of it, my son n I will play all sorts of games together n he wants to play DS but he is too young for it....my brother still plays all the fighting games aswell as my wife wich I'm not play with her cause I get pissed when she runs a combo on me n kills me. I love RPG for the slow rolling you take thru rpgs.
---
Old man still playing, loving every minute of it. Xbl gt giantsir slayer
#8I_Dont_AgreePosted 11/30/2012 6:35:59 AM
That's why I can't get into any fighting game (besides a select few). I have a hard time wrapping my head around the specific timing of every combo, it's as if I'm supposed to memorize every combo of every character and supposed to use every advanced technique to counter them somehow.

Good example for me is Soul Caliber IV. No matter how hard I tried, I was never any good because the superfluous amount of inputs for every character was too much. Add in stuff like high and low block/ parry and whatever else, and it's a miracle that I won any matches beyond novice...

Dark Souls keeps it simple yet deep, and I like that.
---
''What's a Socrates? Is that, like, a really smart person or something?'' - A fellow Philosophy classmate
#9Art Of DrowningPosted 11/30/2012 6:43:22 AM
I_Dont_Agree posted...
That's why I can't get into any fighting game (besides a select few). I have a hard time wrapping my head around the specific timing of every combo, it's as if I'm supposed to memorize every combo of every character and supposed to use every advanced technique to counter them somehow.

Good example for me is Soul Caliber IV. No matter how hard I tried, I was never any good because the superfluous amount of inputs for every character was too much. Add in stuff like high and low block/ parry and whatever else, and it's a miracle that I won any matches beyond novice...

I struggle with SC series a lot. I probably far more than many other fighting games. The range and strict timing as well as juggles was kind of annoying. It often felt like once you connect with a certain move you can just keep following up with an route of attack that is almost impossible to get out of.

Currently, my preferred fighters are KoF13 for 2D and DOA5 for 3D.
---
"A storm is brewing here right by my side
I've tried all sorts of disguises"
#10TheDarkone21Posted 11/30/2012 8:08:33 AM
Art Of Drowning posted...
I_Dont_Agree posted...

I struggle with SC series a lot. I probably far more than many other fighting games. The range and strict timing as well as juggles was kind of annoying. It often felt like once you connect with a certain move you can just keep following up with an route of attack that is almost impossible to get out of.

Currently, my preferred fighters are KoF13 for 2D and DOA5 for 3D.

Why are you guys insulting my favorite 3D fighter? Soul Calibur is easy! Although,SCV kind of dumbed it down a lot and got rid of my favorite characters.

But for the most part, fighting games are simple. You don't have to memorize long combos, just practice then enough and muscle memory takes over. That's how the pros do those ridiculous strings in Marvel and others like it. Don't let all those big combo numbers scare you. :p
---
http://www.gifsoup.com/view4/2191630/real-men-o.gif
GT: IwuzPh34rless