Build suggestions

#1KaBoom1322Posted 11/30/2012 4:20:46 AM
Hi

I have played through dark souls a few times and played through some of ng+.
Im thinking about putting a lot of hours into a new character but i can't decide what build to play as.

If anyone has any suggestions for any good builds or weapons to use please post.

Thanks.
#2anand_ak89Posted 11/30/2012 4:22:13 AM
would be useful if you told us what you already have so we know what to suggest. PvP or PvE? etc etc....
#3KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 4:31:53 AM
anand_ak89 posted...
would be useful if you told us what you already have so we know what to suggest. PvP or PvE? etc etc....

I'm planning on playing PvE

i would really plan on using a strength build with dark wood grain ring and maybe a buff.
#4Art Of DrowningPosted 11/30/2012 4:55:19 AM
http://mmdks.com/cu4

The idea is to have very limited sorcery, a less common main weapon that you can buff and you Velka's allows you to deal quick damage as well as parry. Your sorceries will be very strong but you will not have many uses so you must decide when and where if at all you want to use them. You're virtually naked, so don't get hit. :D Flip away.
---
"A storm is brewing here right by my side
I've tried all sorts of disguises"
#5anand_ak89Posted 11/30/2012 4:55:48 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...
anand_ak89 posted...

i would really plan on using a strength build with dark wood grain ring and maybe a buff.

I meant what builds have you already played with?

For str, man-serpent great sword+15 is a good choice. BK axe use to be awesome but i hear they nerfed it (i will need someone to confirm to what extent?). Large club and great clubs are pretty good too.

buff isn't is the best path for a str build as your weapons will be hard hitting slow weapons. with a buff build you generally looking to get as many hits as possible, so fast weapons i.e. dex weapons.
#6KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 5:06:36 AM
anand_ak89 posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...
anand_ak89 posted...

I meant what builds have you already played with?

For str, man-serpent great sword+15 is a good choice. BK axe use to be awesome but i hear they nerfed it (i will need someone to confirm to what extent?). Large club and great clubs are pretty good too.

buff isn't is the best path for a str build as your weapons will be hard hitting slow weapons. with a buff build you generally looking to get as many hits as possible, so fast weapons i.e. dex weapons.

I've played a few dex builds most recently with balder side sword, power within and CMW buffs.

i like the idea of having a weapon that does massive damage in a couple of hits.I tried the great club is really strong but R2 attack is really slow.
#7anand_ak89Posted 11/30/2012 5:08:09 AM
Art Of Drowning posted...

The idea is to have very limited sorcery, a less common main weapon that you can buff and you Velka's allows you to deal quick damage as well as parry. Your sorceries will be very strong but you will not have many uses so you must decide when and where if at all you want to use them. You're virtually naked, so don't get hit. :D Flip away.

wouldnt it be better to swap a sorcery for dark beads or swap both spear and soul mass for pursuers? just a thought.....
#8Art Of DrowningPosted 11/30/2012 5:27:18 AM(edited)
anand_ak89 posted...
Art Of Drowning posted...

wouldnt it be better to swap a sorcery for dark beads or swap both spear and soul mass for pursuers? just a thought.....

I can't really think of any situation where HCSM is inferior to Pursuers in PvE. We have plenty of physical damage from the MSGS/Velka, so a sorcery dealing physical is not really needed, further more Pursuers needs 2 slots, this build only has limited slots. Dark Bead on the other hand, sure, it will tear bosses a new rear end and is arguably the safest sorcery given its speed. I actually considered using Soul Arrow, I figure it would be "strong enough" for most things in PvE while having a few more casts. Then again, I assume that he will be using these sorceries before he hits this final build any way so that point was moot.
I do like Dark Beads though. I'll leave the choice up to TC, I kind of just coughed this build up based on what the TC suggested and thought this sounds kind of interesting.
I also considered dex path with Murakumo, but the 28 str was a hassle.
---
#9giantsirslayerPosted 11/30/2012 5:25:09 AM
Here is my strength build
Vit 20 art 12 end 40 str 60 dex 21 rest is a few points here n there, most ppl say after 50 in anything u get a major drawbacks but some weapons like smough hammer is pretty beast at 60 I use it with power within for like 1000 to 1500 damage sometimes lol
---
Old man still playing, loving every minute of it. Xbl gt giantsir slayer
#10Art Of DrowningPosted 11/30/2012 5:29:24 AM
giantsirslayer posted...
Here is my strength build
Vit 20 art 12 end 40 str 60 dex 21 rest is a few points here n there, most ppl say after 50 in anything u get a major drawbacks but some weapons like smough hammer is pretty beast at 60 I use it with power within for like 1000 to 1500 damage sometimes lol

I've fought someone using Smough's hammer in PvP. It is both hilarious and intimidating at the same time. On our 5th match, he finally caught me with it.
I would love to see a backstab and riposte from that thing. Lol.
---