Build suggestions

#11KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 4:32:24 AM
Art Of Drowning posted...
giantsirslayer posted...
Here is my strength build
Vit 20 art 12 end 40 str 60 dex 21 rest is a few points here n there, most ppl say after 50 in anything u get a major drawbacks but some weapons like smough hammer is pretty beast at 60 I use it with power within for like 1000 to 1500 damage sometimes lol

I've fought someone using Smough's hammer in PvP. It is both hilarious and intimidating at the same time. On our 5th match, he finally caught me with it.
I would love to see a backstab and riposte from that thing. Lol.

Looked up MS Greatsword moveset look pretty good.

Might add one more attunement for power within.
#12anand_ak89Posted 11/30/2012 4:36:42 AM
anand_ak89 posted...
http://mmdks.com/cu4

The idea is to have very limited sorcery, a less common main weapon that you can buff and you Velka's allows you to deal quick damage as well as parry. Your sorceries will be very strong but you will not have many uses so you must decide when and where if at all you want to use them. You're virtually naked, so don't get hit. :D Flip away.

wouldnt it be better to swap a sorcery for dark beads or swap both spear and soul mass for pursuers? just a thought.....

I can't really think of any situation where HCSM is inferior to Pursuers in PvE. We have plenty of physical damage from the MSGS/Velka, so a sorcery dealing physical is not really needed, further more Pursuers needs 2 slots, this build only has limited slots. Dark Bead on the other hand, sure, it will tear bosses a new rear end and is arguably the safest sorcery given its speed. I actually considered using Soul Arrow, I figure it would be "strong enough" for most things in PvE while having a few more casts. Then again, I assume that he will be using these sorceries before he hits this final build any way so that point was moot.
I do like Dark Beads though. I'll leave the choice up to TC, I kind of just coughed this build up based on what the TC suggested and thought this sounds kind of interesting.
I also considered dex path with Murakumo, but the 28 str was a hassle.

Yes I understand i was thinking in PvP terms there. In PvE HCSM owns enemies easily but PvP, it far too easy to dodge.

Murakumo is good, this the build I have:
http://mmdks.com/cud

Its my jack of all trades build. I can also use weapons like claymore, clubs etc and get most out them by two-handing as that will give me 40 str. On the other hand i can use dex scaling weapons and bows get a lot out of that and use buffs. I can also use DSS pretty well, I know its not the best spear but it look awesome.
#13KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 4:52:44 AM
anand_ak89 posted...
anand_ak89 posted...
http://mmdks.com/cu4

The idea is to have very limited sorcery, a less common main weapon that you can buff and you Velka's allows you to deal quick damage as well as parry. Your sorceries will be very strong but you will not have many uses so you must decide when and where if at all you want to use them. You're virtually naked, so don't get hit. :D Flip away.

wouldnt it be better to swap a sorcery for dark beads or swap both spear and soul mass for pursuers? just a thought.....

I can't really think of any situation where HCSM is inferior to Pursuers in PvE. We have plenty of physical damage from the MSGS/Velka, so a sorcery dealing physical is not really needed, further more Pursuers needs 2 slots, this build only has limited slots. Dark Bead on the other hand, sure, it will tear bosses a new rear end and is arguably the safest sorcery given its speed. I actually considered using Soul Arrow, I figure it would be "strong enough" for most things in PvE while having a few more casts. Then again, I assume that he will be using these sorceries before he hits this final build any way so that point was moot.
I do like Dark Beads though. I'll leave the choice up to TC, I kind of just coughed this build up based on what the TC suggested and thought this sounds kind of interesting.
I also considered dex path with Murakumo, but the 28 str was a hassle.

Yes I understand i was thinking in PvP terms there. In PvE HCSM owns enemies easily but PvP, it far too easy to dodge.

Its my jack of all trades build. I can also use weapons like claymore, clubs etc and get most out them by two-handing as that will give me 40 str. On the other hand i can use dex scaling weapons and bows get a lot out of that and use buffs. I can also use DSS pretty well, I know its not the best spear but it look awesome.

I played with DSS alot i personally think it is epic nothing beats poking an enemy to death while your not getting damaged because of the spears godly reach godly reach
#14Art Of DrowningPosted 11/30/2012 4:54:19 AM(edited)
anand_ak89 posted...

I think personal preference is more important than what is generally considered best any way. The DSS does look amazing, it is absurdly long and hits nice and hard. My personal favourite spear overall is actually the Partizan which is quite low on the list in which is considered the best spear. The Partizan just feels so comfortable in my hands despite its obvious short comings. :D

That is a very nice build. I'm tempted to try it as I've never had a dex build that could use the Murakumo (at least not in a single hand) with Miracle buffs.

I'm very tempted to make a build that uses the Abyss GS as well. I love its battle worn looks and its 2H R2 somersault is hilarious. Doubt its any good in PvP yet I've not really heard anything about it, just mostly the OGS with buffs.
---
"A storm is brewing here right by my side
I've tried all sorts of disguises"
#15giantsirslayerPosted 11/30/2012 5:02:27 AM
giantsirslayer posted...
Here is my strength build
Vit 20 art 12 end 40 str 60 dex 21 rest is a few points here n there, most ppl say after 50 in anything u get a major drawbacks but some weapons like smough hammer is pretty beast at 60 I use it with power within for like 1000 to 1500 damage sometimes lol

I've fought someone using Smough's hammer in PvP. It is both hilarious and intimidating at the same time. On our 5th match, he finally caught me with it.
I would love to see a backstab and riposte from that thing. Lol.

If I get invaded n have time ill put snough armour on n equip the Trident n do the buff dance n it usually makes everyone laugh lol
---
Old man still playing, loving every minute of it. Xbl gt giantsir slayer
#16anand_ak89Posted 11/30/2012 5:02:32 AM

I'm very tempted to make a build that uses the Abyss GS as well. I love its battle worn looks and its 2H R2 somersault is hilarious. Doubt its any good in PvP yet I've not really heard anything about it, just mostly the OGS with buffs.

So am I, but I hear it isn't particularly good for sl125 builds much like Artorias greatsword and DSS. The moveset is brilliant and I really like it but not happy with the fact that it requires 18faith and 18int for no reason.....

I like OGS, that's one other weapon my other build can use lol.
#17Art Of DrowningPosted 11/30/2012 5:42:32 AM
anand_ak89 posted...
So am I, but I hear it isn't particularly good for sl125 builds much like Artorias greatsword and DSS. The moveset is brilliant and I really like it but not happy with the fact that it requires 18faith and 18int for no reason.....

Yeah, at least the GSOA has scaling for those as well. But the Abyss GS just has the requirement and regular C for Str/Dex. Kind of disappointing. Its damage doesn't seem spectacular either.
---
#18giantsirslayerPosted 11/30/2012 5:59:57 AM
anand_ak89 posted...

Yeah, at least the GSOA has scaling for those as well. But the Abyss GS just has the requirement and regular C for Str/Dex. Kind of disappointing. Its damage doesn't seem spectacular either.

Dragon greatsword I have + 5, the damage is around 600 but my iron great sword does more damage than it, I'm not all that impress with any of the braving weapons, but gsoa it will upgrade with any stat that is why its a good all around weapon but I haven't ued it in awhile nor really had it upgraded all the way.
---
Old man still playing, loving every minute of it. Xbl gt giantsir slayer
#19WH1TE_N1GHT13Posted 11/30/2012 7:41:50 AM
IMO a dual wielding dagger thief is challenging and really fun to play as. However if you go this route you might want a friend who's playing a tank to coop with.
#20Art Of DrowningPosted 11/30/2012 10:32:24 AM
giantsirslayer posted...
anand_ak89 posted...

Dragon greatsword I have + 5, the damage is around 600 but my iron great sword does more damage than it, I'm not all that impress with any of the braving weapons, but gsoa it will upgrade with any stat that is why its a good all around weapon but I haven't ued it in awhile nor really had it upgraded all the way.

I was actually referring to the Abyss Greatsword's damage but yeah, the GSoA scales with four stats however in order for it to be out right superior than others you really need to have all four relatively high. Given that we often restrict ourselves to around 120 or even lower this is hard to do without sacrificing important points in vit/end etc. Further more, I question whether the end result is worth while. For something such as that, which cannot be buffed and has a pretty slow and difficult to hit with R2s it simply seems unattractive from a usability point of view compared to say the Obsidian GS. The OGS has high damage, is easy to wield, takes only a few dragon scales to max (compared to +10 sword followed by upgrading the Artorias), and the OGS has a fancy special attack though its effectiveness is debatable.

I just witnessed two full dragons going at each other with the OGS buffed with CMW. There were roars and fire breathing all around between the host and this darkwraith. I didn't even want to go near the fight.
---