Having trouble playing co-op with a friend.

#1Mohawk_BravoPosted 12/4/2012 8:40:52 PM
Okay, so here is the full details. I originally had this game on another system. My friend got into it and since the price is low now I bought it for the Xbox so we could play online. Having not experienced online much the first three or four playthroughs, I was excited. We created new characters together and worked through most of the game up until about Anor Londo. Anyway, he switched to his other character and we decided to meet up again. So my level is 72 and his is 90 (he power leveled, thinking we would be able to work together within 20 levels). So we both joined the sunbros hoping that would help. I was able to summon him to help me fight siff.

However, we are no longer able to summon each other. I leveled up to 82 and he has remained at 90. We are both sunbros now. Anyone have any idea why I am unable ot summon him? I tried both in the forest and in New Londo (next boss we were planning to face), with no luck. Any help guys?
#2LoneReaper115Posted 12/4/2012 8:45:54 PM
That's just the nature of the beast it seems. I tried for at least 5 minutes earlier trying to summon anand for the demon firesage. I think with the rolling servers, it's just what it does. I would try going to your friend's gt and do join session in progress, or vice versa depending on who is going to host. That seems to put everyone in the same server and did kinda help a little when I've tried it. This is why you see summon signs/ messages kinda roll around.
---
I uh, don't have any bullets. You gonna give me bullets? Are there bullets up there? Where do I get my gun?
GT: LoneReaper115
#3LoneReaper115Posted 12/4/2012 8:47:32 PM
Hey, also another thing I noticed, I don't think you can summon in new londo until after you've drained it. I could be wrong though.
---
I uh, don't have any bullets. You gonna give me bullets? Are there bullets up there? Where do I get my gun?
GT: LoneReaper115
#4RPGNinja123Posted 12/4/2012 8:58:43 PM
LoneReaper115 posted...
Hey, also another thing I noticed, I don't think you can summon in new londo until after you've drained it. I could be wrong though.

You are 100% correct you have to drain the water
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), Metal Gear Solid HD collection
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, LA Noire Complete Edition
#5SyntaxBananaZPosted 12/4/2012 11:45:02 PM
Both play the game for 5 minutes. This will allow your game to pool in IP addresses.

When you're ready to summon one another, have the person lay down the summon sign in an agreeable spot.

IT IS IMPORTANT to not keep spamming the summon sign. After whoever wants to be summoned lays it down, keep it laid down about 1-2 minutes.

It's important not to touch the sign as the person who lays it down is sending out his request to all the IP addresses he has connected to him. Eventually it should bounce over to your IP and you should see it.

If you see it, try to summon. If it fails, try a second and third time by waiting for the summon sign to reappear. After you have a successful summon with each other, it should be easier and quicker to summon each other again and again as the game remembers past summons.

tl;dr Leave the summon sign down and wait 1-2 minute for it to show up. Do not spam the White Soapstone over and over in a short period of time as that is counterproductive.
---
Tumblr: www.syntaxbananaz.tumblr.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/syntaxbananaz