Dark Souls 2 website and trailer speculation (spoilers most likely)

#21DreadmasterXDPosted 12/8/2012 8:52:30 AM
Well if the "Dark Lord" ending ends up being canon, I wonder if From Software will pull an AC:FA and make your character from the previous game the Dark Lord.
---
XBL Gamertag: PhD Chemikill
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942- May 16, 2010)
#22TheFabulousRBK(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:02:31 AM
You guys forgetting that Linking the Fire ending was just a temporary fix. No telling how long this game takes place after the first. The temporary fix that linking the fire brought may have already run its course.
---
GT: Chrysalis tCQ
#23WH1TE_N1GHT13Posted 12/8/2012 9:02:49 AM
uhm guys
1 i agree that looks like a third eye on the dragon
2 the boiling blood looks to be his blood hitting the ground after getting jumped in mordor XD.
3 i think shes someone from astora because...
4 he looks to be another warrior of astora cuz in the forest it looks like that is astoras straight sword and his armour look quite similar to that of solaire of astora just minus the crazy symbolic sun.
#24pjcamperPosted 12/8/2012 10:23:21 AM
My 2 cents worth:

I think it relevant that this installment is called Dark Souls II as opposed to Dark "insert here". I'm not a PS3 kinda guy so I never played Demon Souls so correct me if I'm wrong. The universe of Dark Souls I is pretty much entirely different than that of Demon Souls. Now, having said that, and observing all of the apparent similarities in the trailer with events/places/items in Dark Souls I, one can assume that we will, in fact, be returned to Lordran or a someplace in the Lordran universe. Hence the name Dark Souls II.

Also, someone mentioned the three eyed dragon. IDK, but that third eye looks a lot like the eye in the "cyclops helmet" that Ciaran wears.

Me thinks we are going to get a much more complete picture of Lordran, past, present and perhaps future in DS II.

2 Cents...you get what you pay for
#25Fisto_Posted 12/8/2012 11:11:31 AM
My speculation:

Dark Souls II will be set in the past, during the times of the Age of Ancients where there are dragons. Velka is possibly the woman in the trailer, as she is connected to the Painted World of Ariamis which also looks like it's in the trailer. The pendant on the website is a relic of. . .Velka? Or the dragons?

Also, you will die a lot.
---
Please assume the position.
#26the_curatorPosted 12/8/2012 11:40:34 AM
I was really excited to see the trailer BUT anyone else feels this looks TOO GOOD? I just hope they concentrate on the atmosphere as they did with DkS on not on pretty landscapes, like *gulp* skyrim or something.

P.s Those f****rs are still trolling us with that damn pendant...........
---
Come at me moonbro
#27J28ShammgodPosted 12/8/2012 11:40:40 AM
ramzariot posted...
Don't care. Just want to play.

This ^^^
---
Who run Bartertown?
#28the_curatorPosted 12/8/2012 11:49:52 AM
The mask guys make me think of ciaran. They are probably lord's blades. They also have a similarity with painting guardians, who are supposed to be a class of the lord's blades.
---
Come at me moonbro
#29FreshSushiPosted 12/8/2012 11:55:49 AM
the_curator posted...
I was really excited to see the trailer BUT anyone else feels this looks TOO GOOD? I just hope they concentrate on the atmosphere as they did with DkS on not on pretty landscapes, like *gulp* skyrim or something.

P.s Those f****rs are still trolling us with that damn pendant...........

lol Skyrim looks like crap (which is kinda understandable as the game is open world, but yeah, Dark Souls, if it tried, could do way better as the experience is way more linear).
---
DARK SOULS II WOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!!!!
"We want it to be as popular as Elder Scrolls"...-__________-
#30Rebellion_12Posted 12/9/2012 9:05:20 AM
From the dark souls 2 site the pendulum like thing with the character sitting in front of it, kinda reminds me of a bonfire. Maybe no more bonfires?