The DSII Easy Mode Line: Step onto a side.

#11SirEsquireIIIPosted 12/9/2012 12:48:22 AM
I want pause menu healing so it's impossible to die. Also seperate saves so if you accidently die it doesn't matter. Also invisible walls to prevent you from falling off cliffs. Also I want it to be a FPS.
#12Chaos_MatazakiPosted 12/9/2012 1:08:54 AM
I can see why developers screw over the consumers now, the gamers themselves are just as selfish and don't care about the amount of profit the developers make off their games. The first con you have down is stupid, it makes it easy for people who choose easy, which is optional as you said. So take that off cons and as for the second con? Who cares, easy people play against easy people and so on, scratch that con off. They can't survive off the fan base alone, they need more money, meaning open it up for a wider audience. You all call yourselves fan boy's, but you obviously don't care about how much they make. So selfish and ignorant really.
---
PSN: Hiroshi_Matazaki
Gamertag: Chaos Matazaki
#13CStickPosted 12/9/2012 1:18:07 AM
maybe an easy-mode/co-op only mode would be nice for accessibility, but the standard mode of "**** you, get to work" needs to be made as the prominent mode no matter what. Either that or make a longer, more detailed tutorial.

Either way, the accessibility best not come at the expense of why I've - and many of you guys of course - love this game.
---
I like you Cstick. You got balls. I like balls.~Chesterr01
Southern VA smasher
#14Max58201Posted 12/9/2012 1:21:09 AM
my god who cares if there is an easy mode if people want it easier let them it doesn't affect you just don't play it

it wouldn't separate the community... the host for co op would dictate the difficulty and face it co op in general made the game easy mode. and difficulty wouldn't matter for pvp at all its not like you fight any mobs as an invader

the only reason an easy mode would be bad is because your e peen would shrink because the series you play isn't as hardcore to everyone else
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#15SirEsquireIIIPosted 12/9/2012 1:23:46 AM
Chaos_Matazaki posted...
I can see why developers screw over the consumers now, the gamers themselves are just as selfish and don't care about the amount of profit the developers make off their games. The first con you have down is stupid, it makes it easy for people who choose easy, which is optional as you said. So take that off cons and as for the second con? Who cares, easy people play against easy people and so on, scratch that con off. They can't survive off the fan base alone, they need more money, meaning open it up for a wider audience. You all call yourselves fan boy's, but you obviously don't care about how much they make. So selfish and ignorant really.

I also want map packs @ 1200 points each that are practically mandatory if you feel like playing online.
#16hak145Posted 12/9/2012 1:34:06 AM
Max58201 posted...
my god who cares if there is an easy mode if people want it easier let them it doesn't affect you just don't play it

it wouldn't separate the community... the host for co op would dictate the difficulty and face it co op in general made the game easy mode. and difficulty wouldn't matter for pvp at all its not like you fight any mobs as an invader

the only reason an easy mode would be bad is because your e peen would shrink because the series you play isn't as hardcore to everyone else

No. the difficulty of dark souls comes naturally from just how the game works. introducing an easy mode would be changing what inherently makes dark souls such a unique and exhilarating game. It would require changing the very way the game plays. I do suggest thought that the developers are little more up front in the introduction of the game with perhaps a better tutorial.
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#17JohnnyShred612Posted 12/9/2012 2:20:43 AM(edited)
"Accessible" would be sleeker menus and more clear and concise tooltips, as well as maybe a more elaborate tutorial. On one hand, I love that the first enemy in the game is a towering behemoth, but on the other hand, it would be nice if you learned how to swing a sword before they threw the Asylum Demon at you. You don't need an easy mode to accomplish what they're likely going to go for in either case, though.
---
Week 13 NFC North Standings: Packers > Bears > Vikings > Lions
http://media.salon.com/2011/01/jay_cutler-350x307.jpg
#18AngryOldFeralPosted 12/9/2012 2:40:08 AM
Playthrough 1 was "easy mode". :P
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#19MalzelPosted 12/9/2012 2:45:59 AM
I don't really care. As long as the "normal mode" has the same difficulty quality of Dark/Demon's and the "easy" is just very basic numerical tweaks of enemy damage output, so as not to take away from development of the main game.
---
It is only human to commit a sin...
#20PhantasmplusPosted 12/9/2012 4:56:30 AM
JohnnyShred612 posted...
"Accessible" would be sleeker menus and more clear and concise tooltips, as well as maybe a more elaborate tutorial. On one hand, I love that the first enemy in the game is a towering behemoth, but on the other hand, it would be nice if you learned how to swing a sword before they threw the Asylum Demon at you. You don't need an easy mode to accomplish what they're likely going to go for in either case, though.

Eh, I think you're told all you need to know when you start. Undead Asylum was a perfect starting area, here's how you control your character now get to it.
---
I'll just have to get a full apology from you later.
RARITYCATCHME.