Before placing the Lord Vessel...

#1kingnahum17Posted 12/26/2012 1:48:42 AM
I know there was something I meant to do, that you can't do after you place it, I just can't remember what. Can ya'll help me out by making a list of things you HAVE to do before you place the Lord Vessel, that you can't do after (NOT counting NG+/+++++++++).

A few more specific questions:
Also, is Shiva's bodyguard there in the forest with him. I want that ring.
Does he return to the forest if I exit the covenant?
Can I join the forest covenant AFTER I exit it once in the same game?
---
"Yeah life sucks. Get over it. I hate wusses."
Need gaming help? Go here: http://www.youtube.com/kingnahum17
#2TheTrillTexanPosted 12/26/2012 1:53:00 AM
Give it to Kaathe FFS I just screwed myself earlier I had forgotten that you have to give it to him to DW. Have to wait till NG+ f*** thats gonna be a hard fight.

*looks skyward*
---
GT:The Trill Texan
Try jumping.
#3kingnahum17(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 3:00:19 AM
I guess I should specify what I meant better.

What can you do after you GET the Lord Vessel (but not before), but can not do after you PLACE IT?
---
"Yeah life sucks. Get over it. I hate wusses."
Need gaming help? Go here: http://www.youtube.com/kingnahum17
#4TomPillerPosted 12/26/2012 11:45:09 AM
Don't know if this is something you are interested in, but if you want to see the alternate cutscene before battling Sif (I won't mention it for fear of SPOILERS) - then you must let Frampt take you to Firelink Altar, which opens up the Dukes Archives. Then you can kill the Crystal Golem that is there to get the broken pendant. This will allow you to access the AOTA dlc, which you must complete. Now when you battle Sif to obtain the Covenant of Artorias, you will get the alternate cutscene.

Basically, you have to choose between Kaathe or Sif.
#5beggargirlPosted 12/26/2012 11:53:24 AM
kingnahum17 posted...
I guess I should specify what I meant better.

What can you do after you GET the Lord Vessel (but not before), but can not do after you PLACE IT?

Joining the darkwraiths is the only thing I can think of that would be a reason to not place the lord vessel.
#6NarzodPosted 12/26/2012 12:03:06 PM
kingnahum17 posted...
Also, is Shiva's bodyguard there in the forest with him. I want that ring.
Does he return to the forest if I exit the covenant?
Can I join the forest covenant AFTER I exit it once in the same game?

Yes.

This is a little off-topic, but did y'all know that the bodyguard can come back to life if you kill him, absolve your sins, and rejoin the Cat Covenant? I did that when I forgot to learn the facepalm gesture after I'd already gotten the DWGR. After I learned it I tried to kill Shiva, and was quite surprised when his ninja buddy jumped out of the shadows and started attacking me. And no, he didn't drop a second copy of the ring.
---
GT IllicitCypress