community opinions on event for this weekend

#31Mellow5121Posted 1/7/2013 4:18:53 PM
Well in my opinion it would be best to use something like unupgraded hollow warrior armour as it easy to get and it offers a little bit of poise. Unless ofcourse your going for a zero poise thing. And no weapon in the off hand just your bare fist.
---
GT: TheMellowFellow
#32TheTrillTexanPosted 1/7/2013 4:21:00 PM
I think no miracle/pyro/sorcery would be best. Takes away from the whole premise of the game type. Make do with the weapon not just fall back on other stuff if you want to.
---
GT:The Trill Texan
Try jumping.
#33kmelaurinegroPosted 1/7/2013 4:46:43 PM
S#@t, do you guys do this often? I finally decided to go for live gold, but turns out I can't buy it online as I'm not in the U.S (supposedly this will change on Jan 15) so I'm better of waiting than ordering a card online form another place.
I haven't even finished the game but I'm totally looking forward for it's online component, though I'm pretty sure my character will be useless for PvP (would have loved to have gold for the O&S batttle)
#34beggargirlPosted 1/7/2013 4:56:46 PM
kmelaurinegro posted...
S#@t, do you guys do this often? I finally decided to go for live gold, but turns out I can't buy it online as I'm not in the U.S (supposedly this will change on Jan 15) so I'm better of waiting than ordering a card online form another place.
I haven't even finished the game but I'm totally looking forward for it's online component, though I'm pretty sure my character will be useless for PvP (would have loved to have gold for the O&S batttle)

We have been having regular friendly fight clubs for a few months I think. If you get gold hopefully either me or someone else with a high level character will be willing to let you kill them a few times to get enough souls to make a brand new pvp character if you want.

You will need to get the character to the painted world to get the red soapstone- or if you haven't updated to the latest patch you could bottomless box glitch the soapstones to a new character.

I won't do this until you've at least passed the game once though.
#35kmelaurinegroPosted 1/7/2013 5:01:20 PM
I've been to the painted world, but can't remember if I have the stone
I've killed dark sun gwendolyn(if that's the correct name) but not priscilla in the painted world(if that matters), however after a few tries I keep getting my *** handed to me by the 4 kings, so you'll probably be seeing post by me asking for help with that one mid January
#36anand_ak89Posted 1/7/2013 5:16:38 PM
finalpope420 posted...
anand_ak89 posted...
ok i voted hoping it will be at some reasonable time for me lol.

Hunger games. Aww... can i atleast wear my viking hat (royal helm)?

I say yes to shields and what about talismans, catalyst, pyro glove?

Their fine as long as you don't use spells, pyros, or miracles. I say the pyromancer set do to a lot of people wanting to fight naked.
This is called hungar games for a reason lol. In the movie they were thrown against each other only using what weapons they grabbed and the clothes on their backs...they were NOT naked :P

would made the film much more interesting if they were and wore silly hats lol.

ok got it no spells. how about items? stuff including but not limited to dung pies, firebombs, alluring skulls, lloyds talismans?
#37SpirasGuardianPosted 1/7/2013 5:22:42 PM
Hunger Games sounds awesome, though I think off handing a second weapon would defeat the purpose.

And I agree with everyone wearing the same armor. maybe crimson set? Decent light armor.
---
GT: Spiras Guardian
Check out my art: pureverve.deviantart.com
#38finalpope420(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 5:23:13 PM
Yeah items are fine.

Ok so heres an update on the rules
SL125
No spells, miracles, pyros
No healing, chainstabbing, BS fishing, divine blessings, mushrooms
Fight with the weapon you pick up only for you're main (shields and small weapons are allowed in you're off hand)
All participants will wear the pyromancer gear (upgraded) unless we decide on a new set.
Fight does not start till a loyds talisman is thrown to signify the pick up weapons and bother players have equipped said weapon and bowed.
Items are permitted with the exception of resins
---
If you don't stand for something, You'll fall for anything
GT: GreenMartian2X0
#39anand_ak89Posted 1/7/2013 5:26:23 PM
finalpope420 posted...
Yeah items are fine.

SL125
Fight with the weapon you pick up only for you're main (shields and small weapons are allowed in you're off hand)
All participants will wear the pyromancer gear (upgraded) unless we decide on a new set.
Fight does not start till a loyds talisman is thrown to signify the pick up weapons and bother players have equipped said weapon and bowed.

does bows come under small off hand weapons?
#40finalpope420(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 5:28:05 PM
anand_ak89 posted...
finalpope420 posted...
Yeah items are fine.

SL125

does bows come under small off hand weapons?

Small would be daggers, curved swords, and rapiers. Bows will be a dropped weapon, after all it was a main in the movie
---
If you don't stand for something, You'll fall for anything
GT: GreenMartian2X0