Community Weapon Tier List

#21WH1TE_N1GHT13Posted 1/9/2013 5:29:59 AM
Dragonslayer spear - A

Pro
It's got good reach
Moderate power (medium to high based on stats)

Con
Only b dex and faith c on strength scaling.
All faith scaling goes to the lightning attack which should be used sparingly due to the draw on durability.
Predictable strong attacks.

I do love this weapon and want it to be s ranked, but there are too many draw backs for it to have the highest ranking.
---
XBL GT: WH1TE N1GHT13
#22anand_ak89Posted 1/9/2013 5:34:12 AM
Art Of Drowning posted...
anand_ak89 posted...
The only reason spears aren't S is because they seem like a one trick pony to me.

Eh? Not sure what you mean by this... I'm going to guess you simply mean poke punish, particularly with flip in flip out attacks. But that is more of a personal choice. The spear has a huge range and this is its primary advantage. That however doesn't mean it is a one trick pony to me. I catch enough people with rolling R1s, Kick->R1s etc to know a few more tricks from my spears. I'd also note, that pushing it down because it is a one trick pony wouldn't make sense if the trick is as ridiculously effective as it is in this case. Further more, the one trick pony shouldn't mean anything since you can easily have a backup weapon purely for variation, however, the initial weapon is still just as effective without said weapon and wouldn't rely on it. Or, for instance the primary weapon would even benefit from a backup. TC mentioned tricking people with talisman WoTG->Clay swings, this is a great example. Do we say the fact that the clay can combo from Wrath doesn't count because wrath isn't part of the clay? No, that would be silly.

Not saying its not effective lol. I use pike all the time. I guess you have a point, I did a say I completely understand if people want it to be S. It's just that we don't have a set criteria for ranking so I used what I felt was reasonable.
#23anand_ak89Posted 1/9/2013 5:37:16 AM
WH1TE_N1GHT13 posted...
Dragonslayer spear - A

Pro
It's got good reach

Con
All faith scaling goes to the lightning attack which should be used sparingly due to the draw on durability.

I do love this weapon and want it to be s ranked, but there are too many draw backs for it to have the highest ranking.

Yeah my main problem with DSS is I feel like I need to make a build around it for it to be effective rather than it fitting my standard dex faith build.

What is this new more awesome build you talk about? I am very intrigued.
#24moodyjm2Posted 1/9/2013 6:02:44 AM(edited)
S Tier
Silver Knight Spear
Moonlight Butterfly Horn

A Tier
Moonlight Greatsword
Claymore
Black Knight Halberd
Dark Silver Tracer
Chaos Blade
Balder Swag Sword
Uchigatana
Life Hunt Scythe
Falchion
Dragon Slayer Spear

B Tier
Zweihander
Demon Great Axe
Large Club
Gargoyle Halberd
Washing Pole
Great Scythe
Gold Tracer
Iaito
Winged Spear

C Tier
Greatsword
Great Club
Black Knight Great Axe
Bandit's Knife
Dragon King Great Axe
Silver Knight Sword
Demon Spear
Black Knight Greatsword

D Tier
Drake Sword
Cursed Greatsword of Artorias
Golem Axe
Black Knight Sword
Dragon Greatsword
Stone Axe
Pike

F Tier
Greatsword of Artorias (True)
Priscilla's Dagger
Notched Whip
Whip
Guardian Tail

Just a few notes - Weapons in D tier are gimmicky and outclassed, weapons in F tier are terrible and should be avoided except for Fashion Souls. Two top weapons shouldn't be a suprise. Weapons in Tier A slightly outclass weapons in Tier B, but are similiar. Weapons in Tier C are slightly gimmicky but useful.

When evaluating I assessed whether the weapon was outclassed, and by how many, hence the ranking -

SKS / MLBH are top
Dragon Slayer Spear is next, due to split damage, but has amazing reach
Winged Spear is next because it can be buffed and has great moveset
Demon Spear is next because it has very low damage but good reach. Iffy moveset
Pike is outclassed by other spears as it's EXTREMELY heavy for a spear, negating one of the their biggest advantages. And it's only saving grace is it can be buffed, but to get maximum damage you will need a 28/40 quality build with buff. The weight is it's biggest hindrance.

Lastly, Life Hunt is one of the most underated weapons in the game, and the R2's can trade with almost any weapon.

---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
#25anand_ak89Posted 1/9/2013 5:53:26 AM
moodyjm2 posted...
S Tier
Silver Knight Spear
Moonlight Butterfly Horn

A Tier
Moonlight Greatsword
Claymore
Black Knight Halberd
Dark Silver Tracer
Chaos Blade
Balder Swag Sword
Uchigatana
Life Hunt Scythe
Falchion

B Tier
Zweihander
Greatsword
Demon Great Axe
Large Club
Gargoyle Halberd
Washing Pole
Great Scythe
Gold Tracer
Iaito
Dragon Slayer Spear

C Tier
Great Club
Black Knight Great Axe
Bandit's Knife
Dragon King Great Axe
Silver Knight Sword
Demon Spear

D Tier
Drake Sword
Cursed Greatsword of Artorias
Black Knight Greatsword
Golem Axe
Black Knight Sword

F Tier
Greatsword of Artorias (True)
Priscilla's Dagger
Notched Whip
Whip
Guardian Tail

I see no pike :'(
Lifehunt - no buff, gscythe - can be buffed. But I would still rate lifehunt higher but I think gscythe should be like A- lol.
Guardian tail at D, it has its uses.
#26yraeloPosted 1/9/2013 5:54:28 AM
The estoc is definitely top tier as well. Good riposte/bs damage, great range, great move set, easy to get, low stat requirements, and light weight. Looks cool too
---
gt: go828
#27WH1TE_N1GHT13Posted 1/9/2013 5:56:19 AM
anand_ak89 posted...
WH1TE_N1GHT13 posted...
Dragonslayer spear - A

Pro
It's got good reach

Con

Yeah my main problem with DSS is I feel like I need to make a build around it for it to be effective rather than it fitting my standard dex faith build.

What is this new more awesome build you talk about? I am very intrigued.

Lol well it's a quality build you need to use it effectively not a standard dex faith and I'll pm the details
---
XBL GT: WH1TE N1GHT13
#28Dex_PyromaniacPosted 1/9/2013 5:59:05 AM
You put MLGS above claymore lolwas
---
GT - Dex Pyromaniac
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff
#29LoneReaper115Posted 1/9/2013 6:00:28 AM
Greatsword- A: giantsirslayer has steered me in the right direction with this being a beast for a quality build. Combine it with high poise armor and almost nothing can interrupt your long range, wide arc attacks.

Washing Pole- A: It's long reach, quick poke with 1H R2, is on par with polearms. Add to it bleed damage, and multi-stat scaling, make it better than the Uchi and Iato. I know the raw damage output with my stats as I have +15 of each and Washing Pole out damages both of those with a longer reach.

Claymore- A: Has a very solid moveset, with a good balance of speed/ strength.

BK Greatsword-B :It has good raw power, but is awfully slow.

IMO, there almost shouldn't be an "S" tier as no weapon is that much better than any other. It's all about the user, stats, and comfortably knowing it's moveset/ range. So, I'd like to add the player in tier A as a weapon, since their knowledge is the basis of all of the weapon's performances.
---
I uh, don't have any bullets. You gonna give me bullets? Are there bullets up there? Where do I get my gun?
GT: LoneReaper115
#30moodyjm2Posted 1/9/2013 6:21:16 AM(edited)
Sorry for my long post, edited.

MLGS and Claymore are pretty damn close, but for different reasons. Claymore has one of the best movesets of any weapon, but the MLGS has a nasty R2 and synergizes perfectly with Sorcerers. I definitely put them both atop A.

Life Hunt and Gscythe are close, but I think the 50% of the Life Hunt with the highest bleed in the game (yes people, it destroys the heralded Chaos Blade in this department) means that burst damage is through the roof. It's not very common, but believe me, it kills quickly and you do not want to trade hits with it.

Crap, forgot about Estoc. Doh! I'd def put that in A, high A. Ricard's Rapier probably at C.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG