Community Weapon Tier List

#31Dex_PyromaniacPosted 1/9/2013 6:24:46 AM
Oh and heres my list taking into consideration stat investment to usefulness as its main factor of deciding where the weapon goes, in descending order of usefulness within tiers as well: (doesnt include pyro flames/catalysts/talismans because they are all tier'd depending on the spell you use them with, GC, wog, and dark bead are S tier for example)

God tier

DWGR

S tier

SKSpear
Demons spear
MLBH

A tier

Pike
Poise
Claymore
Balder sword
Estoc
Chaos blade
Iaito
Uchi

B tier

Velkas rapier
Bastard Sword
MLGS/Flamberge
Winged Spear
Great Lord Greatsword (20 str and 20 dex needed and it already puts it at the same AR as the MLGS in pure physical, and the moveset is around the same usefulness too)
Zweihander
Greatsword
Quelaag's Furysword (needs next to no stat investment and is relatively strong and pretty long for a curved sword)
Halberd
Galberd
Scythe
Sunlight straight sword/longsword
Rapier
Falchion
Scimitar

C tier

Man serpent greatsword
Great scythe (idgaf what anyone says the weapon is god damn easy to punish)
Large club
Lifehunt scythe

D and below tier

Everything else
---
GT - Dex Pyromaniac
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff
#32moodyjm2Posted 1/9/2013 6:32:54 AM(edited)
^ Only you Dex. Only you would take this opportunity to praise your beloved DWGR lol.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
#33anand_ak89Posted 1/9/2013 6:33:28 AM
moodyjm2 posted...

Pike is outclassed by other spears as it's EXTREMELY heavy for a spear, negating one of the their biggest advantages. And it's only saving grace is it can be buffed, but to get maximum damage you will need a 28/40 quality build with buff. The weight is it's biggest hindrance.

Funny you should mention that, I have that build and use pike with it. It outdamages SKS, even without the buff. Has nearly the same reach too. Not sure if DSS will out damage pike due to split damage business. Shame about the wait but I can fast roll with it with 55 poise. So its not all that bad. DSS is of course heavier. I will show you the build one day lol.
#34moodyjm2Posted 1/9/2013 6:35:13 AM
anand_ak89 posted...
moodyjm2 posted...

Pike is outclassed by other spears as it's EXTREMELY heavy for a spear, negating one of the their biggest advantages. And it's only saving grace is it can be buffed, but to get maximum damage you will need a 28/40 quality build with buff. The weight is it's biggest hindrance.

Funny you should mention that, I have that build and use pike with it. It outdamages SKS, even without the buff. Has nearly the same reach too. Not sure if DSS will out damage pike due to split damage business. Shame about the wait but I can fast roll with it with 55 poise. So its not all that bad. DSS is of course heavier. I will show you the build one day lol.

Yeah sounds good man. I wish it were a STR-scaling spear. That would be bad***.
---
#35Art Of DrowningPosted 1/9/2013 7:47:21 AM
anand_ak89 posted...
Not saying its not effective lol. I use pike all the time. I guess you have a point, I did a say I completely understand if people want it to be S. It's just that we don't have a set criteria for ranking so I used what I felt was reasonable.

For ranking, I think (and suggest) that anything and everything should be considered with only a few exceptions such as:
- Hacked items. Eg. Crystal +15
- Hacked spells. Eg. Karmic Explosion thingy.
- Using save editor to obtain masses of rare items and taking it into consideration as you utilize them for your PvP. This excludes upgrade materials. Eg. Editing in 99 shrooms to combat Power Within. Editing in multiple DMB scrolls or whatever. Silly nonsense.
- Glitches - Spellswap comes to mind. If it weapon is unbuffable, it stays unbuffable. Etc.

So, we can consider the weapon at all level ranges, including maxed level for things such as the Artorias swords. However also consider that we "mostly" wouldn't go that far for a weapon. Weigh both points how you will. Also, on the level talk. Consider weapons such as the Clay. You can 2 hand the thing from the beginning of the game pretty much. Bring it to Lighting+5 or Chaos +5 and you have a stupidly effective weapon for minimal stat requirements and effective for most early PvP.

Some other things we might also consider when weighing our choices:
-Different builds, including those tailored for the weapon with buffs/spells or otherwise.
-Things that counter the weapon.
-Availability. Eg. When comparing Iaito and Uchi... I take the Uchigata down the Crystal Path and still buff it. I can buy as many uchis as I need when it breaks, Iaitos I need to trade or get another in NG +. I can also take another to Chaos etc etc.

I mentioned I'm not considering things for PvE but I'll leave whether you want to consider it a little up to you.

anand_ak89 posted...
DSS is of course heavier.

The DSS and Pike are tied as the heaviest spears in the game. Both weigh 10.0. I remember this as my QFaith build utilizing the pike could use the DSS without any alterations to weight and I often switched to compare and for a bit of variety. I haven't checked this in the latest patch but I'm positive it was so and I don't think they'd patch weight.

anand, while playing around with the Pike, try a Pike at Crystal+4 (no need to dump a slab on something you'll lose so quickly). It'll hit harder than +15 and you can still pop resins or whatever you want on top. :D
---
"A storm is brewing here right by my side
I've tried all sorts of disguises"
#36anand_ak89Posted 1/9/2013 7:59:38 AM
Art Of Drowning posted...

anand, while playing around with the Pike, try a Pike at Crystal+4 (no need to dump a slab on something you'll lose so quickly). It'll hit harder than +15 and you can still pop resins or whatever you want on top. :D

Awesome idea. Lol, why didn't I think of this.

I meant DSS is of course heavier in comparison to other spears. Sorry should have have made that clear. It is same weight as the pike yes.

Still wonder which does more damage at 28/40/30 (str/dex/faith)? I don't buff the pike normally so not counting the buffs I mean.
#37RPGNinja123Posted 1/9/2013 8:20:26 AM
The only tiers you need are human skill
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#38anand_ak89Posted 1/9/2013 8:30:24 AM
RPGNinja123 posted...

Some people find it hard to grasp that idea. Hence we have lists to keep everyone happy lol
#39RPGNinja123Posted 1/9/2013 8:31:33 AM
anand_ak89 posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

Some people find it hard to grasp that idea. Hence we have lists to keep everyone happy lol

Naw lists never keep anyone happy, it just makes for perpetual arguing. Like I don't agree with anyone's list so far. But that reason is obvious.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#40moodyjm2Posted 1/9/2013 8:37:42 AM
RPGNinja123 posted...
anand_ak89 posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

Naw lists never keep anyone happy, it just makes for perpetual arguing. Like I don't agree with anyone's list so far. But that reason is obvious.

What is your fav weapon RPG? Most of us here are known for 1 or 2.
---