Super Ornstein Glitch.

#1Morpheus51Posted 1/12/2013 9:57:23 AM
I've heard of this happening before but it's never happened to me... until now. Myself and a white phantom had Super Ornstein down to a sliver of his health and he decides to suicide through the wall.

The sole purpose of fighting Ornstein last was for the Leo Ring. Is it gone for the playthrough, or can I just quit and reload and it will appear?
#2RPGNinja123Posted 1/12/2013 10:08:36 AM
I would still check with a save and quit and then reload to see if it is there, but I am afraid it is gone for good. There are people on these boards who will be willing to part with a Leo Ring though I am sure (I would help but I am without a power brick currently)
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#3Morpheus51(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 10:18:45 AM
I quit and reloaded and it's gone. It isn't hugely important that I have a Leo Ring, it won't affect my build, it just would've been handy to have it. Oh well, it looks like I'll have to get it on NG+. Thank you for the offer, though.
#4RPGNinja123Posted 1/12/2013 10:21:38 AM
Morpheus51 posted...
I quit and reloaded and it's gone. It isn't hugely important that I have a Leo Ring, it won't affect my build, it just would've been handy to have it. Oh well, it looks like I'll have to get it on NG+. Thank you for the offer, though.

Ah okay, still sorry to hear that, I never heard of him just suiciding like that. Even when you play offline Super Ornstein always seemed like he had "laggy" moves that wouldn't kick out until 1-2 seconds later after the animation. He certainly seemed buggy in that regard too.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#5Morpheus51(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 10:31:31 AM
RPGNinja123 posted...
Ah okay, still sorry to hear that, I never heard of him just suiciding like that. Even when you play offline Super Ornstein always seemed like he had "laggy" moves that wouldn't kick out until 1-2 seconds later after the animation. He certainly seemed buggy in that regard too.

I've noticed that also, yet Smough doesn't have any lag issues (none that I've noticed, anyway).

As for Ornstein it was really strange; we had him cornered, about to deliver the last few blows and he just flies out of the window. I think the next time I'm about to kill him I'll make sure it's done near the centre of the room, haha.
#6darktonberryPosted 1/12/2013 2:41:49 PM
If you still need the ring let me know your SL and I will get you one.