What's your Achilles' Heel? Share Your Weakness!

#1Bowdownbe4me1Posted 1/22/2013 9:42:52 AM
I just had this idea for a thread and wanted to see how far it would go.

Out of all your pvp encounters, what strategies/tactics have you found to be the hardest to accommodate?

Also, please DO NOT post strategies/tactics which are generally deemed to be cheap by the community. That's not what this thread is about, and it could quickly derail if we made it about that.

-
For me, as a GScythe user who fights primarily unlocked I find anything that can break my 33 poise to be problematic. It forces me to limit my running attacks because my opponent could easily start a swing as I'm heading towards them and subsequently stun-lock me. -Normally I'd take a trade if I know my poise can handle it.

My other weakness is HCSM. HCSM makes free-running A LOT more dangerous. Anyone who casts it has effectively disabled my running attacks until they shoot off.
---
GT: Bowdownbe4me
YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bowdownbe4me1
#2ChristianelloPosted 1/22/2013 9:45:13 AM
My weakness is usually lag. I have a harder time than I should when compensating for it.

I also get rolled a lot by people in super-heavy armor. It's just...hypnotic. I see it, and I know it's going to roll me over, and I just...don't care. Honest.

...I guess what I'm trying to say is, "I like big butts and I can not lie."
---
XBL GT: Celtic Fang "I out-Tarkus'd Tarkus."
Offiicial Priscilla's Dagger of the Dark Souls Xbox 360 Board!
#3beggargirlPosted 1/22/2013 9:45:37 AM
Backstabs.

*cries*
#4Hash062Posted 1/22/2013 9:47:04 AM
Lag.
#5mexicandreadPosted 1/22/2013 9:51:03 AM
Spears. Bleeping spears.
---
GT: mexicandread
#6NarzodPosted 1/22/2013 10:00:58 AM
My weakness is people who are good at PvP.

Seriously? I have a hard time with multiple opponents, meaning gankers and arena fights. Especially since the only AoE spell I'm usually packing is a Great Chaos Fireball that, if I try to throw it unlocked, I generally end up throwing down at my feet or chucking over my shoulder, like I'm trying to play keep-away instead of, you know, hitting people with it. And I think I'm just too damn old and slow to keep track of more than one person at a time.

Also, parries. Can't land them in a real fight, get baited into them frequently.
---
GT IllicitCypress
#7Ignignot_ErPosted 1/22/2013 10:03:21 AM
I don't have much PVP experience but when someone goes for the blitzkrieg tactic it really gets me off my game.
#8TILlegion777Posted 1/22/2013 10:03:33 AM
Other players. Just all of them, they're all my weakness.
---
Yeah, I'm that idiot with the stupid signature. Fat-roll Kirk is the only true build.
Official Longsword of the Dark Souls boards
#9giantsirslayerPosted 1/22/2013 10:06:26 AM
I get to aggressive at times, I like to use the Leo ring so I like to wait it out but I like to attack to but I do my best when they do most of the attacking so I can counter for bigger hit points
---
Official greatsword user of gamefaqs board
Xbox gt giantsir slayer
#10Goggs999Posted 1/22/2013 10:11:29 AM
beggargirl posted...
Backstabs.

^This combined with my impatience. I've got no time for people who refuse to attack and just wait for their chance to backstab me.