What's your Achilles' Heel? Share Your Weakness!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. What's your Achilles' Heel? Share Your Weakness!
2 years ago#1
I just had this idea for a thread and wanted to see how far it would go.

Out of all your pvp encounters, what strategies/tactics have you found to be the hardest to accommodate?

Also, please DO NOT post strategies/tactics which are generally deemed to be cheap by the community. That's not what this thread is about, and it could quickly derail if we made it about that.

-
For me, as a GScythe user who fights primarily unlocked I find anything that can break my 33 poise to be problematic. It forces me to limit my running attacks because my opponent could easily start a swing as I'm heading towards them and subsequently stun-lock me. -Normally I'd take a trade if I know my poise can handle it.

My other weakness is HCSM. HCSM makes free-running A LOT more dangerous. Anyone who casts it has effectively disabled my running attacks until they shoot off.
---
GT: Bowdownbe4me
YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bowdownbe4me1
2 years ago#2
My weakness is usually lag. I have a harder time than I should when compensating for it.

I also get rolled a lot by people in super-heavy armor. It's just...hypnotic. I see it, and I know it's going to roll me over, and I just...don't care. Honest.

...I guess what I'm trying to say is, "I like big butts and I can not lie."
---
XBL GT: Celtic Fang "I out-Tarkus'd Tarkus."
Offiicial Priscilla's Dagger of the Dark Souls Xbox 360 Board!
2 years ago#3
Backstabs.

*cries*
2 years ago#4
Lag.
2 years ago#5
Spears. Bleeping spears.
---
GT: mexicandread
2 years ago#6
My weakness is people who are good at PvP.

Seriously? I have a hard time with multiple opponents, meaning gankers and arena fights. Especially since the only AoE spell I'm usually packing is a Great Chaos Fireball that, if I try to throw it unlocked, I generally end up throwing down at my feet or chucking over my shoulder, like I'm trying to play keep-away instead of, you know, hitting people with it. And I think I'm just too damn old and slow to keep track of more than one person at a time.

Also, parries. Can't land them in a real fight, get baited into them frequently.
---
GT IllicitCypress
2 years ago#7
I don't have much PVP experience but when someone goes for the blitzkrieg tactic it really gets me off my game.
2 years ago#8
Other players. Just all of them, they're all my weakness.
---
Yeah, I'm that idiot with the stupid signature. Fat-roll Kirk is the only true build.
Official Longsword of the Dark Souls boards
2 years ago#9
I get to aggressive at times, I like to use the Leo ring so I like to wait it out but I like to attack to but I do my best when they do most of the attacking so I can counter for bigger hit points
---
Official greatsword user of gamefaqs board
Xbox gt giantsir slayer
2 years ago#10
beggargirl posted...
Backstabs.

^This combined with my impatience. I've got no time for people who refuse to attack and just wait for their chance to backstab me.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. What's your Achilles' Heel? Share Your Weakness!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived