What's your Achilles' Heel? Share Your Weakness!

#21SethrothaurionPosted 1/22/2013 11:13:37 AM
WotG. Not for the usual reasons, like it's overpowered or cheap. Simply because I have a hard time gauging when to dodge, no matter how many times I see it, or how obvious it is.
---
XBL: DaiHaj
#22WH1TE_N1GHT13Posted 1/22/2013 11:14:53 AM
Gotta say, those f'ing halberds and scythes.

I either get like 3 shoted due to either my own impatience or dead angles. Surprising greatsword a don't screw me up often :s I think it's just the odd shape of certain weapons that just tricks my eyes.
---
XBL GT: WH1TE N1GHT13
The Bastard Sword of GameFAQS
#23themefinlandPosted 1/22/2013 11:31:27 AM
Bows and BSS coupled with the Leo ring, oh man if you don't get hit by that bow you'll get poisoned in between the invis frames and that BSS hits ridiculously hard and fast
---
The official BUTCHER knife of the Xbox dark souls board
#24LoneReaper115Posted 1/22/2013 11:38:26 AM(edited)
Fast weapon users that are aggressive. I'm usually 0 poise, low HP, so I gotta keep moving. I prefer to read my opponent's playstyle by dodging for a bit and then once I get an idea what I'm up against, find an opening and counter.

Oh, and my bow, I love my bow, a lot.

---
I uh, don't have any bullets. You gonna give me bullets? Are there bullets up there? Where do I get my gun?
GT: LoneReaper115
#25Bowdownbe4me1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 11:43:08 AM
themefinland posted...
Bows and BSS coupled with the Leo ring, oh man if you don't get hit by that bow you'll get poisoned in between the invis frames and that BSS hits ridiculously hard and fast

Haha, I'm happy to say that the BSS is a new part of my GScythe build. :-P (No room for the leo ring, though).

Sethrothaurion posted...
WotG. Not for the usual reasons, like it's overpowered or cheap. Simply because I have a hard time gauging when to dodge, no matter how many times I see it, or how obvious it is.

Fair enough. What speed roll do you have?

I forgot to mention in my original post that WotG also gives me a lot of trouble due to my inability to roll when running (and I run frequently for run attacks). -Also, the range on WotG seems *massive* every time I encounter it.
---
GT: Bowdownbe4me
YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bowdownbe4me1
#26pjcamperPosted 1/22/2013 11:48:07 AM
Crown Royal
#27finalpope420Posted 1/22/2013 11:55:52 AM
I'd have to say spears however dueling with elitemike has taught me ways around them. As well as buffs, since most of my builds have low vitality I get 2-3 shotted pretty easily (I know you can just run the buffs out, but it just makes the fight even longer and more boring)
---
If you don't stand for something, You'll fall for anything
GT: GreenMartian2X0 official Composite Bow
#28AlpaIPosted 1/22/2013 12:04:10 PM
Magic.

Seriously the lag in this game + Magic makes it seem impossible to consistently dodge.

I almost always lose to magic users in the forest, not because their good....Because I can't freaking beat the lag.
---
I'm Always Right
01/26/2013
#29Cvdf3Posted 1/22/2013 12:06:33 PM
Bowdownbe4me1 posted...
I want to clarify: I mean *real* tactics/strategies which are not generally thought to be "cheap."

Bs'ing, lag, WotG spamming, TWoP, gankers, black magic spamming, etc. is not what I'm trying to get at.

What type of player causes you more trouble than any other? What tactics do they employ? Is it the heavy player, fast player, pokey player, or defensive/offensive player? And *why* does this particular play-style give you trouble?

Nothing is cheap; well ganking and lag (though that is not controllable). Good Spear (read:DWGR 2h poke and roll) users are mine. Bows too at times (I get impatient).
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#30itrainpokemonPosted 1/22/2013 12:10:14 PM
my weaknes is ninja flipers
---
GT- sufinomo
dark souls