What's your Achilles' Heel? Share Your Weakness!

#31anand_ak89Posted 1/22/2013 12:11:55 PM
Unable to PvP.

Also my awesome armor set up lets me down sometimes. It has to be either full havels or no armor with dragon body now. No middle ground as thats clearly for losers.
---
Absolute zero is cool
#32Bowdownbe4me1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 12:20:13 PM
Cvdf3 posted...
Bowdownbe4me1 posted...
I want to clarify: I mean *real* tactics/strategies which are not generally thought to be "cheap."

Bs'ing, lag, WotG spamming, TWoP, gankers, black magic spamming, etc. is not what I'm trying to get at.

What type of player causes you more trouble than any other? What tactics do they employ? Is it the heavy player, fast player, pokey player, or defensive/offensive player? And *why* does this particular play-style give you trouble?

Nothing is cheap

That's a matter of opinion. What I'm trying to say is "I die to lag/WotG/gankers/dark beads/etc, so that's my Achilles heal" is NOT a valid answer, and only serves to derail the real point of this thread, which is to look deeper at your own play-style and think about its shortcomings.

If it's something that gives most anyone trouble (WotG spam when you're having an off-day with dodging, etc), then it doesn't show anything unique about yourself to share that as your "achilles heel." But if you die more often to the cautious player than to the aggressive player, then what does that say about you? How, in what way do you die? What exactly catches you? How can you do better, or is that a necessary downfall of your current build/tactic?
---
GT: Bowdownbe4me
YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bowdownbe4me1
#33Goggs999Posted 1/22/2013 12:34:58 PM
Bowdownbe4me1 posted...
Bs'ing, lag, WotG spamming, TWoP, gankers, black magic spamming, etc. is not what I'm trying to get at.

In that case I'd have to say magic users give me the biggest headache. Probably because I've never made a build primarily based around magic so I'm unfamiliar with their tells, the closest I've come to that is using pyromancies and one or two miracles (mainly buffs and healing spells). Had the game since release and I've never used a single sorcery.

Either that or a dude yesterday with a crystal katana and what seemed like limitless stamina... bell end that he was ;)
#34CentipedeDemonPosted 1/22/2013 12:58:04 PM
Not to many players give me a lot of trouble, but for the sake of this thread, I guess it would be spear users just for the shear annoyance they are.
---
GT: Centipede Demon
Zweihander master race
#35MaydePosted 1/22/2013 1:04:18 PM
Bowdownbe4me1 posted...
I just had this idea for a thread and wanted to see how far it would go.

Out of all your pvp encounters, what strategies/tactics have you found to be the hardest to accommodate?

Also, please DO NOT post strategies/tactics which are generally deemed to be cheap by the community. That's not what this thread is about, and it could quickly derail if we made it about that.

-
For me, as a GScythe user who fights primarily unlocked I find anything that can break my 33 poise to be problematic. It forces me to limit my running attacks because my opponent could easily start a swing as I'm heading towards them and subsequently stun-lock me. -Normally I'd take a trade if I know my poise can handle it.

My other weakness is HCSM. HCSM makes free-running A LOT more dangerous. Anyone who casts it has effectively disabled my running attacks until they shoot off.

Your gs running 2hr2 spam is the only thing that consistently beats me.
---
GT: imaydei
#36panda360Posted 1/22/2013 1:26:25 PM
My main weakness is that my right analogue stick doesn't work properly, if I try to walk forward he literally walks and I can't sprint in that direction either.

If a fight starts I pretty much have to try and tank it out.

It sucks.
#37Bowdownbe4me1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 1:41:22 PM
Mayde posted...
Bowdownbe4me1 posted...

Out of all your pvp encounters, what strategies/tactics have you found to be the hardest to accommodate?

Also, please DO NOT post strategies/tactics which are generally deemed to be cheap by the community. That's not what this thread is about, and it could quickly derail if we made it about that.

-
For me, as a GScythe user who fights primarily unlocked I find anything that can break my 33 poise to be problematic. It forces me to limit my running attacks because my opponent could easily start a swing as I'm heading towards them and subsequently stun-lock me. -Normally I'd take a trade if I know my poise can handle it.

My other weakness is HCSM. HCSM makes free-running A LOT more dangerous. Anyone who casts it has effectively disabled my running attacks until they shoot off.

Spam? Ouch. :'(
---
GT: Bowdownbe4me
YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bowdownbe4me1
#38itrainpokemonPosted 1/22/2013 1:47:21 PM
Mayde posted...
Bowdownbe4me1 posted...

-

---
GT- sufinomo
dark souls
#39Fisto_Posted 1/22/2013 3:12:58 PM
I'll tell you what, I don't get mad at Dark Bead spamming or WoG spamming but when I die to it I get annoyed because I died to some guy who tries SO HARD to win. Just saying.
---
Please assume the position.
#40MaydePosted 1/22/2013 3:16:56 PM
Well the only times I've fought you that's all you've hit me with ( I meant wd2hr1 not r2) :) you peppered in a few r2s but they were easily dodged. The suddeness of the gs running attack coupled with the dead angle and lag makes it quite the formidable foe.
---
GT: imaydei