What's your Achilles' Heel? Share Your Weakness!

#51GregoryChambersPosted 1/22/2013 9:03:03 PM
Heavy weapon, heavy armor PvPers. I always have so much difficulty with them. They can take a ton of hits and deal a ton of damage, and easily knock me off balance. Sometimes I get lucky but when there's a guy with full Havel's/Giants/Tarkus' Armor (Black Steel?) and like an xbox huge sword or axe, I know I'm in for a difficult fight.

And now, mages. If they have Pursuers. Used to be able to make short work of those squishy little shiny shooters, but not anymore.
---
Gamertag: ZipgunOnParade
#52deathmyrkPosted 1/22/2013 9:05:58 PM
My Achilles' Heel is Sorcery and everything having to do with sorcery. That is my Achilles' Heel.
---
XBL GT: Deathmyrk
#53RaptorkittyPosted 1/22/2013 9:10:25 PM
Being bad at anything. That's my weakness.
---
Meow Said the Raptor GT: KittyKitty13
Playing: Demon's Souls
#54Dex_PyromaniacPosted 1/22/2013 9:13:41 PM
I dont really have any specific builds/strategies, but rather certain players as my weakness, who Ive already played enough and they know my style and my tricks a bit too much. Its those guys who you take for an arena match and 9/10 times you end up with a draw lol
---
GFWL - Dex Pyromaniac | Steam - dex_pyromaniac | SFxT mains: Kazuya, Heihachi, Juri, Akuma, Ryu
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff
#55the_curatorPosted 1/22/2013 9:54:53 PM
GregoryChambers posted...
Heavy weapon, heavy armor PvPers. I always have so much difficulty with them. They can take a ton of hits and deal a ton of damage, and easily knock me off balance. Sometimes I get lucky but when there's a guy with full Havel's/Giants/Tarkus' Armor (Black Steel?) and like an xbox huge sword or axe, I know I'm in for a difficult fight.

And now, mages. If they have Pursuers. Used to be able to make short work of those squishy little shiny shooters, but not anymore.

What I would recommend for that is to be very fast with your dodging. Do many counter attacks and use a bow if you are comfortable with that. These are usually the ones I find easier to kill as not many heavy weapons/armor users are good (exceptions do apply as I know there are good ones out there) as many newcomers just stack armor on top of armor and use the biggest baddest weapon out there and just spam attack while shielding up the rest of the time.

Once again I know not all heavy weapon users are like that (I'm looking at giantsir slayer, ironswan666 and OMG_SaveMe, who in my opinion do the heavy weapon/armor right)
---
Yes, miracles I presume? GT- thecurator88
#56WH1TE_N1GHT13Posted 1/22/2013 10:22:28 PM
pjcamper posted...
Crown Royal

Fair nuff...happens to all of us XD
---
XBL GT: WH1TE N1GHT13
The Bastard Sword of GameFAQS
#57deathmyrkPosted 1/22/2013 10:44:12 PM
I've never played Dark Souls while drunk. It doesn't help my case that I am 7 years sober, either.
---
XBL GT: Deathmyrk
#58huntersfightertPosted 1/22/2013 10:58:35 PM
My worst achilles heel is giant wearing armor.

Magic spam users typically wear the crown of dusk, so I put on a Great Magic Weapon spell, and just completely OWN them in less hits then it normally takes.
Miracles, magic and pyromancy, are all limited amount of uses. so just keep rolling and dodging until they run out.

Spear users. I just stay real close to them, because they expect everyone to be far away, but once they see someone get close, they panic. I will wait and let them hit my shield a few times, and once my stamina bar is low enough just for one hit, there bar is probably low as well, and i can hit them and get massive damage.
Also, they tend to hit once and roll away, I will block their hit and roll with them, rather then trying to swing at them right away, I normally can get some damage when they do that

Scythe users, are the EASIEST. THEY ALWAYS do a lunge attack, when my shields not up. I wont even block the lunge attack, i will let them hit me, and then turn around and get a back stab.
#59HoustonBoy98Posted 1/22/2013 11:29:04 PM
people who know how to properly offhand a demon spear while two handed a quicker weapon.

its the complete counter to my entire play style
---
The brighest light, casts the darkest shadow
XBL - Stillnacht
#60deadpool223Posted 1/22/2013 11:38:13 PM
sunderps

every time i invade someone, every single god damn time, there is a sunbaby with a washing poll that back stabs me
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,