What's your Achilles' Heel? Share Your Weakness!

#61MarthApprenticePosted 1/23/2013 5:04:46 AM
People who bait for parties. Parry spammers I can handle easily, but those who know what they're doing annihilate me because I fight so aggressively.
---
GT: DarkReaver647
I killed Solaire. COME AT ME, SUNBROS! (Sunbros that have been angered by this: 1)
#62Dex_PyromaniacPosted 1/23/2013 8:01:37 AM
HoustonBoy98 posted...
people who know how to properly offhand a demon spear while two handed a quicker weapon.

its the complete counter to my entire play style

You can just rollbs offhand demons spears with dwgr. I dont know what you mean by 'properly' but most people with a longspear in off hand will poke with it as soon as you get in range. Also 21 poise+katana running r1 helps. I feel stupid giving you advice though since I know youre like the master PvPer around here xD
---
GFWL - Dex Pyromaniac | Steam - dex_pyromaniac | SFxT mains: Kazuya, Heihachi, Juri, Akuma, Ryu
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff
#63moodyjm2Posted 1/23/2013 8:04:23 AM
My weakness is def a good flipper katana-poker.

Mind-games are my strong suit, but these players can usually out-mind-game me and I get frustrated.

Also, the dead-angle WoG attack is a pretty nifty and catches me quite a bit.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
#64MaydePosted 1/23/2013 8:35:24 AM
Bowdownbe4me1 posted...
Mayde posted...
Well the only times I've fought you that's all you've hit me with ( I meant wd2hr1 not r2) :) you peppered in a few r2s but they were easily dodged. The suddeness of the gs running attack coupled with the dead angle and lag makes it quite the formidable foe.

I'm pretty sure we've only had the one fight. I did record it and just re-watched it to see what you mean, but I don't see it. I used a total of five running attacks, two of which were backsteps, and a good few rolling attacks + hcsm. I also didn't throw any R2s at all. I feel as though I've offended you somewhere along the lines, and I'm sorry for that. Please tell me what I did and how I may make amends. The accusation of spamming and "compliment" of lag making me a formidable foe only serves to discredit me, and that cuts deep. : (

I'm sorry dude I didn't mean to be offensive at all I was just poking fun. I have trouble with scythe users in general I was just using you as a generic example for comedys sake since you started the thread. You didn't offend me at all and there's nothing to make amends for.

You're a great pvper and I need to practice against you some more. The lag comment was more about the gs wd2hr1 in general not our fight in particular.

You definitely outplayed me and I want a rematch. I'll be on my A game next time.
---
GT: imaydei
#65MaydePosted 1/23/2013 8:36:25 AM
SleepComa posted...
Mayde is just bad, if you break everything down like that then nothings fair. Dat uchi lag poked me,cheap. Dat BSS tracking, cheap. Lol

I don't even know you and I never use a BSS.
---
#66moodyjm2Posted 1/23/2013 8:45:44 AM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
HoustonBoy98 posted...
people who know how to properly offhand a demon spear while two handed a quicker weapon.

its the complete counter to my entire play style

You can just rollbs offhand demons spears with dwgr. I dont know what you mean by 'properly' but most people with a longspear in off hand will poke with it as soon as you get in range. Also 21 poise+katana running r1 helps. I feel stupid giving you advice though since I know youre like the master PvPer around here xD

Well Houston, I think you may have just made your first big PvP mistake by showing your weakness :P
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Official Moonlight Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#67St0ve1Posted 1/23/2013 8:19:28 PM
I have a couple of weaknesses, one is that I wear onionbro armor, while everyone else is all paladin/Havel.second I can't dodge roll very well. 3 and finally, I have a tendency to run like a little B**** when I get invaded, which sometimes has caused me to fall off cliffs:/
---
Official BROKEN STRAIGHT SWORD of the dark souls board
#68CStickPosted 1/23/2013 9:57:49 PM
People invading me when I'm doing the storyline/main game, because I am not in PvP preparedness. Pretty sad when you are built for soul-farming and item discovery and you get invaded by bufflight blade within users.

The only 'fair' weakness I have is dealing with parry/riposters, even if I do it myself.
---
I like you Cstick. You got balls. I like balls.~Chesterr01
Southern VA smasher and Official Lifehunt Scythe of Dark Souls
#69kylekillgannonPosted 1/23/2013 10:11:07 PM
There's this really annoying thing people do, called ganking. That always infuriates me.

In singles combat, it's either a hit I took a mile away because of lag or weapons whose hitboxes overall are asinine.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#70MaydePosted 1/23/2013 10:16:19 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
There's this really annoying thing people do, called ganking. That always infuriates me.

In singles combat, it's either a hit I took a mile away because of lag or weapons whose hitboxes overall are asinine.

Feeling that. Can't count how many times I've lost a super good, close, fair fight to some swing that was 20 yards away and in the wrong direction.
---