What's your Achilles' Heel? Share Your Weakness!

#71OMG-save-mePosted 1/23/2013 11:30:14 PM
If I had to pick one thing that always gets me is those ( reactive players ) as bowdown calls them but I prefer to call them meanies :(. For those of you who don't know what I meen, it's those players that dodge all day and only attack after you throw one or you make a mistake. They usually have a flip ring and can dodge for days. I'm not saying its a bad tactic or that people who use this tactic are cheap. Or that all people who use the flip ring do this. I use big strength weapons and am very susceptible to this tactic. Losing to that tactic so many times has left me a bit salty on the matter. I know they are using a good tactic and I know there are ways to counter it but I still can't help but feel cheated after a match where all the ether person does is wait for you to Attack then hit you when you can't dodge.
---
gt OMG Save Me
#72the_curatorPosted 1/23/2013 11:52:27 PM
OMG-save-me posted...
If I had to pick one thing that always gets me is those ( reactive players ) as bowdown calls them but I prefer to call them meanies :(. For those of you who don't know what I meen, it's those players that dodge all day and only attack after you throw one or you make a mistake. They usually have a flip ring and can dodge for days. I'm not saying its a bad tactic or that people who use this tactic are cheap. Or that all people who use the flip ring do this. I use big strength weapons and am very susceptible to this tactic. Losing to that tactic so many times has left me a bit salty on the matter. I know they are using a good tactic and I know there are ways to counter it but I still can't help but feel cheated after a match where all the ether person does is wait for you to Attack then hit you when you can't dodge.

I am not sure if I count as one of those but knowing your style, I can see you counter than and make them pay quite easily. Make it look like you made a mistake only to punish them. The deal with your setups is that if THEY make a mistake they will lose most of their hp right there.
---
Yes, miracles I presume? GT- thecurator88
#73HoustonBoy98Posted 1/24/2013 3:18:27 AM
moodyjm2 posted...
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
HoustonBoy98 posted...
people who know how to properly offhand a demon spear while two handed a quicker weapon.

its the complete counter to my entire play style

You can just rollbs offhand demons spears with dwgr. I dont know what you mean by 'properly' but most people with a longspear in off hand will poke with it as soon as you get in range. Also 21 poise+katana running r1 helps. I feel stupid giving you advice though since I know youre like the master PvPer around here xD

Well Houston, I think you may have just made your first big PvP mistake by showing your weakness :P

I should note it is not a weakness. It is simply not a "I win 90% of my matches against this type of player"

When you play a shortrange rushdown character that swaps a lot on screen for pressure, its hard to keep pressure on against evasion pokes.
Shield spear is easy. There is nothing up close, as soon as you close the distance to a spear/shield user, nothing can possibly allow you to lose. Considering I use Gold Tracer I win every exchange up close. With its attack speed I hit through the invicibility frames

However when someone is using a BSS and an offhandspear, they can poke once and roll forward and swap into pressure. Not an exchange im favorable to win considering my poise is already lowered slightly by the spear hit.
---
The brighest light, casts the darkest shadow
XBL - Stillnacht
#74anand_ak89Posted 1/24/2013 6:03:00 AM
moodyjm2 posted...
My weakness is def a good flipper katana-poker.

Mind-games are my strong suit, but these players can usually out-mind-game me and I get frustrated.

Also, the dead-angle WoG attack is a pretty nifty and catches me quite a bit.

Does that mean I have an upper hand on you? I don't have a mind, especially not for PvP
---
Absolute zero is cool
Official Dragonslayer Spear of the Dark Souls message board
#75J1miPosted 1/24/2013 1:07:23 PM
Before reading the topic: GC, BoC, Sentinels, GMB, Bonewheels, Skeleton Dogs, Darkwraiths (the real AI ones)
---
''I enjoy it... There's something mildly therapeutic about beating the **** out of something with a golf club.'' -Burn-the-light
#76Bowdownbe4me1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 1:28:05 PM
the_curator posted...
OMG-save-me posted...

I am not sure if I count as one of those but knowing your style, I can see you counter than and make them pay quite easily. Make it look like you made a mistake only to punish them. The deal with your setups is that if THEY make a mistake they will lose most of their hp right there.

Don't worry, he doesn't mean you. He means the players that literally flip around for the whole duel and only attack when it's a guaranteed hit. These types never take any chances and (supposing they know their stuff) would never fall for a potential bait because doing so would be a risk. -The epitome of this is the ninja flip spear user.

You and I may flip but we take risks when we attack because, well, frankly playing keep-away is boring as hell.
---
Official chaos server of the Dark Souls Board
YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bowdownbe4me1
#77moodyjm2Posted 1/24/2013 1:36:00 PM
anand_ak89 posted...
moodyjm2 posted...
My weakness is def a good flipper katana-poker.

Mind-games are my strong suit, but these players can usually out-mind-game me and I get frustrated.

Also, the dead-angle WoG attack is a pretty nifty and catches me quite a bit.

Does that mean I have an upper hand on you? I don't have a mind, especially not for PvP

Could be...they def frustrate me. Rolly polly's.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Official Moonlight Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#78OMG-save-mePosted 1/24/2013 5:34:59 PM
Bowdownbe4me1 posted...
the_curator posted...
OMG-save-me posted...

Don't worry, he doesn't mean you. He means the players that literally flip around for the whole duel and only attack when it's a guaranteed hit. These types never take any chances and (supposing they know their stuff) would never fall for a potential bait because doing so would be a risk. -The epitome of this is the ninja flip spear user.

You and I may flip but we take risks when we attack because, well, frankly playing keep-away is boring as hell.

Like bowdown says I don't consider you or him a part of that strategies. I've fought both of you several times and you both throw attacks and be more aggressive. You both are really good players I would never consider losing to either of you as being cheated.
---
gt OMG Save Me
#79Shadow286Posted 1/24/2013 6:33:00 PM
I run an Ornstein build cosplay with GMB. Occaisionally I'll be parried when I'm careless, but my biggest weakness? Wrath of the Gods. Seriously, **** Wrath of the Gods as a mid-roller with no shield.
#80gOwCoD4Posted 1/24/2013 6:39:14 PM
My 'Achilles Heel' is when I get invaded by twinked characters at a low level. You can't do anything to avoid being killed by them unless you're willing to stoop to their level and twink your own equipment as well.

In other words, +5 Lightning Shotel below SL30 is my bane.
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...