Hacking / Modding

#11pro9b17Posted 1/23/2013 8:56:30 PM
pro9b17 posted...
There's a guy PvPing in the Burg right now wearing Giants armor, he has that special hacked armor that gives you super defense. I hit him for about 300 points about six times and it only took off about 1/8 of his health.

Edit: Hit him with what SHOULD have been about 300 points, and ended up only doing about 40 or so.

I think that guy is probably legit and you underestimate the defence of Giant's armor, or overestimate your damage. It is possible he was modding though.

40 * 6 is 240, and if that was exactly 1/8 of his health, that means he had 1920. That's possible to achieve, but 1700-1900 is much easier and would look about the same, so it's doubtful that his health was modded.

What weapon did you use? Does it have damage split between physical and an element? By "SHOULD have been about 300 points", do you mean the weapon is rated for 300, you hit something else for 300, or you hit people with similar armor for 300?

How many pieces of the Giant's set did he have? Any Giant's piece couldn't have been "that special hacked armor", so that would leave the other parts. If he had one of the family masks, that could have been one of the "special" pieces, and added a whopping 6-8 defence over the normal version! More seriously, any pieces of the Havel's, Smough's, Golem, Stone, or Guardian's sets could easily be the "special" version and have insane defence.

A +5 Chaos Blade at 10 humanity and 45 DEX. It deals like 300-400 damage on average with a R1 attack. Even full Havel armor isn't gonna bring the damage down to just 40. He didn't have Iron Flesh up either, he was flipping around.
---
http://i.imgur.com/EFYRV.gif
#12BaalbusterxboxPosted 1/23/2013 9:08:34 PM
The newer loser move is to mod armor, it deludes the modded player into thinking they're not really cheating... It's stupid and if that was the case that you only did 40 damage it was modded armor
---
War pick + leo
#13Krauser86Posted 1/23/2013 9:17:53 PM(edited)
If Chaos Blade ever hits 40 damage, it is modded armour.

The only time it will hit 40 damage otherwise is if it is at risk/broken, possibly.
---
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Poppy Bros. Junior! Poppy Bros. Senior!
#14Gaara_fan151Posted 1/23/2013 9:52:01 PM(edited)
Soul_Of_Miller posted...
How the hell do these guys do this? Do they go somewhere and get their Xbox tweaked?

What's the point in running around as a lvl 1 with max stats or infinite HP?

It just ruins the game. Not only for them but for other people.

Really wish they could fix this. Even though I'm sure it's been stated 1000 times over.

But on a brighter side, here's what's funny about a modded/hacked player :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQg1raJ8I7Y

Mods & hacks don't equal skill.

You can do both ways: software and hardware. Though I'm not going too deep on this because I might get modded for that, software is simple as possible, transfer your save game over to your pc, open a save editor, edit what you want and boom, you know have a god-like character.

Or you could have your apply some hardware hack to your xbox, and put some trainers in your game, then you can mod your status, weapons, armors, etc on the fly, like they do in the pc version. But to be online with this hack is nigh-impossible so if you see someone with a modded character, it's probably done by software.

Hope that helps you...though I'd advise against doing what I just told ya =P.

EDIT: typos.
---
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the of Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
#15HoustonBoy98Posted 1/24/2013 3:21:10 AM
Gravesworn posted...
Nope, no hardware tweaks required. Just a piece of software and an attitude of demented tool.

It takes the attitude of a demented tool to experiment with programming software?

Then I must inform you that your entire technological life is based on a bunch of asshoes
---
The brighest light, casts the darkest shadow
XBL - Stillnacht
#16Oey666Posted 1/24/2013 4:35:59 AM
HoustonBoy98 posted...
Gravesworn posted...
Nope, no hardware tweaks required. Just a piece of software and an attitude of demented tool.

It takes the attitude of a demented tool to experiment with programming software?

Then I must inform you that your entire technological life is based on a bunch of asshoes

Oh, come on!
---
Reason over religion
#17anand_ak89Posted 1/24/2013 5:28:25 AM
HoustonBoy98 posted...
Gravesworn posted...

Seconded
---
Absolute zero is cool
Official Dragonslayer Spear of the Dark Souls message board
#18GraveswornPosted 1/24/2013 5:38:21 AM
HoustonBoy98 posted...
Gravesworn posted...

Nice misquote there;)
Duly noted though if I may point out TC asked for an opinion regarding modding ingame. Not modding/experimenting with programming software for the sake of it.
---
GT: Gravesworn >I put FUN in the funeral<
Official < B >Dark Hand< / B > of the Dark Souls Board
#19HoustonBoy98Posted 1/24/2013 10:51:56 AM(edited)
Gravesworn posted...
HoustonBoy98 posted...
Gravesworn posted...

Nice misquote there;)
Duly noted though if I may point out TC asked for an opinion regarding modding ingame. Not modding/experimenting with programming software for the sake of it.

Exactly

My character is modded into oblivion

Impossible color pallet on my skin tone.
Cartoon eyes. stat renames.

All based on my experimentation of modding. You assuming all of us that mod are somehow inherently bad is rather stupid

Although I must say I do present the attitude of a demented person quite often, so I may just be proving your point
---
Official Gold Tracer of the Dark Souls Board. Find someone. Rushdown Move on.
XBL - Stillnacht