Just got Dark Souls.

#1bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 1/25/2013 6:54:29 PM
What class and gift should I choose?
---
Games I'm looking forward to: State of Decay, GTA V, Dead Space 3
Currently playing: Halo Wars, Black Ops 2, Dungeon Defenders
#2andy12handyPosted 1/25/2013 6:56:07 PM
Literally the first two questions on the sticky.
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
-The fist of the Dark Souls Xbox 360 Boards-
#3RPGNinja123Posted 1/25/2013 6:58:03 PM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
What class and gift should I choose?

What he is saying is click on the very first topic that of this forum.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#4bLiNdSnIpErZ20(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:33:45 PM
Ya it is on the sticky, but I don't want to read what they posted. I wanted to see what your opinion is.
---
Games I'm looking forward to: State of Decay, GTA V, Dead Space 3
Currently playing: Halo Wars, Black Ops 2, Dungeon Defenders
#5andy12handyPosted 1/25/2013 7:35:20 PM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
Ya it is on the sticky, but I don't want to read what they posted. I wanted to see what your opinion is.

If you read what was on the sticky you would know why it would be futile for us to post our opinions...
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
-The fist of the Dark Souls Xbox 360 Boards-
#6BlazingxPaddlesPosted 1/25/2013 7:37:51 PM
Pyromancer, master key.

Enjoy.
#7LoneReaper115Posted 1/25/2013 7:38:26 PM
There really is no best class to start and pretty much all of the gifts can be obtained at some point or another, but some are more useful than others.
---
GT: LoneReaper115
Official Chaos Composite Bow of the Dark Souls message board
#8LoneReaper115Posted 1/25/2013 7:43:38 PM
BlazingxPaddles posted...
Pyromancer, master key.

Enjoy.

I don't know if I can recommend the master key to a new person, since it lets you deviate from the intended path, which can let you enter areas that a newer player might not be prepared to handle.
---
GT: LoneReaper115
Official Chaos Composite Bow of the Dark Souls message board
#9Koala262Posted 1/25/2013 7:52:10 PM
Pyromancer and Master Key is generally considered to be the best combo. It's what I used on my first playthrough. Any magic using character will generally be easier to play. Starting character has basically no bearing on the game, unless you are strictly playing for PvP, because after the first two areas you can level up and mold the character into anything you want.

With that being said, the magic users are slightly better because you can pump a few points into strength and dex to use the best weapons while also having spells at your disposal for tougher enemies and bosses.
---
----
---
#10RPGNinja123Posted 1/25/2013 7:53:36 PM
LoneReaper115 posted...
BlazingxPaddles posted...
Pyromancer, master key.

Enjoy.

I don't know if I can recommend the master key to a new person, since it lets you deviate from the intended path, which can let you enter areas that a newer player might not be prepared to handle.

I would still recommend it, because the game even let's you KNOW when you are using the Master Key. So you know it deviates because it says "Master Key used" or whatever.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV