Dark souls 2 wish list

#51SolidHaseoPosted 1/28/2013 7:22:45 AM
Ephidel88 posted...
Add an option to remain in online mode, yet not be invadable while human. Some people, like me would like to be able to play the game, become human, and not be forced to kill myself to avoid the inevitable invasion in the middle of a fight.

If for no other reason, then because it's a waste of humanity when you want to kindle a bonfire and use up 2 humanity to just kill yourself.

I want this so much
---
Official Husband of Fei Rin in the AR Board
AR Main: Fei Rin
#52BaalbusterxboxPosted 1/28/2013 7:55:00 AM
SolidHaseo posted...
Ephidel88 posted...
Add an option to remain in online mode, yet not be invadable while human. Some people, like me would like to be able to play the game, become human, and not be forced to kill myself to avoid the inevitable invasion in the middle of a fight.

If for no other reason, then because it's a waste of humanity when you want to kindle a bonfire and use up 2 humanity to just kill yourself.

I want this so much

Just play offline, this would.... Miss the point of the game, like it or not but its seriously a very big staple of the series... If you need to kindle bonfires and such and don't want invasions.... Play offline.... But that would be akin to an easy mode... Or suddenly combat becomes like devil may cry paced leaping four stories into the air nonsense.... Certain things shouldn't change, especially when all you have to do is not play online....

Luckily I'm quite sure it's not even an option that from would put that in... Demon souls had a banishment spell, that cast out phantoms, maybe they should add that except have it be 3 slots and take 30seconds to cast.... Or maybe instead people who don't want to be invaded but still play online should pick up a different game... Not trying to be a jerk, but the game isn't for everyone, and that's not meant as an insult, some people don't like the slower paced combat, or the careful timing required to progress through the game or land a slow moving weapon.... But that doesn't mean that the game should cater... It's a great game, it isn't dmc, cod, dragon age or skyrim... T

This complaint would change the core principle that gave the game critical acclaim, it's multiplayer is usually described with the adjectives innovative, creative and unique.... All things that if ever used to describe something, that thing shouldn't be changed... That said, it is a wish list... So I respect your wish.

I'd rather as I've said before like to see a better balance of elemental weapons in regards to low level griefing... If they made them scale to level as opposed to flat high damage (if damage caps at sl 100, where the elementals would do their regular damage at that point, low level griefing would be more difficult for the griefer, especially if at level 1 theyre doing 70-140 ar)

then new players having a difficult time with being invaded would be able to compete... Nothing worse than invading or being invaded by someone who can't damage you in any significant way... Especially if they're persistent in trying to kill you instead of bcing out.
---
War pick + leo
#53SolidHaseoPosted 1/28/2013 8:20:13 AM
Baalbusterxbox posted...
SolidHaseo posted...
Ephidel88 posted...

I want this so much

Just play offline, this would.... Miss the point of the game, like it or not but its seriously a very big staple of the series... If you need to kindle bonfires and such and don't want invasions.... Play offline.... But that would be akin to an easy mode... Or suddenly combat becomes like devil may cry paced leaping four stories into the air nonsense.... Certain things shouldn't change, especially when all you have to do is not play online....

Luckily I'm quite sure it's not even an option that from would put that in... Demon souls had a banishment spell, that cast out phantoms, maybe they should add that except have it be 3 slots and take 30seconds to cast.... Or maybe instead people who don't want to be invaded but still play online should pick up a different game... Not trying to be a jerk, but the game isn't for everyone, and that's not meant as an insult, some people don't like the slower paced combat, or the careful timing required to progress through the game or land a slow moving weapon.... But that doesn't mean that the game should cater... It's a great game, it isn't dmc, cod, dragon age or skyrim... T

This complaint would change the core principle that gave the game critical acclaim, it's multiplayer is usually described with the adjectives innovative, creative and unique.... All things that if ever used to describe something, that thing shouldn't be changed... That said, it is a wish list... So I respect your wish.

I'd rather as I've said before like to see a better balance of elemental weapons in regards to low level griefing... If they made them scale to level as opposed to flat high damage (if damage caps at sl 100, where the elementals would do their regular damage at that point, low level griefing would be more difficult for the griefer, especially if at level 1 theyre doing 70-140 ar)

then new players having a difficult time with being invaded would be able to compete... Nothing worse than invading or being invaded by someone who can't damage you in any significant way... Especially if they're persistent in trying to kill you instead of bcing out.

Some of us would like to co-op but don't wanna get invaded, at least I only hate it cause I get invaded by higher level people or people who do low SL level runs and have higher gear, I especially hate it when it fails, I just hide when it starts to happen only to fail, they need to make covenants matter more I guess for that, I like co-op so if I choose a co-op covenant, i can't PVP at all till I swicth....
---
#54BaalbusterxboxPosted 1/28/2013 9:26:19 AM
I can appreciate why you'd want this, especially if you picked up the game after the bs glitch was patched... A lot of people abused this, a lot of people who probably couldn't have made it through the game at a very low level, and that was an oversight on froms end that really messed things up for a lot of people... But there would be other ways to counter the measure, I'd be fine with a ring that effectively takes multiplayer out of the game, but the whole invasion thing is a huge part of the game, even with npc invasions... But my suggestion would be that elemental weapons would no longer give a set damage, an sl 1 with a +5 chaos would give a little less than the damage of a +15 version of the same... And have it scale up to 100 where it would be a little less damage than an optimized +15.... It sucks getting invaded by a jerk that just bbed his gear months ago and still his favorite pvp is to dark wraith at the parish to own some "noobs" who can't even damage them... It's ridiculous and annoying and sadly, just an integral part of the game.

I'd just propose finding a solution to low level griefing where even a +5 regular weapon could take on a +5 chaos weapon where the guys got +10 every armor and you hit for 20 points on a bs.... That's not fun and the definition of op... Others have proposed finding a cliff, or utilizing bleed weapons... Both are fine options IMO, but not really in the heads of a new player. The thing that always bothers me about griefing and why I never do it is I'd rather see people continue to play, and a bunch of d'ck wraiths can cause someone to stop playing altogether... One could say "that's dark souls" and pat themselves on their backs with their vain superiority complex routed in a modicum of life failures... But I'd rather see te community grow, more people love the game how it is and watch the souls series and games like it continue to be made with the same integrity, but with better programming and no game breaking glitches that need to get patched in a stage that is far too late and pretty much just gimps everyone who didn't use the exploit....

That said, the invasion mechanic is great, and I'd hate to see them change that aspect, when it's really the result of a bug that should have been caught before release.... Especially one so easy to find....

Wouldn't solve low level griefing but at least it would be reserved to people who are probably good enough to get bored with pvping without competition.
---
War pick + leo
#55SolidHaseoPosted 1/28/2013 11:05:44 AM
Baalbusterxbox posted...
I can appreciate why you'd want this, especially if you picked up the game after the bs glitch was patched... A lot of people abused this, a lot of people who probably couldn't have made it through the game at a very low level, and that was an oversight on froms end that really messed things up for a lot of people... But there would be other ways to counter the measure, I'd be fine with a ring that effectively takes multiplayer out of the game, but the whole invasion thing is a huge part of the game, even with npc invasions... But my suggestion would be that elemental weapons would no longer give a set damage, an sl 1 with a +5 chaos would give a little less than the damage of a +15 version of the same... And have it scale up to 100 where it would be a little less damage than an optimized +15.... It sucks getting invaded by a jerk that just bbed his gear months ago and still his favorite pvp is to dark wraith at the parish to own some "noobs" who can't even damage them... It's ridiculous and annoying and sadly, just an integral part of the game.

I'd just propose finding a solution to low level griefing where even a +5 regular weapon could take on a +5 chaos weapon where the guys got +10 every armor and you hit for 20 points on a bs.... That's not fun and the definition of op... Others have proposed finding a cliff, or utilizing bleed weapons... Both are fine options IMO, but not really in the heads of a new player. The thing that always bothers me about griefing and why I never do it is I'd rather see people continue to play, and a bunch of d'ck wraiths can cause someone to stop playing altogether... One could say "that's dark souls" and pat themselves on their backs with their vain superiority complex routed in a modicum of life failures... But I'd rather see te community grow, more people love the game how it is and watch the souls series and games like it continue to be made with the same integrity, but with better programming and no game breaking glitches that need to get patched in a stage that is far too late and pretty much just gimps everyone who didn't use the exploit....

That said, the invasion mechanic is great, and I'd hate to see them change that aspect, when it's really the result of a bug that should have been caught before release.... Especially one so easy to find....

Wouldn't solve low level griefing but at least it would be reserved to people who are probably good enough to get bored with pvping without competition.

Then make it take level AND gear into account when invading, had guy with good gear and flaming greatsword, almost killed him too with Pivot BS but then he one-shot me with it, another was guy wearing channeler set and buffed zombie dudes and killed me, I hate stuff like that, or maybe make an item that banishes invaders but has a 10 min cooldown (both guys were barely 10 min from each other)
---