Got 1000/1000, just wanted to thank the community

#1joemama3434Posted 1/28/2013 2:33:41 AM
Dark souls is probably one of the best gaming experiences I've had in a long time. The first playthrough was was an amazing, challenging, and satisfying experience. Taking down a boss demon for the first time after dying 10 times prior was very rewarding..... you all know the feeling.

What truly made Dark Souls so great though, was its incorporation of multiplayer. Summoning / invading was a very unique take on co-op and pvp.

Just wanted to say thanks to the gamefaq community for helping me out in my noob moments.

To the phantoms who helped me defeat the iron golem for the first time, thank you.

To the dark spirits who got my heart pumping by invading me and spicing up the gameplay, thank you.

To those of you I invaded in Anor Londo, only to search the entire area and leave in confusion because you were disguised as a pot, piss off.

See you guys on Dark Souls 2!
#2Necro_Fear89Posted 1/28/2013 3:50:14 AM
You're not done yet, now try a Gravelord playthrough.
---
"Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended..."
#3Sylus2015Posted 1/28/2013 7:25:37 AM
To those of you I invaded in Anor Londo, only to search the entire area and leave in confusion because you were disguised as a pot, piss off.

I actually find this pretty hilarious. I've never had that happen to me (though I have had someone disguise themselves fairly conspicuously as a pillar in Kiln), but I can imagine how frustrating that would be.
---
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent and discerning if he holds his tongue - Proverbs 17:28
For all intents and purposes, just know me as The Mute...
#4BlazingxPaddlesPosted 1/28/2013 8:46:28 AM
Gravelording is so boring. I've NEVER had anyone come through for me.
#5RPGNinja123Posted 1/28/2013 8:48:46 AM
BlazingxPaddles posted...
Gravelording is so boring. I've NEVER had anyone come through for me.

That is because if they are on their first playthrough they are not threatened but your Gravelording since they don't receive black phantoms till NG+.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#6joemama3434(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:17:59 AM
Sylus2015 posted...

I actually find this pretty hilarious. I've never had that happen to me (though I have had someone disguise themselves fairly conspicuously as a pillar in Kiln), but I can imagine how frustrating that would be.

Wow I didn't even know you could invade the kiln. That's awesome!
#7Sylus2015Posted 1/28/2013 1:23:04 PM
Sylus2015 posted...

In my brief time spent hanging around the Kiln, it was a hotbed for PvP and Co-Op. So many Sunlight Medals were earned from jolly cooperation.
---
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent and discerning if he holds his tongue - Proverbs 17:28
For all intents and purposes, just know me as The Mute...
#8LoneReaper115Posted 1/28/2013 1:56:37 PM
Sylus2015 posted...
Sylus2015 posted...

In my brief time spent hanging around the Kiln, it was a hotbed for PvP and Co-Op. So many Sunlight Medals were earned from jolly cooperation.

I had a brief time where I would hide as a random plant somewhere in the forest. Good times, good times.
---
GT: LoneReaper115
Official Chaos Composite Bow of the Dark Souls message board
#9kingnahum17Posted 1/28/2013 2:41:19 PM
I still hide as stuff in places. Particularly, the Painted World, Anor Londo, and the Forest are damn good places. I never tried the kiln but I imagine it'd be good to. If you can get in a good spot, Sen's Fortress can be hell for the invader (but that's a hard one to place yourself correctly). I find Dukes to be fairly hard to place yourself well in, since your disguised the the least occurring object in the level.

Chameleon is freaking awesome for trolling.
---
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Need gaming help? Go here: http://www.youtube.com/kingnahum17
#10TheAnalogKid06Posted 1/28/2013 4:00:17 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFQVZ2h0V8

Congrats TC. I I just got my 1000/1000 last week. It was such a good feeling. I'm playing through Demons Souls now trying to get the Platinum trophy for that. I've just finished all the #-1 levels. It's a lot easier than Dark Souls IMO.
---
GT: TheAnalogKid06