I hate magic users.

#21kingnahum17Posted 1/30/2013 7:01:45 PM
Some guy stun locked me and I lost 40 humanity and I died again when I got invaded by the same guy on the way to grab my blood stain. I forgot about toggling until like 5 minutes after the fight and was pretty fired up about losing all that to something I could have prevented. So whether you use it or not it can save you sometimes.

On the magic topic. The fact that ya'll hate magic so much is the reason why I make builds like that. If someone beats me that bad with a build, why not use it again numerous people worse than me? If I hate the cheapness then a lot of others will to. Don't get me wrong, though. I still like certain "fun" builds as well.

Personally I like my philosophy.
---
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Need gaming help? Go here: http://www.youtube.com/kingnahum17
#22RPGNinja123Posted 1/30/2013 7:05:33 PM(edited)
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
Can you give me one legit reason as to why the developers put hyper armor on, and prioritized the weapon switch animation over every other one, including hitstun? If it wasnt for breaking out of stunlock then do tell me why. Im sure the devs never intended for dark souls to be a stat based game, so its safe to say that this little 'trick' was put in the game for these reasons.

They didn't put hyper armor, in... REAL Hyper Armor is from Demon souls where you could tank while swinging a heavy weapon. They took that out in this game. And what the hell are you talking about that they didn't intend Dark Souls to be a stat based game? It has stats in it to begin with.

Apparently you never heard of "programming oversights".
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#23Dex_PyromaniacPosted 1/30/2013 7:15:25 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
Can you give me one legit reason as to why the developers put hyper armor on, and prioritized the weapon switch animation over every other one, including hitstun? If it wasnt for breaking out of stunlock then do tell me why. Im sure the devs never intended for dark souls to be a stat based game, so its safe to say that this little 'trick' was put in the game for these reasons.

They didn't put hyper armor, in... REAL Hyper Armor is from Demon souls where you could tank while swinging a heavy weapon. They took that out in this game. And what the hell are you talking about that they didn't intend Dark Souls to be a stat based game? It has stats in it to begin with.

Yes it has stats in it. It can also be easily cleared without raising those stats. So no, its not a 'stat based game' as ive said before, its a 'skill based game'. Just as how someone whos good at the game and plays naked will beat someone whos bad at the game in full giants armor every single time in pvp.

And WTH are YOU talking about with no hyper armor? Hyper armor is essentially infinite poise... which the weapon switch animation just so happens to give. Thus hyper armor. Making it so that you do stagger while switching weapons probably wouldve been easier from the programming point of things.
---
GFWL - Dex Pyromaniac | Steam - dex_pyromaniac | SFxT mains: Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, Juri, Akuma
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff
#24RPGNinja123Posted 1/30/2013 7:33:48 PM(edited)
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...

Yes it has stats in it. It can also be easily cleared without raising those stats. So no, its not a 'stat based game' as ive said before, its a 'skill based game'. Just as how someone whos good at the game and plays naked will beat someone whos bad at the game in full giants armor every single time in pvp.

And WTH are YOU talking about with no hyper armor? Hyper armor is essentially infinite poise... which the weapon switch animation just so happens to give. Thus hyper armor. Making it so that you do stagger while switching weapons probably wouldve been easier from the programming point of things.

It is a stat and skill based game when it comes to PvPing which is what we have been talking about in regards to stunlocking. Nobody complains about stunlocking that much in PvE get real.

The original term "Hyper Armor" in regards to the Souls series is what I described before in Demon Souls. So what is at display here is not "hyper armor" since you aren't swinging a weapon. Yes it is infinite poise nobody is disputing that so I don't get exactly what point you are trying to make.

You actually are proving my point how pointless is it to have a mechanism of infinite poise when they put a poise system in place? They obviously wanted you to use the poise system and not toggle switching. And guess what? There are many things that left in the game that they chose not to fix despite all the patches. Trying to get rid of it would probably cause more problems than solve. So no the developers probably didn't intend for that to be in the game at all, otherwise take out the poise system altogether.

So once again stunlocking is extremely cheap if that is your solution for combating it.
---
#25localizedfreedoPosted 1/30/2013 7:43:42 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...
pro9b17 posted...
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...
They are easy to dodge, at least its better than stunlocking people who pretend to be good.

But not as good as people who cant toggle escape and pretend to be good.

The fact that you have to use something called toggle escape proves that stunlocking is cheap. It is a work around to the poise system. You are cheating the system.

Could you explain what you mean by stunlocking being a work around to the poise system? I thought that if you have a certain amount of poise, it prevents stunlock depending on the weapon and how much poise you have.

What I mean is if you toggle escape correctly, you can never get stunlocked even with zero poise. The game developers DEFINITELY never intended for that to happen.

So for the idiots who say "Wow you get stunlocked? Lol noob just toggle escape" I don't do it because that is effectively cheating. And stunlocking is cheap if that is the solution they have to provide to combat it.

Lol, yeah, I'm an "idiot" because I'm the one who doesn't eat 1800 damage off, effectively, one lucky hit.

I've got an article that sounds like it was TAILORED for the education you need.

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html
---
GT: ii Messatsu ii
DIVINE CLAYMORE of the Dark Souls
#26Dex_PyromaniacPosted 1/30/2013 7:46:25 PM
Theres no point in arguing with you because you will just ignore what i say and keep saying the same argument.

The poise system SHOULDNT be used for tanking hits from weapons and for not getting stunlocked. Thats right, its misused by almost everyone in a 'cheap' way because it can be. Poise should be used strictly to allow heavy or medium speed weapons to connect their hits vs faster weapons. Thing is, the system is flawed as f*** because the game doesnt make a difference whether you have a katana equipped or a zweihander, and both can achieve a metric s***ton amount of poise.

And I know nobody is complaining about stunlocking in pve. Are you just trying to troll me or does my argument really just go over your head? Im not sure so Ill spell it out for you.

The weapon switch animation gives you infinite poise AKA hyper armor (the term hyper armor didnt come from demon souls btw, it came from fighters unsurprisingly, and it basically means not getting interrupted during a movement, such as in this case weapon switching) WHY WOULD the developers allow the weapon switch animation to have infinite poise on it AND have it prioritized over ALL other animations, if not for escaping stunlocks? They wouldnt go to that extent to give such properties to the weapon switch animation for freakin nothing dude
---
GFWL - Dex Pyromaniac | Steam - dex_pyromaniac | SFxT mains: Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, Juri, Akuma
#27RPGNinja123Posted 1/30/2013 7:49:07 PM

Lol, yeah, I'm an "idiot" because I'm the one who doesn't eat 1800 damage off, effectively, one lucky hit.

I've got an article that sounds like it was TAILORED for the education you need.

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

Never even heard of that site before, but you were quick to point it out. Sounds like spend a lot of time on that site. It makes perfect sense now with the statements you make.

You did demonstrate you are an idiot by completely missing the point though.
---
#28RPGNinja123Posted 1/30/2013 7:54:12 PM(edited)
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
Theres no point in arguing with you because you will just ignore what i say and keep saying the same argument.

The poise system SHOULDNT be used for tanking hits from weapons and for not getting stunlocked. Thats right, its misused by almost everyone in a 'cheap' way because it can be. Poise should be used strictly to allow heavy or medium speed weapons to connect their hits vs faster weapons. Thing is, the system is flawed as f*** because the game doesnt make a difference whether you have a katana equipped or a zweihander, and both can achieve a metric s***ton amount of poise.

And I know nobody is complaining about stunlocking in pve. Are you just trying to troll me or does my argument really just go over your head? Im not sure so Ill spell it out for you.

The weapon switch animation gives you infinite poise AKA hyper armor (the term hyper armor didnt come from demon souls btw, it came from fighters unsurprisingly, and it basically means not getting interrupted during a movement, such as in this case weapon switching) WHY WOULD the developers allow the weapon switch animation to have infinite poise on it AND have it prioritized over ALL other animations, if not for escaping stunlocks? They wouldnt go to that extent to give such properties to the weapon switch animation for freakin nothing dude

Then don't bring up trying to beat the game at level 1 and how that is an excuse for it not being a "stat based game". We have been talking about PvP this entire time, to even bring up a statement like that is irrelevant. You need stats and skill to compete in the PvP realm.

Why would developers allow it? The same reason developers ALLOW a lot of things to go unfixed. Whether it is due to time or money, resources or a bunch of other factors. Didn't you read my post? The reason nobody can argue with you is because you have blinders on the entire time and you just keep on spouting your views.

I know the PC board is slow for you but that is no reason to take things out of thin air and try to mold something out of it.
---
#29CentipedeDemonPosted 1/30/2013 7:55:22 PM
Hate magic users? Dodge their attacks. Not that hard. Though I do believe that mage characters is for low skill level players, as long as you dodge,you take away the ability for them to be 'good'. Just dodge and be patient. Then you should be able to kill every scrub.mage out there.

On the topic of stunlocking. If you think its op, stack poise, if you feel the toggle switch is ridiculous, don't rely on stunlocking to win. Problem solved.

If you refuse to stack poise for fashion souls, or because you're so 1337 you don't need it, why are you complaining about being stunlocked? It's a risk you willingly take by not utilizing that aspect of the game.
---
GT: Centipede Demon
Zweihander master race
#30Dex_PyromaniacPosted 1/30/2013 7:56:28 PM
lol I thought you were such a cool guy but you are so damn antagonistic with everyone who has something to say you dont agree with its not even funny :(

My whole point is that they didnt allow it to have hyper armor but they intended it to have hyper armor, you know, because from a programming point of view (as i already said... -.-) it actually takes more work IMO to give these properties to the weapon switch, then to just have it interrupted by a hit like every other move and not have it prioritized over hitstun.
---