I hate magic users.

#201ChaoticKnucklesPosted 1/31/2013 1:20:57 PM
GamingSoHard posted...
localizedfreedo posted...
GamingSoHard posted...
ChaoticKnuckles posted...
Despite all of the hostility going back and forth in this thread, it looks to me like people are missing freedo's point. The point is that NOTHING that is programmed into the game and is available to both players is "cheap". If you want an "honest fight", coordinate with whoever you want to duel beforehand, agree on some rules and go from there. Expecting a random to adhere to some message board code of conduct is ridiculous.

If I invade someone and bow to them and they proceed to get in a free hit while I'm bowing is it cheap? No it isn't. No one forced me to bow to that person. I chose to do so and that was my consequence. The same applies to toggle escape or stunlocking, or Divine Blessings. Don't want to use them? Fine that's your prerogative but other players aren't cheap for making them a part of their tactics. All that stuff is available to you as well, if you choose not to use it you're restricting yourself for no good reason.

How is toggle escaping available to both players? One guy is stunlocking and the other is toggle escaping.

And when the other stunlocks guy 1 back, guy 1 can toggle out too. Derp a herpa

Except two people can drink a divine blessing at the same time you can't toggle escape at the same time. Learn to read. Derp derp.

Perhaps you should learn to read since my post is the one you attempted to pull "toggle escaping at the same time" from even though I made no mention of both players doing it at the same time.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#202GamingSoHardPosted 1/31/2013 1:25:08 PM
That is my whole point, I thought you were talking about all these things that both players can do at the same time, but you had to clarify that, since you were also talking about divine blessings as well you obviously didn't read the previous posts before.

So once again read carefully.
#203KaeporoPosted 1/31/2013 1:25:26 PM
I don't generally have issues with magic users. It's easy enough to switch to a character that has access to Great Magic Barrier. The only sorceries which I find to be a significant threat are Dark Bead, Pursuers, and Crystal Soul Spear...and like pretty much everything, they all have solid counters.
---
Gamertag-Kaeporo
Official Zweihander of the Dark Souls board
#204CovreaperPosted 1/31/2013 1:32:20 PM
BB Glitch - Never saw it as cheap. Always saw it as a way to reroll characters more quickly than without. I was remiss to see it leave. ..snip..

I have no problem with them doing it for the purpose of remaking characters but when people used it to grief the low levels with weapons that they didn't obtain with that character then it was cheap (as well as being an arseface).

Why is there no reason I should continue to land hits if you have no poise and I have a weapon that stuns you?

Because a method to get out of it exists.

True but if you were stunlocked because of your own fault or their in/genius tactics they deserve the win, if they can do it.

I can't know for certain, obviously, but all the little indicators lean heavily that way.

They might have left it in on purpose or they may have just went "meh we're going to go work on DkS II." Also, they may have been forced to leave it in due to the possibility that fixing it would cause numerous problems that would be worse.

And, no, I'm not imposing anything on anyone. By calling it cheap, you're saying I shouldn't / can't do it, or discrediting victories I achieve whilst doing it. By saying it isn't cheap, I'm saying everyone has a right to do it - not making you.

True but just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you should just because you can/want to. I guess the easiest comparison to toggle escaping for me is the roll negation of damage and status effects (bleed, poison, and toxin). Can you roll out of it, yes, should you because you don't want bled out or poisoned/toxic, no. Use a red/purple/flowering purple moss to clear the effects or if you must use a DB (though that is irritating as well). Now if they're a modding SoB then by all means use what ever you want to on them to make them rage (I'm not very fond of modders if you can't tell lol).
---
Gamertag: Covreaper
#205localizedfreedoPosted 1/31/2013 1:33:21 PM
GamingSoHard posted...
That is my whole point, I thought you were talking about all these things that both players can do at the same time, but you had to clarify that, since you were also talking about divine blessings as well you obviously didn't read the previous posts before.

You just pulled it from thin air. No one ever said simultaneously anything. Lmao.
---
GT: ii Messatsu ii
DIVINE CLAYMORE of the Dark Souls
#206CovreaperPosted 1/31/2013 1:34:44 PM
AlpaI posted...
Lol.

Not gonna lie, I chuckled at that. Was reading the posts then a random lol appeared at the end.
---
#207ChaoticKnucklesPosted 1/31/2013 1:35:10 PM
GamingSoHard posted...

I shouldn't have had to clarify anything. No one should be debating the cheapness of stunlocking or toggle escaping without knowing what they both are. And if you know what they both are then it's obvious that both players can't toggle escape at the same time. You honestly couldn't see that the reason I tossed Divine Blessings into that statement was because they're labeled as cheap which is what the entire issue in this thread has become?

I find it hard to believe that you honestly thought I meant that two people could stunlock each other at the same time or toggle escape at the same time.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#208GamingSoHardPosted 1/31/2013 1:35:23 PM
GamingSoHard posted...

You just pulled it from thin air. No one ever said simultaneously anything. Lmao.

I AM saying that. I am saying it pointless to have simulataneous toggles since he brought up divine blessings before that is why I thought it made no sense.

And good job continuing to dodge the post about you providing no evidence whatsoever to support your claims.
#209AlpaI(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:36:07 PM
Covreaper posted...
AlpaI posted...
Lol.

Not gonna lie, I chuckled at that. Was reading the posts then a random lol appeared at the end.

It's all I could think to add to this topic.

I made a rage topic about magic users I PvP'd against and 200 posts later people are arguing over toggle-escaping and stun-locking.
---
I'm Always Right
#210CovreaperPosted 1/31/2013 1:40:35 PM(edited)
AlpaI posted...
Covreaper posted...
AlpaI posted...
Lol.

It's all I could think to add to this topic.

I made a rage topic about magic users I PvP'd against and 200 posts later people are arguing over toggle-escaping and stun-locking.

It happens more often than not. Happend to me and I accidentally forced a topic wayyyyyy off course. But I posted a messaged relating directly to the (original) topic and left. And a lot of rage over sorceries comes from the players having a slightly less than ideal connection, least all of mine have been b/c of lag.
---