I hate magic users.

#221CentipedeDemonPosted 1/31/2013 3:27:17 PM
I have 14 fingers.
---
GT: Centipede Demon
Zweihander master race
#222CovreaperPosted 1/31/2013 3:30:10 PM
localizedfreedo posted...
And your weapon does much, much more in that scenario. And you're rewarded with an extra hit in a lot online situations due to latency, whereas my weapon digs in for just a couple hundred points.

But catching me one time shouldn't mean you get to combo out for the kill. Toggle escapes fix that problem.

Course it does...it's a power weapon it should do more damage. The katana can be swung a lot more often than the spear can and it has the bleed property which would technically make it stronger depending on how the toons' stats were placed and equipment.

Alright let's say that we both have a katana, a fire katana, and I still stunlock you after we trade blows. We're doing the same damage yet you're going to use a programming glitch to eek out of the fact that you took the light and speedy route while I took the heavy and slow route. Toggle escape may "fix" the problem of stunlocking for the 0 poise crowd but it just makes the game unfair and one sided over all (as far as the light armor vs heavy armor goes).
---
Gamertag: Covreaper
#223localizedfreedoPosted 1/31/2013 3:38:29 PM
Covreaper posted...
And your weapon does much, much more in that scenario. And you're rewarded with an extra hit in a lot online situations due to latency, whereas my weapon digs in for just a couple hundred points.

But catching me one time shouldn't mean you get to combo out for the kill. Toggle escapes fix that problem.

Course it does...it's a power weapon it should do more damage. The katana can be swung a lot more often than the spear can and it has the bleed property which would technically make it stronger depending on how the toons' stats were placed and equipment.

Alright let's say that we both have a katana, a fire katana, and I still stunlock you after we trade blows. We're doing the same damage yet you're going to use a programming glitch to eek out of the fact that you took the light and speedy route while I took the heavy and slow route. Toggle escape may "fix" the problem of stunlocking for the 0 poise crowd but it just makes the game unfair and one sided over all (as far as the light armor vs heavy armor goes).

Except that the light vs heavy armor aspect of the game isn't really "balanced" (IE-Fair) anyway. Poise is a broken system to begin with, being able to have very high poise, meeting breakpoints and all the while ninja-flipping or fast rolling around.

Toggle escaping gives people a little breathing room for originality and using sets that are fun and unique without having to all be Giants+Moms Zweihanders.
---
GT: ii Messatsu ii
DIVINE CLAYMORE of the Dark Souls
#224localizedfreedoPosted 1/31/2013 3:43:35 PM
Covreaper posted...
It's not a counter it's a circumvention. Not the same thing. A counter for magic is...guess what great magic barrier or magic barrier or a decent shield. Not rolling through it, that's just part of the programming that needed to be fixed but due to some reason or another it wasn't.

Rolling through magic wasn't unintentional. Lmao. Rolls have I-Frames. Rolling is the intended avoidance mechanic for everything.
---
#225CovreaperPosted 1/31/2013 3:50:53 PM
Covreaper posted...

Except that the light vs heavy armor aspect of the game isn't really "balanced" (IE-Fair) anyway. Poise is a broken system to begin with, being able to have very high poise, meeting breakpoints and all the while ninja-flipping or fast rolling around.

Toggle escaping gives people a little breathing room for originality and using sets that are fun and unique without having to all be Giants+Moms Zweihanders.

So it's original to exploit the game to get out of a feature? I see where you're coming from but if you can find a full giant with zwiehander and fast rolling then they have stacked their stats that way and shouldn't be punished b/c of their stat placement choices and chances are that they don't have a greatshield or even a decent shield equipped (I'd have to look at the weights to be sure) and that is how you kill them. Using in-game features to justify circumventing other features sounds a little...cheap/shoddy at least to me anyway. While you guys are at it why don't you go ahead and justify chainstabbing too. That one will be real hoot to read.
---
#226CovreaperPosted 1/31/2013 3:52:58 PM
Covreaper posted...
It's not a counter it's a circumvention. Not the same thing. A counter for magic is...guess what great magic barrier or magic barrier or a decent shield. Not rolling through it, that's just part of the programming that needed to be fixed but due to some reason or another it wasn't.

Rolling through magic wasn't unintentional. Lmao. Rolls have I-Frames. Rolling is the intended avoidance mechanic for everything.

Then roll away from the attacks that will stunlock you then. There's a good counter to stunlocking...don't get hit. Will work every time I promise.
---
#227localizedfreedoPosted 1/31/2013 3:53:04 PM
What's wrong with chain stabbing? It has the easiest counter in the game.

Don't move. Ta da!
---
#228localizedfreedoPosted 1/31/2013 3:54:30 PM
Covreaper posted...
Covreaper posted...

Then roll away from the attacks that will stunlock you then. There's a good counter to stunlocking...don't get hit. Will work every time I promise.

Trust me, I know that. Thing is there's an even more rewarding counter. Eat one, toggle, parry, riposte. Ta da.
---
#229CovreaperPosted 1/31/2013 3:59:51 PM
Covreaper posted...
Covreaper posted...

Trust me, I know that. Thing is there's an even more rewarding counter. Eat one, toggle, parry, riposte. Ta da.

lol...here I was thinking you were an adult. My mistake guys...my mistake.
---
#230localizedfreedoPosted 1/31/2013 4:01:20 PM
Covreaper posted...
Covreaper posted...
Covreaper posted...

lol...here I was thinking you were an adult. My mistake guys...my mistake.

I don't get the joke. Lol. Chain stabs aren't cheap or broken. Any strategy that can literally be soiled by "do nothing" is garbage, not cheap.
---