I hate magic users.

#31RPGNinja123Posted 1/30/2013 8:01:00 PM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
lol I thought you were such a cool guy but you are so damn antagonistic with everyone who has something to say you dont agree with its not even funny :(

My whole point is that they didnt allow it to have hyper armor but they intended it to have hyper armor, you know, because from a programming point of view (as i already said... -.-) it actually takes more work IMO to give these properties to the weapon switch, then to just have it interrupted by a hit like every other move and not have it prioritized over hitstun.

You might need to look in the mirror on that one Dex, every topic I click on with you in it, it is basically you trying to push your views on others and then when you don't get your way you pout and whine and say that "Nobody likes you". It is getting tiring quite frankly but nobody is stopping you.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#32Art Of DrowningPosted 1/30/2013 8:08:36 PM
Not a huge fan of the dark sorceries but I quite like the regular ones, that is, I like trying my luck at wrathing a soul spear back into the caster's face.
---
"Can you see what I see?"
#33localizedfreedoPosted 1/30/2013 8:14:48 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...

Lol, yeah, I'm an "idiot" because I'm the one who doesn't eat 1800 damage off, effectively, one lucky hit.

I've got an article that sounds like it was TAILORED for the education you need.

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

Never even heard of that site before, but you were quick to point it out. Sounds like spend a lot of time on that site. It makes perfect sense now with the statements you make.

You did demonstrate you are an idiot by completely missing the point though.

Lmao if My functioning level qualifies as "idiotic", it's safe to say the functioning world sits just beneath "retarded". And I mean that by medical definition, low-functioning retarded.

As for that site, that's the only article I've ever visited from it. I bookmarked it specifically for instances like this. A scrub, low or high functioning, imposes an imaginary set of rules on the game and hints at, if not outright saying, others are "cheap" for using valid, effective tactics that EVERYONE has access to.

Whether you win much or not, or what this community sees you as, I see you for what you are. And it's funny.
---
GT: ii Messatsu ii
DIVINE CLAYMORE of the Dark Souls
#34Ephidel88Posted 1/30/2013 8:21:08 PM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
The weapon switch animation gives you infinite poise AKA hyper armor (the term hyper armor didnt come from demon souls btw, it came from fighters unsurprisingly, and it basically means not getting interrupted during a movement, such as in this case weapon switching) WHY WOULD the developers allow the weapon switch animation to have infinite poise on it AND have it prioritized over ALL other animations, if not for escaping stunlocks? They wouldnt go to that extent to give such properties to the weapon switch animation for freakin nothing dude

I'm rather new to Dark Souls, but my guess would be that they made the weapon switch animation have infinite poise so that a player is not penalized for switching weapons.

Now, I'm guessing that when you said it was prioritized over all other animations, you mean that if I were to strike, and part way through switch weapons, it would override and switch the weapon rather than waiting (I haven't ever tried that, honestly).

Assuming that is what you mean, I think it's like that to make sure that you can always switch out your weapons instantly without having to wait for an animation to finish, and the infinite poise makes it so you are not made extra-vulnerable by the act of switching weapons, which takes time to go through the animation.

On their own, each par tof the puzzle makes it so that switching weapons doesn't necessarily make you more vulnerable than you would be. Together, however, it seems (if I understand this whole toggle escape thing) the combination of infinite poise, and the overriding of ALL animations, intended to merely protect a player so an enemy can't take massive advantage over a weapon switch has inadvertantly created a way to circumvent the poise system.

My solution would be to simply make it so you cannot switch weapons when you are already stunned, and for an attack that is made before a weapon switch starts nullifies the infinite poise if it connects during the animation. Of course, that's just me, and I really don't know THAT much about the game.
---
I am the rocks of the eternal shore...crash against me and be broken!
GT: Deadly Mantodea
#35RPGNinja123Posted 1/30/2013 8:23:24 PM(edited)
localizedfreedo posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

Lol, yeah, I'm an "idiot" because I'm the one who doesn't eat 1800 damage off, effectively, one lucky hit.

I've got an article that sounds like it was TAILORED for the education you need.

Never even heard of that site before, but you were quick to point it out. Sounds like spend a lot of time on that site. It makes perfect sense now with the statements you make.

Lmao if My functioning level qualifies as "idiotic", it's safe to say the functioning world sits just beneath "retarded". And I mean that by medical definition, low-functioning retarded.

As for that site, that's the only article I've ever visited from it. I bookmarked it specifically for instances like this. A scrub, low or high functioning, imposes an imaginary set of rules on the game and hints at, if not outright saying, others are "cheap" for using valid, effective tactics that EVERYONE has access to.

Whether you win much or not, or what this community sees you as, I see you for what you are. And it's funny.

Uh huh, don't worry we believe you when you said that's the only article you have ever visited. You have us convinced :). You don't need to overcompensate and give a detailed explanation for why you keep the site available lol otherwise you aren't helping your case.
---
#36IRON-SWANPosted 1/30/2013 8:23:07 PM
CentipedeDemon posted...
Hate magic users? Dodge their attacks. Not that hard. Though I do believe that mage characters is for low skill level players, as long as you dodge,you take away the ability for them to be 'good'. Just dodge and be patient. Then you should be able to kill every scrub.mage out there.

On the topic of stunlocking. If you think its op, stack poise, if you feel the toggle switch is ridiculous, don't rely on stunlocking to win. Problem solved.

If you refuse to stack poise for fashion souls, or because you're so 1337 you don't need it, why are you complaining about being stunlocked? It's a risk you willingly take by not utilizing that aspect of the game.

This ^ , all of this , this a thousand times. This this this this.
---
"One's demise is always one's own doing"
GT: IRON SWAN666
#37localizedfreedoPosted 1/30/2013 8:28:48 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...
localizedfreedo posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

Lmao if My functioning level qualifies as "idiotic", it's safe to say the functioning world sits just beneath "r". And I mean that by medical definition, low-functioning r.

Uh huh, don't worry we believe you when you said that's the only article you have ever visited. You have us convinced :). You don't need to overcompensate and give a detailed explanation for why you keep the site available lol otherwise you aren't helping your case.

I don't get what you're even implying. I just visited the sirlin homepage and I don't even see what the shame would be. Its just a website talking about games. Are you autistic or something? Maybe a bit downsy?

What I'm trying to say is, it'd be nice if you would go change the oil on an 18-wheeler. In motion.
---
#38TheDarkone21Posted 1/30/2013 8:29:05 PM
IRON-SWAN posted...
CentipedeDemon posted...
Hate magic users? Dodge their attacks. Not that hard. Though I do believe that mage characters is for low skill level players, as long as you dodge,you take away the ability for them to be 'good'. Just dodge and be patient. Then you should be able to kill every scrub.mage out there.

On the topic of stunlocking. If you think its op, stack poise, if you feel the toggle switch is ridiculous, don't rely on stunlocking to win. Problem solved.

If you refuse to stack poise for fashion souls, or because you're so 1337 you don't need it, why are you complaining about being stunlocked? It's a risk you willingly take by not utilizing that aspect of the game.

This ^ , all of this , this a thousand times. This this this this.

But what if a high level skill player makes a mage? Do they automatically become a scrub especially if you can't beat them?
---
Official Chaos Notched Whip of the Dark Souls 360 board.
GT: IwuzPh34rless
#39RPGNinja123Posted 1/30/2013 8:32:07 PM
I don't get what you're even implying. I just visited the sirlin homepage and I don't even see what the shame would be. Its just a website talking about games. Are you autistic or something? Maybe a bit downsy?

What I'm trying to say is, it'd be nice if you would go change the oil on an 18-wheeler. In motion.

Now now, you need to learn to control your temper, it is okay you are learning on how not to be a scrub but that is no reason to lash out at me. I understand you keep that article "bookmarked" to remind yourself everyday of how to avoid the pitfalls of being a scrub. :)
---
#40localizedfreedoPosted 1/30/2013 8:33:17 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...

Now now, you need to learn to control your temper, it is okay you are learning on how not to be a scrub but that is no reason to lash out at me. I understand you keep that article "bookmarked" to remind yourself everyday of how to avoid the pitfalls of being a scrub. :)

Lmao. It's always cute when people condescend.

upward.
---