what's your favorite thing about dark souls?

#1IRON-SWANPosted 1/31/2013 12:59:39 PM
Is it pvp? , co op ? the bosses ? level design ?, difficulty? The combat?
For me its character building, making new builds to try , was the same with skyrim firstvI made a pure mage , then a warrior then a thief , and then a op hybrid build ( sneak , archery , one handed , illusion and conjuration ) but in dark souls you can't really do that . No one build is perfect and I love that.

Well what is it?
What's your favorite part of dark souls?
---
"One's demise is always one's own doing"
GT: IRON SWAN666
#2GreatSoulAbyssPosted 1/31/2013 1:01:22 PM
Shooting things in the face with my Greatbow :') So fun.
---
XBL GT - Dark Soul Abyss
Official Gough's Greatbow of the Dark Souls Board
#3WOT BSPosted 1/31/2013 1:11:44 PM(edited)
the way the armor sets can (and should be) mixed and matched without looking bad. pretty ambitious feet that they pulled off there. all the kudos in the world looking at the game from a graphic design perspective
---
GT: Extract Hz
#4RPGNinja123Posted 1/31/2013 1:27:21 PM
For me in the beginning it was DEFINITELY the coop, but once that kind of died down the PvP really brought in new life to the game.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#5AngryOldFeralPosted 1/31/2013 1:33:09 PM
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Also, going all Sunbeast is very gratifying for me. I've always either done ridiculous solo PvE runs like pushing to see how many NG+++ cycles I can get to, low-SL solo runs with different themes (katana-only run, Simon Belmont run, boxing-only run, etc.) ... but there's something I enjoy about helping people out in a game that not only emphasizes but encourages the worst in people. I like parking my SL25 in the Parish and helping people to take down their Gargoyles... and smashing the teeth down a low-SL Dickmoon griefer that spawns when we're trying to get there is an added bonus. Or helping someone carve a bloody path through Blighttown. That kinda stuff is becoming more fun than PvP for me lately.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#6Crack_FoxPosted 1/31/2013 1:33:37 PM
Backflipping naked, in the forest, naked.
---
Official Chaos Uchigatana of the Dark Souls Board.
#7CentipedeDemonPosted 1/31/2013 1:42:37 PM
AngryOldFeral posted...
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

+20 points of respect. Hers a cookie.

My favorite thing is the weapons. Do many rp choose from, and all viable for PvP.
---
GT: Centipede Demon
Zweihander master race
#8WOT BSPosted 1/31/2013 2:33:01 PM
CentipedeDemon posted...
AngryOldFeral posted...

My favorite thing is the weapons. Do many rp choose from, and all viable for PvP.

the math behind them is crazy impressive. its like every single weapon is viable
---
GT: Extract Hz
#9GGearXPosted 1/31/2013 2:42:56 PM
You guys. :3
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#10AlpaIPosted 1/31/2013 2:45:11 PM
As others have stated, I've never personally played a game as balanced as this which makes it awesome.

Also the PvP experience is cool, There's obviously things that would be cool changed (Party chats) easier co-oping/PvPing but it's cool to fight other players nonetheless.
---
I'm Always Right