Thank you DLC

#81localizedfreedoPosted 2/2/2013 10:24:15 PM
Fo_lc_us posted...
It's not really new, it's just the Tracer has bleed (which the falchion lacks) and range (which the PG sword lacks).

This only applies to curved swords really though. As for other weapons that attack fairly fast and has bleed you have...

the kats...

BarbedSS...

and some other odd weapons I can't remember.

If they added a long spear that applies bleed and can be buffed with poison resin, that would be even more fun.

The spear thing is just outrageous.
---
GT: ii Messatsu ii
DIVINE CLAYMORE of the Dark Souls
#82Fo_lc_usPosted 2/2/2013 10:27:25 PM
HoustonBoy98 posted...
Fo_lc_us posted...
It's not really new, it's just the Tracer has bleed (which the falchion lacks) and range (which the PG sword lacks).

This only applies to curved swords really though. As for other weapons that attack fairly fast and has bleed you have...

the kats...

BarbedSS...

and some other odd weapons I can't remember.

If they added a long spear that applies bleed and can be buffed with poison resin, that would be even more fun.

Katanas and barbedss attack no where near as fast as curved weapons

Super fast: Curved

Fast: Dagger ( I guess? Someone said the regular dagger attacks pretty fast. Still crap though)

Fairly fast: Kats and SS

Normal: Greatswords, small strikers.

and the list goes on and on as the weapons get larger.

Never said they would be as good, but they are the only possible comparison weapons that have bleed.

And I've never used the Barbed Whip extensively so I don't know where to class that thing.
---
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.
#83PhaerusDkSPosted 2/3/2013 1:35:12 AM
HoustonBoy98 posted...
PhaerusDkS posted...
I really think the tactic that you guys are describing is not new, and has been around for a while long before the gold tracer.

Good discussion though.

Please tell me where I said the tactic was new

in fact. I even remember saying the tactic is about 25 years old

Oh ok sorry. I was just going off your original post here where you mentioned you were grateful for a that finally weapon gives you rushdown pressure that cannot be blocked.

HoustonBoy98 posted...
For finally giving us a weapon that allows rushdown pressure that cannot be simply blocked.

Thank you DLC. The Terror of Lodran appreciates your kindness

*prostration*
#84moodyjm2Posted 2/3/2013 7:34:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#85nmbuserPosted 2/3/2013 7:44:22 AM
Rushdown? in shooting games we call it pushing. Best countered with a 1 shot kill from a shotgun. THANK YOU DLC for dat gears of war shotty
---
Gamertag: NUM83R54R3C00L (those are zero's)
My Dark Souls build's thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/608635-dark-souls/65074029
#86localizedfreedoPosted 2/3/2013 12:06:13 PM
nmbuser posted...
Rushdown? in shooting games we call it pushing. Best countered with a 1 shot kill from a shotgun. THANK YOU DLC for dat gears of war shotty

If you hadn't said gears of war, I'd have called you a shotgun noob.

But in GoW, the Gnasher is the only weapon. So yeah.
---
GT: ii Messatsu ii
CLAYMORE of the Dark Souls
#87AngryOldFeralPosted 2/3/2013 12:24:22 PM
localizedfreedo posted...
nmbuser posted...

If you hadn't said gears of war, I'd have called you a shotgun noob.

But in GoW, the Gnasher is the only weapon. So yeah.

What's this "Gears" nonsense? You guys mean Gnashers of War, right? I love that series.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity