Laurentius of the Great Swamp, isn't in the barrel, where is he?

#1KurkXPosted 2/2/2013 5:59:46 PM
While venturing into the depths I was excited as a Pyromancer to find Laurentius , but once I reached the room full of barrels he was not in there. I did my best researching google and topics on this site and found nothing. Does anybody have an idea or answer to this problem/glitch?? Or maybe there was an update to where he is now in another area? I would appreciate any suggestions or help. P.S. - I did finish the boss fight in the depths but every time i went back to check the barrels are all still broken.
#2SethrothaurionPosted 2/2/2013 6:00:53 PM
NPC's can occasionally not appear. Try quitting and restarting. Outside of that, I've sadly got nothing else to offer.
---
XBL: DaiHaj
#3ZOMBIEHEADZoCOMPosted 2/2/2013 6:10:09 PM
We're you ever invaded down there? Dunno if it would matter but I used to invade people and if they weren't in that room I would just bust up all the barrels myself. Dunno I that would make him free to go on his way or not.
---
GT: ZOMBIEHEADZoCOM
#4KurkX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 6:18:00 PM
Well I was invaded but all the barrels were still in tact when I got there.. He did take his time getting to me though. I'm new to the game so I'm not sure if he did smash the barrels or if he was fighting the butcher , dogs, and ghouls, or just messing around.. By quitting then loading up again, will that reset the barrels that I broke?
#5SethrothaurionPosted 2/2/2013 6:19:09 PM
It's nothing to do with the barrels, and the invader can't have done anything. I know that much.
---
XBL: DaiHaj
#6KurkX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 6:33:54 PM
Well i re-started by choosing quit game, then loading back up. He is still not here : / . Hopefully he will show up soon, or is at Firelink already... But I doubt it :(
---
GT : KurkX
#7ZOMBIEHEADZoCOMPosted 2/2/2013 6:39:37 PM
Sethrothaurion posted...
It's nothing to do with the barrels, and the invader can't have done anything. I know that much.

So did you go into the room and free him by breaking the barrels or did you get to the room and all the barrels were broke. And he was not there ?
---
GT: ZOMBIEHEADZoCOM
#8LoneReaper115Posted 2/2/2013 6:44:00 PM
You could always try going back up to firelink through the sewer shortcut to see if he's shown up there. Maybe the game counts the barrels being broken as you freeing him?
---
GT: LoneReaper115
Official Chaos Composite Bow of the Dark Souls message board
#9KurkX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 6:45:34 PM
When I first arrived in the room, the barrels were all intact. I then rolled into all of the barrels hoping he was inside one because i could not see him. He just wasn't there at all. No dialogue -no Laurentius. I just attempted to restart and try in offline mode but this also did not work either. Now this is getting a little frustrating. I guess I'll just go into Darkroot Basin and face the hydra and try back later..
---
#10KurkX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 6:51:23 PM
LoneReaper115 posted...
You could always try going back up to firelink through the sewer shortcut to see if he's shown up there. Maybe the game counts the barrels being broken as you freeing him?

Yup he is at Firelink Shrine. Thanks to all for suggestions and help , was very quick. Well I guess this is the first answer to a problem like this? Or was this in the sticky? Because I did not see it! It should be applied there just in general for all NPC's
---