Easy mode - option to disable auto save and make it manual

#21PlagueRevenantPosted 2/3/2013 6:55:53 PM
Yeah, I think there should be an "easy mode" option. And when you select it, it secretly radio-dispatches Terry Crews to break into your home, punch you in the face and take your Xbox.
---
The worst part of gaming is gamers.
Official Giant's Halberd of the Dark Souls board
#22Ephidel88Posted 2/3/2013 7:04:33 PM
Krauser86 posted...
Ephidel88 posted...
Explaining game mechanics =/= holding new players' hands. It's called good game design/implementation.

That's a subjective thought.

No more so than comparing actually explaining mechanics to the player to holding their hands.
---
I am the rocks of the eternal shore...crash against me and be broken!
GT: Deadly Mantodea
#23Gold25one(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 8:35:07 PM
gamingdutchman posted...
Yes I did. More than 2.
It's not personal. I just don't get why one of very few difficult games on Xbox, have to be toned down. It's in a way disrespecting the amount of thought and effort put into this game.

Anyways, everyone is entitled to their opinion. For me, they can even make it more diverse and mysterious. I'm hoping the way Artorias, Sanctuary Guardian and Khaleet fight will be the norm for DS2.

If you read the second one you would see that i said i would like it if they made the game harder wtf where you reading?
#24gamingdutchmanPosted 2/4/2013 1:27:30 AM(edited)
That either your friend or you and your imaginary friend want to make the game easier. I was responding somewhat in general. Maybe my wording was a bit harsh.
As you can see, your topic completely misses its goal. You say you want to make it harder, but you start by saying your 'friend' wants to tone it down. My comment was meant for all the next gen crybabies who can only play a game with help from at least a dozen people online and a description that tells them to breath regularly.
I shouldn't even respond at all, I know.
And I did help you in your other topic, so let's call it even.
---
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
#25mattat01Posted 2/4/2013 3:04:06 AM
cracks me up when people say this games is hard or they say the game is hard to follow/know were to go. the game tells you everything you need to know. all you have to do is listen to npc and read items they both tell you were to go and most cases tell you off the boss ahead.
#26GraveswornPosted 2/4/2013 4:12:16 AM
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here. I understand that by explaining the game mechanics Souls would have been much more accessible to general population.
But isn't that "artificial" difficulty the main drive behind creating and maintaining this community?
Yeah sure not everyone has the time and resources to test everything out, to figure out whether +15 or + 5 occult or even if character's body size affects hitboxes and what's up with the poise but there are people willing to do that and to share those findings thus keeping everyone informed.
Personally I think that by withholding certain aspects of the game From has done a great job,they's made Souls a collective effort, sort of forced us to gather round Gfaq's bonfire to share stories of our deeds and discoveries.

I've been playing games for the past 20 years and as one can imagine - it can get boring at times, finding stuff on my own is more than half the fun for me these days and I'd like to keep it that way.

Oh and DS on xbox already has an easy mode - xbox chat, back on Demon's if you wanted to co-op and talk to your friends you had to use skype, so yeah:)

TL;DR Lack of spoon feeding makes one hungry;)
---
GT: Gravesworn >I put FUN in the funeral<
Official Dark Hand of the Dark Souls Board
#27giantsirslayerPosted 2/4/2013 5:12:14 AM
That's what makes the game more playable you mess up you have ng++++++++
---
Official greatsword user of gamefaqs board
Xbox gt giantsir slayer
#28Krauser86Posted 2/5/2013 3:11:00 AM
Ephidel88 posted...
Krauser86 posted...
Ephidel88 posted...
Explaining game mechanics =/= holding new players' hands. It's called good game design/implementation.

No more so than comparing actually explaining mechanics to the player to holding their hands.

Exactly. So posting your idea of it, as if it was a correction and/or fact, towards me was pointless.
---
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Poppy Bros. Junior! Poppy Bros. Senior!
#29Ephidel88Posted 2/5/2013 8:08:19 PM
Krauser86 posted...
Ephidel88 posted...
Krauser86 posted...
Ephidel88 posted...

Exactly. So posting your idea of it, as if it was a correction and/or fact, towards me was pointless.

Well, except for the fact that I am right. A game cannot be hurt by explaining to the player how to do things, and how things basically work. Saying it is the responsibility of the player to fumble through and figure out these mechanics, by going on wikis and other sites to decypher things is ludicrous.

If changes to Dark Souls 2 are to make the mechanics better explained, and made more convenient, without really changing them, how can that possibly be a bad thing?
---
I am the rocks of the eternal shore...crash against me and be broken!
GT: Deadly Mantodea
#30Krauser86Posted 2/6/2013 2:52:13 AM
Ephidel88 posted...
Krauser86 posted...
Ephidel88 posted...
Krauser86 posted...
Ephidel88 posted...

Well, except for the fact that I am right.

Subjective. How many times do I have to say it? Do you even know what subjective means?
---
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Poppy Bros. Junior! Poppy Bros. Senior!