Good weapons early on?

#1definaturalPosted 2/3/2013 5:25:33 PM
I made a new character and at the beginning I was hoping on getting the Black Knight Halberd. I didn't get it. So are there any other good weapons I can get this early on in the game?
---
Xbox Live GamerTag: AllahIsCool
A doctor a day keeps the apples away.
#2Krauser86Posted 2/3/2013 5:29:43 PM
inb4 Drake Sword.
---
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Poppy Bros. Junior! Poppy Bros. Senior!
#3ZOMBIEHEADZoCOMPosted 2/3/2013 5:33:14 PM
definatural posted...
I made a new character and at the beginning I was hoping on getting the Black Knight Halberd. I didn't get it. So are there any other good weapons I can get this early on in the game?

Get the normal halberd and make it at least +4 lightning. It'll kill everything on NG. On your way there do the drake sword or make a suicide run to the small and large embers and then you can upgrade any weapon you want.
---
GT: ZOMBIEHEADZoCOM
#4Paragon049Posted 2/3/2013 5:35:51 PM
Off the top of my head there's the Claymore, Winged Spear, Zweihander, Estoc, Uchigatana (If you're willing to kill the male undead merchant), Balder Side Sword, Gravelord Sword, Great Scythe, and probably a few others that I'm forgetting.
---
YOU PAID FOR THE WHOLE SEAT, BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE
#5pjcamperPosted 2/3/2013 6:33:29 PM
Claymore, halberd. I've run with them through a number of full games.
---
The real men of Mass Effect, Demon Souls and Dark Souls use a Claymore
XBL/PSN: pjcamper
#6Ephidel88Posted 2/3/2013 6:39:45 PM
I've been switching between the Bastard Sword +5 and the Balder Side Sword +5 so far.

Both are pretty good, with the Bastard Sword being slow with heavy damage and the Balder being weaker but quick, with a nice thrust strong attack.
---
I am the rocks of the eternal shore...crash against me and be broken!
GT: Deadly Mantodea
#7thedarkness0170Posted 2/4/2013 7:04:26 AM
Murakamo
---
#8Scorpian_KingPosted 2/4/2013 7:16:44 AM
gravelord sword
a fire weapon can also be obtained early by suicide run to vamos with atleast 8000 sum souls which can be obtained by the large souls of a proud knight in blighttown.
#9localizedfreedoPosted 2/4/2013 9:29:19 AM
Gravelord Sword, Galberd.
---
GT: ii Messatsu ii
CLAYMORE of the Dark Souls
#10AlpaIPosted 2/4/2013 9:51:30 AM
I'd pick up the Balder Side Sword, Claymore, Zwei. and Uchi every single time and then start picking up weapons you think you'll be using for your build.
---
I'm Always Right