Man serpent greatsword question

#1PSO426Posted 2/4/2013 12:08:40 AM
So I just upgraded this sword to +15 to see what the hype was about and I have to say I'm disappointed. All I have heard was how good this sword is, compared to my +15 claymore is does 3 less damage (which is trivial I know) but weighs 4 pounds less, and the claymore has a more versatile moveset. Am I missing something? Or the claymore that good?
---
GT-Chewbung
#2WOT BSPosted 2/4/2013 12:23:09 AM
PSO426 posted...
So I just upgraded this sword to +15 to see what the hype was about and I have to say I'm disappointed. All I have heard was how good this sword is, compared to my +15 claymore is does 3 less damage (which is trivial I know) but weighs 4 pounds less, and the claymore has a more versatile moveset. Am I missing something? Or the claymore that good?

yea the claymore is good, used to be (arguably) the best weapon in the game before the patch. man searpent greatsword has more damage and poise breaking potential though, your stats just aren't up to snuff
---
GT: Extract Hz
#3mattat01Posted 2/4/2013 12:41:42 AM
what is your dex and str? claymore scales with c in both str and dex . as the man serpent scales better with str so would do alot more damage then the claymore on a striaght str build but not on a quality build
#4Demon_SharkPosted 2/4/2013 7:32:16 AM
Demons great axe +15. 60 strength with an S scaling in the strength stat. It goes perfectly with my build. It is pretty much the most damaging weapon in the game with stats like mine... if you can get used to the really slow speed of great axes like i have then go for it! That is if you want to try it out, if you are looking for some strong stuff.
---
You know what? Now that i think about it, I dont care.
#5MaydePosted 2/4/2013 7:59:55 AM
Sounds like a stat distribution problem
---
GT: imaydei
#6Scorpian_KingPosted 2/4/2013 8:37:10 AM
with 27 str the msgs should outclass the claymore without any dex
if you have 27 str and 40 dex the claymore would be better
#7ZamussPosted 2/4/2013 8:50:38 AM
For me the MSGS easily outclass the claymore on my Str build since it only has 28Str/12Dex, but with a quaity build the claymore is easily the beast due to the high damage, awesome movetset and slighty longer reach.
---
Xboxlive GT: xZamusx
#8the_curatorPosted 2/4/2013 9:25:08 AM
Depends on your build, like everyone said. If you put at least 40 points in str and none in dex, MSGS is better but if you do both str and dex claymore is better. Thing is that the MSGS hits faster and consumes less stamina that your claymore, which is better at keeping an aggressive playstyle. At the end of the day whatever you like better is what you should use. if MSGS is not for you, so be it.
---
Yes, miracles I presume? GT- thecurator88
#9PSO426(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 12:41:12 PM
Strength 65/dexterity 55
---
GT-Chewbung
#10PSO426(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 12:45:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]