Pretty disappointed in the bad game design.

#1CoontemptusPosted 2/4/2013 1:11:35 PM
First, I pick the ring that is supposed to regenerate hit points. Total waste, so I restart. Kind of pissed I just bought a game that outright lies to you in the item descriptions. What kind of morons made this game? I'm less than 5 minutes in and already the developers have made a HUGE mistake that shows they didn't bother to test this game, at all.

Next, I find an item that is supposed to increase my flask, but it doesn't do what it says. I go to look online, and I find out there are only 7 of these items in the game, and I just wasted one. So now, I'm screwed and can't maximize my flask unless I restart the game yet again.

At this point, I pretty much figured out the developers are idiots, and I'm going to have to constantly consult internet guides to keep from irreversibly screwing up my game yet again, and I'll also have to ignore all item descriptions and consult online guides to see what items really do.

I was really looking forward to playing this game "pure" without any help, but its obvious this game was created by morons and it can't be played that way.

Are there any other big irreversible mistakes that the game lies to you about? Or even any big mistakes you can make, period?

This game seems to be very little about actual difficulty, and more about wasting your time. I'd like to avoid the time wasting and get to the playing. I'm not having any trouble with the combat, took out the black knights that everyone says are very hard in starting gear, and haven't met anything yet I can't down in a few tries.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#2moodyjm2Posted 2/4/2013 1:13:43 PM
There are some NPCs you want to be careful of. I suggest killing the first ones you meet.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Official Moonlight Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#3Cvdf3Posted 2/4/2013 1:16:24 PM(edited)
The ring, yes.
The Flasks, well, that was your fault. You also can't get 7 in one playthrough.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#4jm9269Posted 2/4/2013 1:15:25 PM
you're supposed to take the fire keeper souls to a fire keeper and they make your flasks stronger
---
#Woop
#5billwood661Posted 2/4/2013 1:17:13 PM
If you come across a steep cliff with a red sign etched into the ground that says "Try jumping off", by all means do it.
---
If only I could be so grossly incandescent...
#6NarzodPosted 2/4/2013 1:20:57 PM
moodyjm2 posted...
There are some NPCs you want to be careful of. I suggest killing the first ones you meet.

That bearded guy you find hammering on an anvil? He's a bad customer, bruv. Better off him quick.
---
GT IllicitCypress
#7Cvdf3Posted 2/4/2013 1:25:29 PM
Resistance is the most important stat btw. I would get it to 20 as soon as you can; maybe 25 to be safe.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#8RPGNinja123Posted 2/4/2013 1:34:11 PM
I am pretty disappointed in this topic. You didn't try hard enough.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#9jm9269Posted 2/4/2013 1:34:48 PM
also the first area you're supposed to be going is down from fire link shrine through the water down into the graveyard
---
#Woop
#10Goggs999Posted 2/4/2013 1:36:11 PM
Before the boss in the undead burg there is a NPC trapped in a dungeon down some stairs, free him and he will reward you.
---
GT: Goggs 69 - The Danger Zone
Gravelord Sword of GameFAQs