What are your opinions on spears

#1TwisterDonPosted 2/4/2013 3:28:21 PM
Do you think they are a cheap way to win or are you cool with them? This is concerning PVP of course.
---
Check out my Dark Souls PVP channel>>>>www.youtube.com/jjitsuboy98
GT= TwisterDon
#2LoneReaper115Posted 2/4/2013 3:29:16 PM
They seem super easy for people to chain stab with them.
---
GT: LoneReaper115
Official Chaos Composite Bow of the Dark Souls message board
#3TwisterDon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 3:34:38 PM
LoneReaper115 posted...
They seem super easy for people to chain stab with them.

Chain stabbing is the same for all weapons eh? you just do another backstab at the right time. You can do that with your fist.
---
GT= TwisterDon
#4WH1TE_N1GHT13Posted 2/4/2013 3:36:58 PM
I love em XD awesome to use weapon. And all but the sks only poke forward so it's fair enough to dodge. And even in the case of the sks the sweep takes a second so...I have no problem.
---
XBL GT: WH1TE N1GHT13
The Bastard Sword of GameFAQS
#5anand_ak89Posted 2/4/2013 3:38:51 PM
Spears are for people who can't PvP. Real pros use fist weapons and whips.
---
Absolute zero is cool
Official Dragonslayer Spear of the Dark Souls message board
#6moodyjm2Posted 2/4/2013 3:42:10 PM
Spears are for winners. Cheap is for losers.

Now excuse me while I mash R1 and get hatemail.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Official Moonlight Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#7anand_ak89Posted 2/4/2013 3:44:19 PM
moodyjm2 posted...
Spears are for winners. Cheap is for losers.

Now excuse me while I mash R1 and get hatemail.

Make sure use u the leo ring and remember, you are doing them a favor. quick and painless.
---
Absolute zero is cool
Official Dragonslayer Spear of the Dark Souls message board
#8TwisterDon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 3:48:59 PM
Well the reason I asked was because I was a long time spear user with the SKS. No one complained I mean heck there are a lot of powerful stuff in this game but we have to deal with it. But then in a few fight clubs people started complaining about the spear and a lot would just not simply duel me. Now I don't use it anymore its been retired.

I just got the idea it was bad mannered or something. It wasn't the spear that was winning for me I kill the same people with the fury sword or BSS just as simple. The spear is just handy for like dark moon bladed weapons and of the such. :) This tournament got me thinking since I don't use buffs I may bring the spear out of retirement lol
---
GT= TwisterDon
#9WatermelonFartsPosted 2/4/2013 3:56:18 PM
to me fighting a spear user just isn't fun and exciting like fighting someone who's using something like a katana, DGA, or what have you

spear users bore me to death. literally.
---
http://i.imgur.com/wOseA.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/qHMXI.jpg
<333333
#10CentipedeDemonPosted 2/4/2013 3:57:43 PM
Spears are just easy wins. It's pretty much like easy mode for pvp. A spear user will win way more matches than someone using another weapon just because the poke roll strategy is just stupid effective. I really don't care if I lose to a spear user, but I personally don't use them because I try to better myself at PvP, and spears take the least amount of skill to use in PvP situations. Basically, what I'm saying is, theyre just easy wins that don't take a lot of effort.
---
GT: Centipede Demon
Zweihander master race