What's the easiest way to go about doing this? (SPOILERS?)

#1ShadowrulerPosted 2/4/2013 10:41:32 PM
Ok, so I'm doing an SL1 game, I have the lordvessel in my possession but have not given it to anyone yet. I'm in the Chaos Covenant, as I'm a pyromancer and I'm rank 1 at the moment. I want to have Solaire aid me in the final fight against Gwyn, which means I need to save him, aka I need the shortcut to Izalith granted from rank 2 of Chaos Covenant.
In order to use the shortcut I have to place the lordvessel to open up the gate to Demon Firesage.

I really want the dark hand to help me farm some humanity, which means I need to join Darkwraith covenant, correct? But if I give the lordvessel to Kaathe to do that, I'll lose the covenant with Chaos and with it, the shortcut to Izalith.

So what's the least painful way to go about doing this? I haven't attempted four kings yet, but probably will do that tomorrow night, and that will literally put me at a brick wall as far as what I can do from that point.

Is there a way to join the Darkwraith covenant just for the dark hand, then leave it, and reestablish my covenant with Chaos? Also, if I'm rank 1, will that make me lose my rank entirely?

Thanks in advance.
---
Soldier Gamer - PSN: orbajo
#2augerrya3Posted 2/4/2013 11:02:28 PM
You can farm the darkhand from darkwaiths in the little barn area before the 4 kings

Put on 10 humanity and the seprent ring to max out your luck and just go thru untill they drop it,

Also once you do reach level 2 you can leave and keep use of the shortcut
---
Help bring back Republic Commando! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/914938-star-wars-republic-commando/57002133
#3Shadowruler(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:17:43 PM
Farming darkwraiths is a pain though... Since the nearest bonfire is Firelink, it's very time consuming to go down there, kill them, bone out then repeat the process. Not to mention being that I'm SL1 I have to be super careful running around the ruins, it's not something I can just run through each time.
So I was ultimately trying to save time. But if there's no other way, I suppose I'll have to suck it up. Thanks for the response.
---
#4Shadowruler(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:38:21 AM
Bump, is that the only way? :/
---
#5LoneReaper115Posted 2/5/2013 5:43:11 AM
I have several dark hands on my mule. I can't get on until this evening though.
---
GT: LoneReaper115
Official Chaos Composite Bow of the Dark Souls message board
#6WildRideBrandPosted 2/5/2013 6:19:09 AM
Do you have the red soap stone? If so I have a few characters that has one.
---
GT: WildRideBrand
Official Chaos Great Scythe of the Dark Souls message board
#7The_PwnisherPosted 2/5/2013 6:51:57 AM
There is a shortcut in the ruins near the steps where you just roll off the edge and you are in the large pool of water near all the Darkwraiths.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EELhEguhU8M
#8Shadowruler(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:03:06 AM
LoneReaper115 posted...
I have several dark hands on my mule. I can't get on until this evening though.

That's cool, I don't get off work till this evening anyway. Is your GT also your PSN? I'll add you when I get home.
---