Leo ring

#1PracticalGamerPosted 2/4/2013 11:42:34 PM
Ok, so I've tried it right before an enemy attacks, right after they attack, when they stagger off my shield block, even with a left handed rapier I parried and attacked during that stagger animation. I've tried with the BSS, ricards rapier, velka's rapier, and a regular rapier. All above combinations with the leo ring on, and off. And it has never bolstered the damage... Is this just a bug because I'm unpatched or am I just confused about the definition of "counter attack"?
#2game_wiz101Posted 2/4/2013 11:51:13 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but counter attacks are those moments where you seems to get extra damage hitting them DURING attack or dodge animations. Not before or after, like you've been trying. Example: Hitting the giants as they side jump does more damage than normal right? Leo ring boosts those moments.

Bonus food for thought: if you're supposed to attack when they attack/dodge to counter, what weapon do you suppose is best? Probably a spear for it's long reach to hit without being hit. What does the boss who drops the ring use? A spear! Get me?
---
People, especially children, are inherently evil. - Omega Gilgamesh
GT: SmokyJoMama
#3CStickPosted 2/4/2013 11:56:39 PM
you throw an attack the INSTANT they just hit your shield. It's like reverse-parrying, but easier and less risky., obviously.

You can see the difference without the ring if you do it right.
---
I like you Cstick. You got balls. I like balls.~Chesterr01
Southern VA smasher and Official Lifehunt Scythe of Dark Souls
#4PracticalGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:10:54 AM
Hmm... Thanks yall.
#5giantsirslayerPosted 2/5/2013 9:44:31 AM
When I use ricards rapier n I parry it does why more damage than the bss I use as soon as the enemy attacks or after an attack I give more damage ....
---
Official greatsword user of gamefaqs board
Xbox gt giantsir slayer
#6ZamussPosted 2/5/2013 10:26:47 AM
Remember that Leo only boost the damage of thrusting weapons, and the window to actually trigger the counter bonus is quite smalll, Imo is just easier try to parry and for enemies that can't be parried I wouldn't even bother at all.
---
Xboxlive GT: xZamusx
#7BaalbusterxboxPosted 2/5/2013 11:04:52 AM
It is during the damaging part of the animation, and works for all thrusting weapons... My favorite being the warpick, it's pretty darn powerful... 2 handing it give a very decent attack power, the r2 being extremely powerful, it will get 1026 damage on hollow soldiers in the burg on a counter... And against players it ranges from 600 for the heavily armored and 800 for the lighter guys.... It's moveset is better than expected, and really you'll often only need 3-4 hits... It stunlocks as well, tanks who are used to trading hits often lose 1400 quite quickly... And katana users who run in and stab will also end up kind of flustered.... It is easy to parry, but it's also pretty good at punishing a failed parry.... It's slowish r2 is timed to basically come in as a counter.... Worth it IMO... Lucerne also gets a massive boost from the Leo, but it is very difficult to wield.
---
War pick + leo