I can't take this...

#1AdvariousPosted 2/5/2013 5:55:04 AM
So i just got this game a few days ago, and I started off as a Deprived with the Binoculars to make sure I could get a view of my surroundings. After getting through the tutorial and the Undead Burg (stupid graveyard skeletons keep one-shotting me), I saw all of these signs saying "Try tail", and I got this awesome weapon which outclassed mine by a long shot.

So I go through (half?) the game like it's nothing, leveling Resistance, Vitality, Endurance, and Attunement to make use of this awesome Iron Flesh spell I bought (total game changer, BTW) , and now I'm at Anor Londo, and these gold halberd giants just wreck me like I'm made of silly putty.

Why am I losing when I have the best weapon I've picked up so far, And my health bar's almost across the screen? Any tips would be appreciated.
---
Hey, it gives me something to do at 6AM!
-Official Dark Sword of the Dark Souls 360 Board.
#2PunkinDrublic87Posted 2/5/2013 5:59:58 AM
Sounds like you are taking it though...in the bum at least.
---
The grass is never greener on the other side, I'll sit right here and frolic in the dirt and gravel.
#3PunisherRogue88Posted 2/5/2013 6:02:42 AM
You need to find a different weapon and upgrade it. The size of your health bar is pretty irrelevant in this game, it's more about being able to dodge or the type of equipment you have(more emphasis on dodging, though). The sword your using is decent up until exactly where you are, where its power becomes really lackluster.
---
MK9-Jade,Stryker/SCV-Xiba,Leixia,/DOA5-Kokoro,Leifang,Eliot
GT:PunisherRogue69
#4Necro_SlainPosted 2/5/2013 6:03:04 AM
*looks at your sig*

I think you know more than you're letting on...
---
Number of people who think I'm awesome: 26
#5Advarious(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 6:10:15 AM
PunkinDrublic87 posted...
Sounds like you are taking it though...in the bum at least.

Nah, the game WAS easy...Until some guy who loocked like TrollFace decided to give me a free examination with his sword...

Seriously, how can something that small clip off my entire health bar? And why was I shocked when it happened?
---
#6moodyjm2Posted 2/5/2013 6:10:59 AM
lol

0/10 bud. Next time change your sig ;)
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Official Moonlight Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#7Advarious(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 6:13:36 AM
PunisherRogue88 posted...
You need to find a different weapon and upgrade it. The size of your health bar is pretty irrelevant in this game, it's more about being able to dodge or the type of equipment you have(more emphasis on dodging, though). The sword your using is decent up until exactly where you are, where its power becomes really lackluster.

Thanks for the tips, but I haven't found a way to upgrade yet...Which sucks, because I joined this one covenant and I got a titanite slab when me and another guy killed someone.
---
#8IronticsDragonLPosted 2/5/2013 6:17:14 AM
Advarious posted...

Thanks for the tips, but I haven't found a way to upgrade yet...Which sucks, because I joined this one covenant and I got a titanite slab when me and another guy killed someone.

In Anor Londo, there is a blacksmith that can forge powerful weapons with the souls of the bosses you have been slaying.
---
I should get Dark Souls one Day...
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord
#9Advarious(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 6:19:40 AM
IronticsDragonL posted...
Advarious posted...

In Anor Londo, there is a blacksmith that can forge powerful weapons with the souls of the bosses you have been slaying.

Cool! I saw this one Japanese video of some guy two-shotting bosses with this magic shield thing. I bet that weapon will be AWESOME!
---
#10moodyjm2Posted 2/5/2013 6:21:52 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]