is murakumo worth it?

#11lonelyhuntr(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:55:58 PM
Game Player05 posted...
You also need to use the jumping attacks a lot too, probably more so than any other weapon.

Jumping attacks as in forward rt or rolling?

Also, is it worth putting 5 more into int? To use great magic weapon? I kinda wanted to do it anyway for chameleon(I love just hidding to mess with invaders)
---
Video games make you smarter. If it wasn't for Monster Hunter i would have never noticed that 60 was divisible by 1,2,3,4,5,6,12 and 15.
#12Fo_lc_usPosted 2/5/2013 3:59:36 PM
lonelyhuntr posted...
Game Player05 posted...
You also need to use the jumping attacks a lot too, probably more so than any other weapon.

Jumping attacks as in forward rt or rolling?

Also, is it worth putting 5 more into int? To use great magic weapon? I kinda wanted to do it anyway for chameleon(I love just hidding to mess with invaders)

Forward RT.
---
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.
#13WOT BSPosted 2/5/2013 4:35:03 PM
definitely. ive been hanging out in dark anor londo with it at 120 and just murdering darkmoons that are dumb enough to not black seperation crystal away
---
GT: Extract Hz
#14localizedfreedoPosted 2/5/2013 4:41:05 PM
Baalbusterxbox posted...
It's a fine weapon, gets a little boring to use but it hits pretty hard has a great running attack and the r2s have decent situational applications... The 28 str 40 dex isn't too much of an investment and it's weight won't make it so you'll have low poise...

Plus you'll end up having access to multiple weapon variations in case you either get bored, or just want variations....

Example https://m.mugenmonkey.com/?c=343703329127676260

*27-45
---
GT: ii Messatsu ii
CLAYMORE of the Dark Souls
#15Game Player05Posted 2/5/2013 8:27:35 PM(edited)
localizedfreedo posted...

*27-45

Murakumo is 28 Strength to one hand. So 28-40.

45 dex if you can combo pyromancies, 40 is fine if you can't.

You definitely do -not- need 53 End either... My build only has 40 and is 118. I recommend 120 and below.
---
Meh, new sig time.
#16localizedfreedoPosted 2/5/2013 9:32:48 PM
Game Player05 posted...

*27-45

You definitely do -not- need 53 End either... My build only has 40 and is 118. I recommend 120 and below.

The one-handed moveset is poo. Idk why all these guys in thread are talking about good jumps and r2s, considering you can parry those moves on reaction unlike most PvP parries. Lol. This makes them terrible.

The two handed moveset is pretty good. It's enough better than the one-handed to never need 28. And what kind of dex build doesn't go up to 45 to use Pyromancy?
---
#17Game Player05Posted 2/6/2013 3:49:37 PM(edited)

The one-handed moveset is poo. Idk why all these guys in thread are talking about good jumps and r2s, considering you can parry those moves on reaction unlike most PvP parries. Lol. This makes them terrible.

The two handed moveset is pretty good. It's enough better than the one-handed to never need 28. And what kind of dex build doesn't go up to 45 to use Pyromancy?

2H moveset only gives you access to a slow R1 and completely vertical R2s that cannot dead angle, and a running attack that is both slow and completely vertical.

The 1H moveset has all the dead angle running and R2 attacks. There is no point in going to 27 strength either if you are only going to use it two handed and ignore it's versatile moveset.

A Dex build that doesn't have any attunement slots doesn't need to be at 45 dex, and the Murakumo is -not- a dex build it's a quality build. It has very steep requirements.
---
Meh, new sig time.
#18K_MAC445Posted 2/6/2013 3:54:16 PM
Game Player05 posted...

*27-45

1h moveset is way better, more sweeping attacks and is just as good for comboing, can dead angle much better. You also cant parry 2h jumping attacks so i dont know what you are talking about.
---
"if you can chainbs well then putting on hornets is like giving Michael Phelps arm floats" -Dex_Pyromaniac
#19Dex_PyromaniacPosted 2/6/2013 4:23:25 PM
No because everything disclosed in this topic as its advantages will only be helpful vs scrubs

In other words, yes, because 99% of dark souls players are scrubs

But seriously its a stat hog, theres much much better weapons out there which dont need you to have outrageous endurance, strength, dex, and also ring slots sacrificed (fap havel or fap wolf is kind of a must with murakumos 12 weight -.-)
---
GFWL - Dex Pyromaniac | Steam - dex_pyromaniac | SFxT mains: Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, Juri, Akuma
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff
#20localizedfreedoPosted 2/6/2013 6:01:11 PM
K_MAC445 posted...
Game Player05 posted...

*27-45

1h moveset is way better, more sweeping attacks and is just as good for comboing, can dead angle much better. You also cant parry 2h jumping attacks so i dont know what you are talking about.

A- everyone carries 36 poise so dead angle>combo isn't even possible one handed.
B-2h moveset is infinitely better. The dead angles are seriously as easy as lock on, attack, unlock, click directly away. Literally every time.
C- @other guy, it's not a quality weapon. It IS a dex weapon. You can put it on a quality build (27/40) but a quality WEAPON has to have equal dex/str scaling. The Mura is indisputably a dex weapon that happens to have a little strength scaling as well.
D- @other guy, not allocating 5 more points and however many into attunement to gain access to Pyromancy is outright foolishness. Pyromancy is incredibly powerful and supplements dex weapons perfectly.

And about jumping attacks, I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure they can be parried whether they're two-handed or not. I haven't seen with the murakumo specifically, but I have yet to see anything besides whips that couldn't be parried. I know even DGH strongs are parryable, so.
---