How did you get introduced to demon souls/ dark souls?

#1thedarkness0170Posted 2/5/2013 6:03:04 PM
I was browsing at gamestop and I noticed this and decided to play. I tried playing it for a few hours and HATED IT. I brought it back and was angry I wasted money on this trashy title. Months later my friend gets it and convinces me to get it and we live happily ever after.

THE END.

HOW ABOUT YOU!
---
#2agentpheonixPosted 2/5/2013 6:06:54 PM
I played Demon's Souls mainly because it was getting rave reviews, but I never beat it.

I played a bit of Dark Souls at a game con in 2011, and I like the bonfire system way more than Demon's Souls' respawn system, so I knew I wanted to play it.

However I always ended up playing other games for the longest time, and then just after Christmas this last year I saw it on sale for $20. I couldn't resist that price, and I'm SO glad I didn't.

This game has overtaken my life since.
---
GT: Red Undead Now Playing: Guardians of Middle Earth, Dark Souls
http://m-102.minus.com/ipPaN0GZBXpqY.gif
#3darkfire9430Posted 2/5/2013 6:09:56 PM
Never played Demon Souls as I do not own a PS3. I forget how I heard about this game-- either through positive reviews or through word-of-mouth on gaming discussion boards. The first night I had it, I played until 5 am, slept for three hours, then played the rest of the next day.
#4the_curatorPosted 2/5/2013 6:19:55 PM
When I was in my undergrad I lived in a house with this guy who had a ps3. He bought demon souls and I played some of it but then he moved out after that summer. When I heard the next installment to demon souls was coming out, I decided to check it out.
---
Yes, miracles I presume? GT- thecurator88
#5YellowcanPosted 2/5/2013 6:20:38 PM
I started by playing Demon Souls, I think I got it because of the reviews of it. I still remember playing the first level and getting completely wrecked. After many deaths I completed the stage, said forget this game and shelved it. After many months I started watching Dark Souls game play videos. After that I stated playing Demon Souls again and eventually got Dark Souls.
---
Oh, it's a French gun. What does it do, shoot white flags? - Sphericalisis
#6Oni_TatsujinPosted 2/5/2013 6:25:10 PM
When I bought my PS3, it was from Craigslist and came with a bunch of games the previous owner obviously wouldn't need anymore. Demon's Souls was one of them, and it was love at first button press.
---
The SAFE was slain in battle. A great flaming nautical pyre carries it off to VAULTHALLA.
www.youtube.com/user/Terrafuror - Gimme a view, sweet cheeks ;)
#7ArgentumVirPosted 2/5/2013 7:10:58 PM
I walked into Gamestop with a confident swagger, and talked big about me and RPGs. The manager suggested I try Dark Souls and be taken down a notch. I accepted his challenge. Now I have to shop for games only at his store. >.< The game is tough, refreshingly so,
---
Check my FictionPress: http://www.fictionpress.com/u/882728/
I love Rias Gremory.
#8RaptorkittyPosted 2/5/2013 7:18:06 PM
Was at a midnight release for something(can't remember what) and one of my friends who worked there told me about it. Ended up looking up videos, found ENB's channel and it all went from there.
---
GT: KittyKitty13 Playing: Demon's Souls, Castlevania:LoS
Official Dual GSoA on the Dark Souls board
#9AngryOldFeralPosted 2/5/2013 7:31:18 PM
In my early twenties, I committed a terrible crime involving the felony rape of an endangered species. Playing Dark Souls was a court-ordered punishment after my sexual encounter left me crippled and unable to do community service.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#10MrDuffy017Posted 2/5/2013 7:58:02 PM
Well this came out about a month-ish before Skyrim, so naturally when Skyrim was around the horizon, topics everywhere were all about "Dark Souls kicks Skyrim's ass, it's way better". I wasn't sure what to think. I said to myself "Self, don't listen, these people are obviously blind. Nobody can make a better fantasy RPG type thingy than Bethesda's Elder Scrolls series!"

Boy was I wrong.

Once my 100th hour in Skyrim came around I was looking for something new. "Dark Souls....." the little voice in my head whispered. So I caved. Bought it. Played it. Hated it. Just like that. However, once I learned the mechanics and figured it all out, I came to realize that yes, Dark Souls is better than Skyrim. I'll always have a place for Skyrim, it was awesome while it lasted. But I'm on my 100th or so hour on Dark Souls and I feel as though I'm just getting started! :D